Setup and goals.

ol_stoner

This is my first indoor grow. I want to grow three plants in this space. I'm growing in a closet that is 2 feet x 5 feet. I have the wall's painted flat white. I have a 150 watt HPS now. I don't think that's enough light for an optimum grow though. I'm considering buying a 400 watt HPS with a convertible MH bulb. I'll run the MH for veg and then run both HPS for flowering. I installed a 100cfm bathroom exhaust fan in the cieling of the closet. I also have a 6 inch fan for air circulation. Odor control won't be an issue. I have premix potting soil that I will add some extra vermiculite too for better drainage. I also have some worm castings I plan on adding to the mix. I'm going to grow some Blueberry. :bongrip:

Any thought's or opinions on my setup are appreciated.

Also, I plan on vegging to 18 inches bfore going 12/12. I have about 5 1/2 feet from floor to work with.

I wish you the best of luck...and blueberry sounds nice. When I start getting my set up together...I will have to read and see how your doing then! :-D

If I have heat issues with the ventilation I have I plan on just opening the closet door. Light proof, checks out good. Humidity, I have a hygrometer to check humidity with. The room stays between 60% and 70% right now. I don't have my grow started yet though. I'm sure it will go up some when I do. I plan on circulating a lot of air. If all goes well, my goal is to harvest a pound of primo buds from three females in that space.

If i may add a suggestion. If your going from 150 watts to 400 i would definately get a inline duct cooled hood w/ glass, you should be able to glue a flange air tight aorund that bathroom fan( i would suggest a RS6 fan from "can fan" though. You might want a fan drawing fresh air in also. And the MH conversion bulb is a good idea. Good luck on the grow keep us posted and post some pics along the way.:peace:

Thanks for the tips JB. I can't really afford to add more to my setup at this point. The closet door has a 2 inch gap at the bottom for intake air. 72 square inches. I'll open a window in the bedroom that the closet is located in to draw fresh outside air.

Are you goin' scrog? You said you wanted to get a pound off of those three plants? It'll be much harder indoors in that setup than outdoors without optimal conditions. But that would be dope to see. Get down, man.:adore:

I plan on doing some LST. 10 square feet of flloor space and the plants will have 5 feet of vertical space to grow. Thats allowing for the height of the pots. I'll have 40 watts psf to veg and 55 watts psf to flower. I'm going to take it easy on the nutes. I think a pound is an attainable goal. Hell, I'll be happy as shit with 1/2 LB just the same. LOL A good buddy of mine harvested 1/2 pound per plant of blueberry indoors.

I'll keep the board updated when I start and the progress of the grow. I should have my seeds in two weeks.

Ok, did a test run with the 150w HPS and the door closed. Temp reached 78 degrees. The 150 has a built-in ballast so that is generating some heat. I think I will be ok with the 400w MH I also switched out the 100 cfm exhaust fan for a 180 cfm. My air exchange is at 2 1/2 times per minute.

Ok, checked the humidity again with and "accurate" hygrometer and it's at 38%. Very happy with that. I'm going to use a little Miracle Grow for tomato's during the veg cycle. Any opinions on this? I saw in a grow journal where a member here got some awesome results with Miracle Grow. Makes sense to me that tomoato's being closely related to MJ that it should work well. I'm going to take it easy on the nutes as I understand that Blueberry doesn't like a lot of nutes. For flowering I have some 0-13-0 Indonesion Bat Guano that I'm going to use. I just hope it doesn't make my buds taste shitty. LOL, couldn't resist.

Got three feminized Blueberries breaking through the soil now! Have them under a 150w HPS......My 400w HPS +MH should be here anyday. I've also decided that I'm going to use Fox Farm organics for ferts and nutes. Dr. Hornby's stuff is just too much coin at the moment.

Pics!

Here is a pic of my 3 femmed Bluberry plants. They are 5 days old. One of them has some knarled leaves on it. I'm gonna grow it out, may be some good bud.

plants.jpg

Here's another pic of my closet.

grow.jpg

Here is a pic of the vent fan in my closet.

vent.jpg

You can not go wrong with using Fox Farms Products. Stay away from miracle grow.

It looks like those pots are a little small.

Keep an eye on the Temp in you grow box.

I'm just starting the seedlings in those small pots. I will transplant into 3 gallon pots.

9 Days from seed. That one is a freaky mutant. Under a 150w HPS until this monday, then my 400w MH + HPS will be here.

9days.jpg

Back
Top Bottom