Seed Position experiment

Since I didn't have very good luck with my last batch of seeds, I figured I'd do a little experimenting.
I normally use paper towel or direct to soil with good results. But my last batch of seeds had problems germinating.
SO,
I took a rockwool cube and poked holes in the 4 corners. Placed one seed point down, one point end up and two sideways. Less than 48 hours the point up sprouted. The next day the point down sprouted and one of the sideways, the other sideways nothing yet.
Since all three positions worked, nothing conclusive to rule out one or the other, but I was surprised the point up one came up first.
Still deciding which to use for the next batch, but I do like the rockwool cubes for ease of use, no touching the seed.

Good on you!

I've been using RW for over 20 years, but never had any luck with seeds in it. Guess my seed-fu is weak.

Glad it works for someone.

DD

i've noticed with seeds in rockwool, you have to watch out how damp the cubes are after the seeds start to show upward growth. It doesnt take much for the stalk to get waterlogged and rot out right at the base.

Back
Top Bottom