Seattle Hempfest 2009

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Seattle Hempfest is held the third weekend in August. The next Seattle Hempfest is August 15-16, 2009 in Seattle, WA. The event spans three Seattle waterfront parks: Elliott Bay Park (North Entrance), Myrtle Edwards Park, and Olympic Sculpture Park (South Entrance).

Event hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Admission to Seattle Hempfest is free.

To beat the crowds, use the north entrance by crossing the Amgen Pedestrian Bridge off of W Prospect Street. It has an elevator and is wheelchair accessible, placing the avid attendee just north of Seattle Hempfest's north entrance. There is very little parking at W Prospect Street. So your best bet is to walk, bike, or take a metro bus to that location. Take metro bus 18 to north entrance, and 15 to south entrance. Downtown Seattle has several parking garages.

Hempfest's PHYSICAL address is: 3130 Alaskan Wy. W. 98121 (Don't try to mail something there, it is a park! Also, you can NOT drive into the park from that entrance, even if you are a vendor or a delivery).

More Info: Frequently Asked Questions | Seattle Hempfest

Definatly plan on making it out there this year. :grinjoint:

you lucky ones who go please take some pictures and give us a report . . . please

Will do. As much as I can anyway :grinjoint:

iHANZO your answers are:
1-Unsure of the age limit, but I can almost bet you have to be 18. Not sure how strictly they monitor age at the booths.
2-There are cops everywhere, but they primarily monitor for acts of violence. Everyone there is baked and it wouldn't surprise me if half of the cops apply just to get a contact buzz lol. You will leave safely as long as you don't act like a fool.
3-You are gonna find a wide range of pieces there with a wide range of prices. Don't expect to get a wicked cool heavy glass piece for cheap, that's still gonna cost ya some bank. You will find the run of the mill pieces that look just like every other piece you find in a different color. Sorry about the negativity on this one, but I am partial to a piece that has taken some time to create and don't mind dropping a couple hundred when I get it. A true piece of art is much nicer than a thin glass pipe that will break easily.

high kannabis kid!

hope to see you at the fest. Hey, there are tons of kids there, babies and dogs too, although really dogs aren't supposed to be there. No age limit!

aren't the cops very cool at Hempfest? it is the most requested weekend work - they love working it. the staff and volunteers are very good to the police and thank them all weekend, on stage and individually. I was sitting on the rocks last year and two cops came by, everyone was rolling and smoking. Some young man had his bag on his lap and the cop said 'hand it over' and dude gave him the finger and said 'blow me'. cop was flustered, but walked away.
that kind of behavior is highly discouraged. as you said, if you are not a jerk, they won't bother you. Actually, more of them are on duty with the traffic.
And yes, there are lots of very cheap import (sorry!) pipes. They may look okay, but as you said, they will break and the stuff they use may be a little toxic!!! paint and stuff. I'm with you, I will bring a couple hundred and maybe get a pipe or three. By late sunday, they are really bringing the $$$ down. Everybody is high and tired.

If you come in through the Myrtle Edwards south entrance there is always a gal there from Nederland CO selling cookies, etc. and hers are the best there!!!! Tripping!!!

they still need volunteers and there are many benefits besides the karma.

Volunteer Staff | Seattle Hempfest

hempfest_blog.jpg

Photos by Joshua Trujillo, Seattle P-I

Did you Go? Lets hear some reports & see some pictures. I betcha it was great!
:smokin:

Definatly had a damn good times saturday and sunday. Would of been better if I could of smoked but I still enjoyed myself. Good to see a lot of people out there supporting the cause. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom