Rusty's Mini-fridge

RustyDude

Well, Hell, It seems like I'm getting the itch to start growing again, so I thought I'd join up and let you guys and gals watch me stumble through my grow.

A couple days ago I got the urge to convert my old broken mini-fridge into a grow box, Sadly (as I did not think i would finish it) I took no pictures of the construction, but, Here she is completed!

CIMG2549.JPG

This is my 250w HPS in my homemade cool-tube.

CIMG2555.JPG

Right now the seeds I was going to use have refused to pop, so it look like I will be ordering some on payday, I'm thinking about going through one of the sponsor sites, any feedback on Castle Marijuana Seeds?

Well until I have more to update you guys on, or I hear back from you, here is the bowl I will be enjoying....

CIMG2557.JPG

CIMG2564.JPG

CIMG2567.JPG

CIMG2568.JPG

And the background for the photo's has been the book I'm reading...
CIMG2565.JPG

Until We meet again, Later.:grinjoint:

-Rusty :roorrip:

Re: Rusty's Mini-fridge.

Nicely built! Props, how does that cool tube work exactly? I want to convert a full size fridge some time. Hope to see an update once you get the new seeds. :goodluck:

The cool tube works by isolating the bulb and pumping air across it.

Here is the intake fan for the cool tube
CIMG2582.JPG

pushes the air through here
CIMG2585.JPG

And I have a secondary fan pulling the air out the back, you can see it through the glass
CIMG2586.JPG

This is a shot of it from the bottom looking up....
CIMG2584.JPG

The glass is a hurricane candle holder from the local hobby store, I built the mount to hold the socket from some random bits of sheet metal.

When I ran the Light without the tube being setup the box would get over 100f with the tube it stays right around 75-80f.

Looks cool! :grinjoint:
:goodluck:

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you checking it out once it really gets going.:grinjoint:

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

-Rusty

That's a very good way to recycle an old minifridge sir!
Congrats on the build, I hope to see a journal or hear bout one!!!

UPDATE: Tomorrow I will be ordering seeds, the 2 strains I'm looking at are Blue Mystic and Short Rider

Blue Mystic
Blue Mystic is one of the most popular strains of blue you have come to expect FROM Nirvana. This mostly Indica strain with some origins in California, produces heavy buds with a velvet blue hue in the latter stages of bloom under good growing conditions. Blue Mystic has an earthy smooth somewhat fruity berry flavor with good shelf life. Try Blue Mystic it's our special Nirvana mix.

Short Rider
Short Rider is a hybrid of our discontinued strains Top 44 and Early Special. Top 44 has long been a trade favourite because of its ability to produce commercially worthwhile amounts of strong, skunky buds in just 44 days of flowering. Even though Early Special itself lacks this characteristic, its Siberian Ruderalis genes give Short Rider the unique ability to "autoflower" — to flower independently of light cycles. This means you won't need to maintain a strict lighting schedule for this strain — it will flower regardless! Short Rider is a must for growers with limited space or who simply want to finish extra early. The quality is amazing considering how little time it takes to finis

I'm picking both of these for the simple fact the are short plants (and they aren't that expensive lol...

Now lets hope there aren't any problems with shipping...

-Rusty

Just a quick update: I ordered the seeds this morning, Weird thing was they said I would get a confirmation email, which I have still not received.... I'm hopping everything went through all right... (a bit paranoid because I've been ripped off by seed site before.)
Damn paranoia...

-Rusty

Another update: Just got the confirmation for my seeds so far no worries! Was just being a bit paranoid...

Off to vape a celebrate, Have a good night everyone.

-rusty

Glad to hear you didnt get ripped off. And your paranoia is very justified. I would be too im pretty skeptical about the whole orderin seeds anyways.... doesnt mean that i wont get some ill just have to get em sent to someone else... :passitleft: By your fridge set up i can tell youll do great man

just saw your post on castle seeds.
I have no feedback yet.
but ordered a small order on 5/13, should be here soon. I will post when they do.

Quick update, No beans yet so nothing to report on in that area, But I did take the cab for a test run today and the temps got a bit higher i was sitting at the high 90's I noticed that the fan drawing the air from my scrubber was making a knocking noise, Long story short My fan has a bad bearing, so I will be ordering a new one tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good night, I'm off to :roorrip:

-Rusty

Mr.Rusty.. LOL.. I thought about doin the same thing with a MiniFridge that we have here,, Kinna PISSY about the whole thing though,, dayam thing was ONLY a year old (and $200 Bucks),, and I poked a hole in the Condensing Plate tryin to Defrost it.. :( .. (What a TARD) .. Anyways,, after ALOT of careful consideration and thought,, I couldnt come up with a way to keep it cool enough,, shy of runnin STRICTLY LEDs (Which Im still BRAND NEW to),, without the Fridge being able to cool itself.. NICE IDEA on the Cooling Tube ya made.. WISH I woulda thought about that before abandoning the idea completely and spendin $500 Bucks on 2 new Tents.. ALTHOUGH,, now that I have,, I LOVE the Tents,, EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with em (Dark Room Tents).. Ill be taking some Photos here real soon of my new Endevour,, and will also be keepin a close Eye on yours.. Love the Ingenuity my Friend.. ..

Much Love and Respect.. ..

Tommy

( The ENTIRE World is FULL of IDIOTS,, Nice to know some of us stay ahead of the Curve !! ) .. :)

"and I poked a hole in the Condensing Plate tryin to Defrost it.. :( .. (What a TARD) .. "

LMAO :rofl: That is exactly how this fridge died too, did you happen to catch a face full of the freon like stuff too? Damn near froze half of my face...

I would love to pick up a grow tent, maybe after I knock out this grow, then I can make the fridge into a box for a mother plant... hmmm... lol.

I will be doing a full update hopefully tonight, just a quick note, I got my seeds and I already got 2 of em sprouted, there will be pics as soon as I find my camera.

until tonight, everyone stay high :ganjamon:

-Rusty

Mr.Rusty..
LoL.. Yes Sir,, Yes Sir I DID get a Face FULL of Freon in the Process.. LoL.. Toooo funny !! .. Been tryin to figure out a way to just use my dead Fridge as a Curing Room,, Since it IS already sealed Air Tight,, Hmm.. Will have to give that some more thought for sure.. ..
And you got your Beans already,, NICE !! .. I actually Ordered some through another Company,, and have YET to see em.. :( .. I may have to just go ahead and place an Order with the same place you did.. But glad you got yours,, thats AWESOME !! !!
As for me,, I just took some Pics of the Single Tent Ive had set up for a Month now,, and then went ahead and set up the Second just now.. Took me about 2 Hours to pretty much complete the entire Program,, Tent,, 1 out of the 2 Lights,, and all of the In-Line Fans and Ventilation Ducting.. YaY !! .. :) .. Just snapped a few Pics too,, now just need to figure out how to UpLoad em onto here,, LoL.. ..
Definately keep me posted if ya will,, looking forward to it and GOOD LUCK !! !! .. :)

Tommy

Update: Sorry I didn't get around to updating last night, Was trying to figure out a solution for my temp problems (I know a 250w HPS in a mini fridge, of course you're going to have a temperature problem) but the weird thing is I was only running the CFL's and I was hitting in the lower 90's... So I switched over to the HPS and now I'm sitting right at 79, that shows the power of the cool tube :ganjamon:

This was taken after the HPS was on most of the night and all morning...
IMG_091614.jpg

Full size...
IMG_09157.jpg

Now a bit about the plants themselves both are Nirvana's Short Rider Female seeds, the sprouted June 5th and are now sitting in one of those starter cube things(sorry I don't remember what they're called).

IMG_091210.jpg

IMG_091310.jpg

I just watered them (that's why the soil looks so wet)

So it looks like I might have to do this whole grow under a HPS, at least until I can find a way to cool off the CFL's..... oh well if this was easy it wouldn't be as much fun.:ganjamon:

So.. ummm... any questions?

-Rusty:bongrip:

Mr.Rusty..
That is just AWESOME !! Looks like things are gonna work out just fine,, Lookin forward to keepin tabs on your Grow.. Im SURE you'll have MUCH better results with the HPS anyways !!
As for me,, Just recieved my Beans in the Mail today,, but have yet to plug em in,, was busy cutting Clones off of my SLT *Wrecked* BabyGurl that sprouted back on May 1st.. Actually tryin something new with her Babys,, I Veg'd her for 2 Weeks,, then Flowered her for 2 Weeks,, now shes been back in Veg for the last Week.. (Somethin we did with her Original Breeding Mother),, the results with the Original were AMAZING.. But not sure whatll happen with her,, Shes got a bit more Sativa Lineage then her Mom did.. Just thought Id give it a go and see what happens.. lol
So I waited till today to cut Clones from her,, (Another ole *Trick* that works AWESOME with some Strains).. LoL.. We shall see..
But,, I got 5 different Strains in the Mail today,, a Super Skunk #1,, Afghan,, Pure Power Plant,, Master Kush,, and a Nirvana Special.. Looking forward to seeing how things go with these as well,, the Skunk #1 Seeds are HUGE !! .. Maybe the biggest Ive ever seen.. lol .. ..

Anyways,, didnt mean to drag on.. lol.. ..

Much Respect.. ..

Tommy

Hey Red, where did you get those tents? And how much were they? I'm looking at trying to convince the wife a tent would be a worthy investment, lol.

-Rusty:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom