Rising pH hydroponic problem

HappyGrowmore

I'm using a complete nutrient line in my bubble bucket system with clay pellets. I mixed up the nutes and tested pH. Reading was at 7 so I lowered it using GH pH down to 6.0 The next day it climbed back up to 8.1 So I lowered it again to a 6 and it climbed back up to 7.0 in 12 hours. I have ruled out all other influences except for the nutes. The pH goes up with just a bucket and an airline.

Starting ppm/ro water at 12 ppm
Starting pH 7.5
Starting temp 68 degrees

After nutes

ppm at 650 (half dose for starting clones)
pH 7.7
Temp 68
I airate for 1 hour with GH pH down until pH hits 6

Im not very well familiar with hydro but I do use aero cloner. I usually drop the PH down to 5.0 so that when it goes up it will level it self out around 5.8-6.0.

As far as I know using nutes for cloning in a aero isnt needed. And you can leave your air stone on 24/7. No need to shut it off since the more oxygen in the water the better. Plus it will stop bacteria from growing.

Also how big is your reservoir? the more water the better the PH will level it self out. And make sure your buffering your PH pen correctly. I also use PH drops just to make sure that my PH pen is running right

Im not very well familiar with hydro but I do use aero cloner. I usually drop the PH down to 5.0 so that when it goes up it will level it self out around 5.8-6.0.

As far as I know using nutes for cloning in a aero isnt needed. And you can leave your air stone on 24/7. No need to shut it off since the more oxygen in the water the better. Plus it will stop bacteria from growing.

Also how big is your reservoir? the more water the better the PH will level it self out. And make sure your buffering your PH pen correctly. I also use PH drops just to make sure that my PH pen is running right

Right now I'm only mixing 10 gallons for 2 clones that just rooted. I'm going to keep airating and adding pH down till it stabilizes. Good point about the pen tester tip. Mine is stored properly and calibrated monthly. A lot of people don't.

I suggest check out Cultivators grow. He does DWC and very good at it. He runs 3 or more grows at once and there all hydro

Thanks for the tip. Ill check it out.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom