Seedling only has one set of leaves is this normal?

I've planted 10 seeds all together and 5 of them sufaced in 3 days tme. But this perticular one doesn't have the 2nd set of leaves on it. I did my research by googling "seedlings leaves" and this what came up

" Seedling leaves or cotyledons are the first leaves to appear on a plant. When a seed develops in the ovary of a plant, seedling leaves form there with all the machinery needed to carry out photosynthesis. The seedling leaves lie in the seed while it is dormant like inflatable emergency rafts. When the seed germinates it takes up water ("imbibes"-water) and the seedling leaves expand. The seed's tiny stem grows using reserves in the seed and the leaves are brought above the soil and begin the process of photosynthesis to capture energy and grow new plant parts.
Plants whose seeds have two seedling leaves are called dicotyledons and include most flowering plants (flowers, vegetables, shrubs, trees). Plants whose seeds have one seedling leaf are called monocotyledons and include the grasses and cereal grains (wheat, rice, oats, barley, etc), bamboo, palm, lilies and others. These are some other fairly consistent differences between monocots and dicots: "

If you read all of that it says "one leaf include grass's and etc." I this a common happening for MJ plants?

All my plants always have them 2 starter leafs , maybe that one plant is gonna be a deformed or I could be completely wrong , just let it keep growing and see what happens , but keep us up to date as Id be interesting in knowing what it turns out too look like , or if it grows at all normally .
Maybe post a pic of what ur talking about , i just cant picture a weed plant without its 2 starter leafs :p

All my plants always have them 2 starter leafs , maybe that one plant is gonna be a deformed or I could be completely wrong , just let it keep growing and see what happens , but keep us up to date as Id be interesting in knowing what it turns out too look like , or if it grows at all normally .
Maybe post a pic of what ur talking about , i just cant picture a weed plant without its 2 starter leafs :p

An one of the leaves are shorter than the other. It might be disformed. Hopefully it still grow. I'm keeping my eye on it I'm about to take I out theheating mat tray and put in a cup with the others as well. I used coco coir to start them off but I think there no nutes in coco coir so ill be mixing soil with it when I do the transfer. Ill keep you guys up dated and post a picture soon

Coco has 0 nutes and is inert.

What you most likely are seeing is a seedling with one normal sized leaf and one ultra tiny gimpy leaf.

It can still turn into a good plant so do not kill it just wait and see what happens.

Adding a bit of Mycorrizal fungi would be good to add to your soil as well when you xplant them into bigger pots.

Back
Top Bottom