Seed Dilemma

Growingnow

So here is my dilemma I am going to be ordering a few different varieties soon and am wondering what to choose. I will say that I'm looking more towards Indica heavy strains. What I would like to do is get a few options as I have two weeks to decide what I want. Going to order from one of the sandbank sponsors on here.

So Indica or Indica dominant
Indoor Grow
Avg Size will be doing low # of plants that have been super cropped
Couch Lock high
Good Bubble Hash maker
:thanks:

Ok so from sensible seeds the company greenhouse seeds has some nice little mixes

Sativa Mix Feminized
Super Silver Haze
Arjan's Strawberry Haze
Arjan's Haze #1
Neville's Haze
Hawaiian Snow

Rasta Mix Feminised
A.M.S.
Big Bang
The Church

Sativa / Indica Mix I Feminised
El Niño
Train Wreck
Lemon Skunk
Cheese
The Church

Sativa/Inica Mix B Feninsided
Arjan's Haze #1
White Widow
A.M.S.
White Rhino
Arjan's Haze # 3

Sativa / Indica Mix C Feminised
Hawaiian Snow
Super Silver Haze
Lemon Skunk
White Rhino
Big Bang

Mix Sativa / Indica A
Hawaiian Snow
Great White Shark
Arjan's Strawberry Haze
Lemon Skunk
The Church

Sativa / Indica Mix D
Hawaiian Snow
Great White Shark
The Church
Cheese
Arjan's Haze # 1

Sativa / Indica Mix E
Big Bang
El Nino
White Widow
Cheese
Himalaya Gold

Sativa / Indica Mix G
A.M.S
The Church
Train Wreak
White Rhino
White Widow

Sativia / Indica Mix H
Great White Shark
Lemon Skunk
White Rhino
Trainwreck
Cheese

Growingnow,
Myself would rather research the different strains and put together my own package. One suggestion that I have is to stick with feminized seeds. My first grow had 7 beautiful plants.......5 males were destroyed, sad but true. I think the little extra money is well worth it.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Hi , I am a first time poster and also first time indoor grower who recently tried to cultivate a strain called "the doctor". They grew massive and I couldn't manage them in the small space I had, has anyone any sound advice on what type to go for next, something small and compact? Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated guys, thanks

Hi , I am a first time poster and also first time indoor grower who recently tried to cultivate a strain called "the doctor". They grew massive and I couldn't manage them in the small space I had, has anyone any sound advice on what type to go for next, something small and compact? Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated guys, thanks

Tbones,
"the doctor" ? Could that be "Dr. Grinspoon" ? Have her growing now. 100% sativa, she will grow tall. Mine are in cages/towers and I`m wrapping her round and round the cage. I`m indoors, so have a height limit of 4 1/2-5 feet, so round and round she goes. Indica or indica dominant girls will be shorter and bushier. Fim or top or pinch the plant to help keep it under control (all mean the same thing). Just posted pictures 2 days ago on the "Over 50 Club" site in the "Growers Lounge". Hope this might help.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

You can control the height on just about any MJ plant based on the height at which they enter flowering and a stretch factor. Figuring out the exact stretch factor takes experience with the strain...

Some examples based on my own experience. I have grown a mostly sativa variety (Light of JAH) which grows mightily indoors. The first plant grew to fill an entire tent - even after I broke the tops out three or four times. Later attempts - I found that the stretch factor is about 5... and I had grown this plant to 18"... If you do the math 5 x 18" = 90"... and I only have about 60" of headroom. Big mistake.

I have also grown a lot of White Widow. The variety that I grow has a stretch factor of 3. So the first grow I grew them to 20" - and they stoped just under 54". Second grow, I flowered them at 16" and they finished at 48". The final grow I started at 10" and they finished at just under 30" tall. So a stretch factor of three seems appropriate. So the formula would be:

Final Height = Initial Height x Stretch Factor

So while there are no hard and fast numbers that I can give... I can give some metrics to use to help control height. And remember, all of these should have a disclaimer such as "Your mileage may vary." - as you may not get the growth rates in soil as I do in hydro. And there are also the issues that not all White Widows are created equal - they differ on parental lineage.

For an indica - it would seem that a stretch factor of 2.0 to 2.5 is appropriate.

For an indica / sativa mix - I would assume a stretch fact between 2.5 and 3.0.

For a sativa / indica mix - I would assume a stretch factor between 3.0 and 3.5.

And for a mostly sativa / pure sativa - anywhere between 4 and 5 should be safe.

Time for an example.

I have a pure sativa that I have never grown before. My grow space is restricted such that the plant can get no taller than 36". Using the formula given above, and re-arranging things - we get the following:

Initial Height = Final Height / Stretch Factor

So with a pure sativa - I am going to DIVIDE 36" by the stretch factor of 4 and end up at 9". Because I don't know the variety well - I will assume the worst, that it could do a 5x expansion. This would mean that I need to flower this variety at 7.2" to stay safe. Basically, start flowering when the seedling hits 7 to 8 inches - and I should be safe.

Hope these metrics help. While not exact - they do give you a starting point for determining how to control height during flowering.

You have to train your plants.. I too have had some huge developers and the only thing that you can do is after they have stopped stretching and the next day after giving them a good water, squeeze the stem between your fingers and then bend the plants over and around each other... it will give them a little stress too which can be bad in most cases but if done at this time may actually aid in the production of THC and will also be a lot easier to manage although maybe a little awkward to water perhaps.

If I remember correctly the doctor is from greenhouse seeds they did a limited run around a year or two ago. It was also released once before that.

I have made my choices and got some ordered and next two rounds of seeds will include the doctor as its one of the freebies offered

Back
Top Bottom