Scrog net height in grow box

Anoobis

Hi. Its been a long time since I've grown anything, maybe 15 years. I used to grow in a fairly large cupboard with a 400w HP's bulb and a hydroponic flood and drain base. Never topped, never scrogged. What I am building now is a bit different to what I am used to and I am looking for advice.

I am building a small grow box out of a filing cabinet with the intention of one or two plants at most. Its 4ft tall (132 cm), 2ft or 65cm in depth, and 1.5ft or 47cm in width. I plan to grow in soil (quality organic soil, perlite and worm casting mixture). Using a 300w led which I have never used before. It will have a couple of USB intake fans and a 4 inch exhaust fan pulling air through a small diy carbon filter (85cfm). Plant pots will be roughly 25cm tall or 0.8ft.

I am wondering what height I should set the scrog net given the limited height. The strain I am using is unknown, probably more indica than sativa. I am planning on topping a few times and manifolding. These are old seeds I have kept frozen for a decade as getting ahold of new seeds is nearly impossible!e for me where I live. Hopefully they germinate, ive tested a few and they still sprouted. How long would you let them veg before flowering? And how high would you set the scrog? Given how small the box is should I just leave the light at the top of the box and not lower it over the canopy?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom