Seedling help!

HawaiiGrower

Hey I planted 5 seedlings, strain is Purple #1 and they are 13 days above soil one is doing really terrible and I wanted to know what I could do to fix it? How do the others look for 13 days? The burns came from the soil being too hot. And some of the bottom leaves are starting to drop a little. I’m using roots organic original soil and have been feeding them with 6.0-6.5 PhD water and 1tbs of cal mag per gallon. I was thinking of transplanting them into 1 gallons and dilute the soil with 6.0-6.5 ph water until the runoff gets around there with a ppm of around 200. Lmk please and mahalo
075266E6-EF4D-4198-A424-AD5518D10E13.jpeg
E6B67191-1A34-4214-B44A-4BFD7895F49F.jpeg
B35D7321-C6F3-433D-8040-945792361DF5.jpeg
50EC773E-F88D-4AB4-8F16-5FB861C93022.jpeg
2E7505FA-0754-4407-9AEC-F2D235919CAB.jpeg

Do you let them dry out at all?
The soil seems to wet and roots are not happy.
Also, what do you have as dranage in the, soil? Perlite?
Let them dry out and
Just don't give cal mag for a week to see if they perk up.

I’m just letting the soil dry out and they seem to be happier. I think I’m going to just transplant all of them into 1 gallons today except for the smallest one. And just dilute the soil to a 6.5 and 200ish ppm runoff. Do you think they’ll still be good?

roots organic is a wonderful soil and it is not too hot. The formerly angry bird, now a happy bird, is correct. Everything I see here says you are overwatering, a lot. Let these plants dry out. Stop accepting advice to flush an unknown problem away or throw even more water at the soil trying somehow to fix something that isn't broken. Stop accepting advice to transplant before there is a clear need to to transplant based on the plant running out of room, and stop trying to guess what the cause of your troubles is when there is a logical reason for the way this thing is going. I firmly believe that all of your trouble has to do with the way you water, which is way too often. Also, please tell me there are drainage holes in those planters so that water is not pooling in the bottom.
You can get these plants to thrive, but you are going to have to change some basic premises. Please read my work on how to properly water... it has saved so many gardens that it became a sticky, and many people saw such profound changes in their gardens after understanding the need for the wet/dry cycle, that you see the link to this work in signature lines all over this forum.

roots organic is a wonderful soil and it is not too hot. The formerly angry bird, now a happy bird, is correct. Everything I see here says you are overwatering, a lot. Let these plants dry out. Stop accepting advice to flush an unknown problem away or throw even more water at the soil trying somehow to fix something that isn't broken. Stop accepting advice to transplant before there is a clear need to to transplant based on the plant running out of room, and stop trying to guess what the cause of your troubles is when there is a logical reason for the way this thing is going. I firmly believe that all of your trouble has to do with the way you water, which is way too often. Also, please tell me there are drainage holes in those planters so that water is not pooling in the bottom.
You can get these plants to thrive, but you are going to have to change some basic premises. Please read my work on how to properly water... it has saved so many gardens that it became a sticky, and many people saw such profound changes in their gardens after understanding the need for the wet/dry cycle, that you see the link to this work in signature lines all over this forum.
Makes sense to me. But remember in order to facilitate uptake of nutrient water is needed if soil dries out completely then your plants stops growing to.

Emilya id love for you to see how often i water and flush and youd be like dang he does know what he is talking about look at that intense growth.
Some people just have knack BTF and get lucky. I dry out my plants almost to the point of wilting all through veg, and my plants do quite well too. And the way I grow in my living soil, I would never think of flushing. You clearly have a system that works for you, but I teach basic weedology, and how it works best for most people who are new at this and do not have your knack. You really need to stop throwing out what you think are truisms, and are not...
flushing is a must in soil
... sorry, incorrect. Flushing is necessary if you are a synthetic nutrient user, hydro or soil. The other one,
if the soil dries out the plant stops growing
... nope again... sorry. Not meaning to pick on you, but please... let's stick with facts here while we try to help people with their gardens.

Back
Top Bottom