Hey to All,Im New Here, My Closet Setup

Markers

My Closet Setup, Kinda Ghetto

I've been lurking here for a while, thought I'd share what I've learned. Here's how i set my closet up. Most everything but the lights is stuff I had lying around. 1st I got some empty cat litter buckets. These are large, close to 5 gallons each. Drilled some holes, glued some pvc I had to the bottom. This lets them drain.

In the closet I built a shelf about 9 inches off the floor. This holds a large plastic storage box

I melted a hole in the bottom of the tub and siliconed a hose to allow water to drain into a smaller plastic container. This way I can flush without taking the plants to the bathtub.

I put a heavy duty bathroom fan in the drop ceiling. this is vented through the roof. The nearest neighbor is over 100 yards away so no need for carbon filter.

For lights I have two 150 watt HPS and one 400 watt HPS/ Metal Halide. I like having more than one light, if one burns out the others will be good till it's replaced. Also I can put them at 3 different heights when needed.

Next I mix up some grow medium, 50% potting mix 25% perlite 25% vermiculite.

Now I transplant the clones that I have been keeping alive with just barely enough light water and food.

These are over 2 months old.
I didn't have room to let them get bigger till the previous grow was harvested.

So now the plants are (3 indica 3 sativa, all clones from bagseed 4 generations ago) ready to veg under 400 watt MH and two 150 watt HPS. This is Sept. 9th

For nutes I use Better-Gro Orchid Plus which is 20-14-13, and in flower I use Better-Gro Orchid bloom booster 11-35-15, every 3rd or 4th feeding, Also some cal mag once in a while. I know some of you will give me crap for using these nutes but Ive used them for 3 grows and they perform well. When I run out or get some extra cash I'll probably try something else.

This is 5 weeks later Oct 14th

and Nov. 4th

Thanks for looking, I'll post more when I take more pics.
Later

daaaaaang. lookin good my man! its crazy how quick they grow when you actually get some light to em haha but your grow is very impressive. i would still personally be scared of neighbors smelling, but then again im the paranoid type. happy growin brotha

Thanks runner, I kept them alive under two 2 foot T-8's for over 2 months waiting for the prior grow to harvest. I gave em just enough water and food to stay alive. soon as they went under the real lights and got some food and water they just took off. As for the neighbors, well I'm out in the country a ways If they smell anything at all I'm hoping they will think its just a skunk. I'll put up some newer pics soon as i can, the buds are getting filled out now.

Man, im jealous... im over here cooking up a way I can grow in my apartment and you can devote a whole closet to it! Lol have you thought about putting your next grow in the grow journal section? I sure would follow it

Hey dude just got your response. Looks like your nutes are doing the trick :) thats a killer deal tho, I gotta get over to lowes and see if they carry it by me. and im pretty on spot with your perlite, vemiculite ratio so I like what you got goin on. you should check out Blue Planet Nutrients if you ever do switch up nutes. He gets killer reviews, sponsors this magazine forum, and gives away prizes to monthly contest winners. Im about to try out his farmers pride line myself. You should listen up to mudrunner too. with the craftiness of your closet grow-op, and use of such simple household goods, something tells me, you'll get a few people subscribing :) thanks again, always appreciated buddy

Took this today 11-20-11 Don't know if you can see the difference My camera isn't the best. I'll think about a journal. I have some clones I'm barely keeping alive until theas are harvested.

Nice low-budget setup.

Back
Top Bottom