Room setup help

Jmillz

I'm getting ready to get a room together in my basement. Any advice is appreciated lights etc.. Veg is 4 by 4 and flower is 12 by 6. Please help

For Veg check out the new 400 watt Hortilux Blue MH. That should be good for 4x4. For the 12x6 flower room you should probably go for two 1000 watt Hortilux HPS lamps. All of these can be run on the Solis Tek Matrix 1000 watt ballast. I recommend these not from expereince but from my latest research. They all seem like great products if you have the $.
I have a 4x4 Gorilla Grow tent and am going with a 600watt Solis Tek ballast and 600watt Hortilux HPS. I'm 1st stage vegging under a 4' 4xT5 fixture with 6400K blue spectrum bulbs. After transplanting to 7 gallon Smart Pots I'll 2nd stage veg for a few more weeks under the 600w HPS then switch to 12/12 flowering. Good luck on the basement grow Jmillz

Hi Jmillz,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here. Pretty sound advice from Calyx Hunter on the lighting. In fact I might suggest 3 or even 4 1000 watt lights if you are going to use all of the 12x6 room for flowering. I believe the mark your shooting for is around 50 watts a sq. foot for flowering so 3 would leave you about 600 watts shy of that, but I suspect you will want to leave a little room around the edges so you can tend the plants.

Are you planning on growing in soil?

Back
Top Bottom