StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil Grow - 400w -Take 2 - Nov. 2011

StonedyCreek

OK guys, S.C here and thanks for checking out the journal. This will be my re-do on the Pineapple Kush strain. I made my girls suffer last time through some old shop light floro's I had, and I got the gear to do it right this time!! If you'd like, you can take a look at my harvested Kush nugs, in this months Nug of the month Contest. :) Obviously my entries quality isn't top notch, so heres a great chance for an epic before and after evaluation.

I also got a cheap camera phone so i figure its enough to get me started and keep my viewers well posted. Here's the facts:

Strain: Pineapple Kush

Hydro or Soil: MG Soil during veg-- switching to HappyFrog with 30% perlite, 15% vermiculite as they switch into flowering. 3 gal. pots soon.

Lighting: (2) Aerogarden Elite CFL platforms (using light part only, about 150w) for veg cycle , and (1) 400w hps for flowering.

Nutes: None for now.. looking to invest in some sensi bloom/grow

Temp: Night Low of 55-65, High of 75-85

Watering- Bi- daily as needed. Leaving time for soil to dust up

Pests- Just some fruit flies. anyone here of these things doing root damage? they dont seem to be much of a bother, but there on my " to exterminate" list

# of plants- 5

And Herreee We goo!

This journal will not be starting at seed. I began germinating the seeds around Oct. 1st so figure a few days for them to crack, were probably in week 6 of veg now.. so I'm gonna go another week till I have my Flower room perfected, and i will keep you guys up to date.:rocker: For now, here are some shots of the girls. I have topped, and LST started them. There doing great, really getting a wild bonzai tree look. 3 of them are nearly a foot wide, and not one is over 10 inches in height. Two of those have already shown signs of hairs, as well as one of the smaller girls. Thanks for reading, and any advice is more than appreciated-- it's what brought me here! S.C out!! ...-.-...

y2.jpg

There getting some nice training here
t30.jpg

s10.jpg

looking sweet
q25.jpg

u5.jpg

r28.jpg

d68.jpg

And thats all for now!! Hope you guys leave me some feedback, Im just starting to get into the routine of staying current with this site so :thanks: and I look forward to some Pineapple Kush exploration!

Re: StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil grow- 400w-Take 2/ Nov.2011

Hey SC...what the word?....welcome to the :420: journal world.....looking good all around....looks like one of the girls has a zinc def.....simply add some cal/mag my man Nf cut that leaf off and she should be fine....:hippy:........so far so good....:ciao:

Hey C.V thanks for the warm welcome! I think it's time to step up my participation on this site to more than just a viewer you dig? I'd have to say out of every cannabis forum out there, this has the single, finest selection of mature activists and cultivators on the entire net. anyway, thanks :420:

As for that Cal/mag, deficiency, what usually is an early sign of this? leaf yellowing or perhaps burnt leaf tips? One of my biggest reasons for starting this journal is my lack of knowledge over plant ailments. I noticed a lot of growers posting pictures of troubled plants, and get quick, top notch solutions. Anyway, thanks buddy, you think I can pick up some Cal/mag at a general garden store, or someplace more specific?

I wouldn't object to hearing your opinion on nutes either! :)

Sensigrow/bloom and FoxFarm are the 2 big nutes where I live and I had no luck with the F.F. Ive heard some great stuff about advanced nutrient products, so I wanted to give them a shot next. I really just want like (ideally,) a 2-part nutrient line for veg and flowering, and a good soil mix to give them the minerals and trace elements they will need.

I noticed a few of my girls started developing pistils, any objections to them going another week or so thru veg? I just want these girls to have a real, nice, low-to-ground, bush base when they go into flowering. Im gonna try a rigged up ScRog after i switch to 12-12 and see where that takes my yield

Thank you CannaVince, for checking out my journal. I will post more pictures as developments procure, and Im definitely going to jump on that Cal/Mag! Sorry I wrote you a short novel, but I'm in it to win it this time!:Namaste:

Hey SC....yah the cal/mag is even at the local hD or lowes or walmrt....I would let them go another week then...don't forget the stretch.....they might not need another week...Also if you are having problems with getting nutes then you need to hit BPN...blue planet nutrients.....here on this website and email Corey my man....he would love to send you nutes and sponsor you grow I'm sure of it.....you'll find his thread by looking through this amazing site....goodluck my man..:peace:

...Also if you are having problems with getting nutes then you need to hit BPN...blue planet nutrients.....here on this website and email Corey my man....he would love to send you nutes and sponsor you grow I'm sure of it.....you'll find his thread by looking through this amazing site....goodluck my man..:peace:

I see those BluePlanetNutrient tags all over the place but wasn't really sure what it was all about. You say its some good stuff? I just checked out their product line, looks like for soil they have a 3-part and a more involved 7- part. The 3 part is a veg/bloom/and micro. do u know what the micro part means?

Yeah within the week I'll have to order at least that 3- part line up. The 7-part is actually the best value, but quite frankly I dont even know what the other half of stuff does. And you also said something about a guy named Corey, who sponsors people? would you be able to elaborate on that somewhat? The more I get involved on this site the more I feel like Neo in the Matrix haha. Would the sponsor thing have any "drawbacks" :winkyface: if you get what I mean. I would Private Message but my posts aren't up yet lol

Thanks again, S.C out..

St

Wow my post F'd up....anyways.......stoneDeeezie .......look under our sponsors thread and for Blue Planet Nutrients....respond to the tread and Corey..( the procurer of BPN) will email you with all the infor for him or (BpN) to sponsor your grow...( with nutes )... Provided you use them on your grow.....you dig?..... He's probably this months ....Member of the month.......too.....yah :peace:

Ok S.C here with update #2 so far; I am continuing to work on my flowering room. I picked up a couple emergency blankets from Wal-mart for about $3 each and they look like they're going to work great for a temporary fix till my grow tent arrives. I still haven't quite gotten the ventilation figured out, but I'm sure that will be much easier once I have the dimensions set up and have something to work with. For now, heres some pics of the girls :)
17124.jpg
22139.jpg
18117.jpg
2076.jpg
23121.jpg
25108.jpg
26104.jpg
19109.jpg
16129.jpg
15131.jpg
14149.jpg
12225.jpg
13165.jpg
7369.jpg
11430.jpg
8285.jpg
9219.jpg
11429.jpg
3899.jpg
21017.jpg
10188.jpg
4626.jpg
5476.jpg
6407.jpg

i've never read on any of the forums with their being a limit on how many pics you can post at a time. if there is, I apologize and was not aware. Just trying to give as much detail to the viewer as possible. More to come! S.C out!!! ...-.-...

Hey whats up guys, StonedyCreek here giving you a little update on the girls. In another couple days I will definitely be switching to flowering. 3 of 5 have shown pistils while the other 2 are either slow developers.. or males :( I'm a little sketchy about leaving them around.. last grow I had some premature seeds being developed and couldn't figure out how. I Literally never had a single male in the group, I can only speculate 1 was a hermaphrodite. The temporary flowering room is ready, however I need to get a grow tent asap. conditions really suck here weather wise, and I need something that can be closely monitored, as well as controlled. I should also say that through my personal experiences, it is best to start your grow in LARGE pots. The three plants I have in slightly larger pots are thriving considerably, while the 2 in smaller pots are taking on the more lanky look. So for the wise, give the girls some leg room!

Also, I would like to thank :adore: who recommended Blue Planet Nutrients. Not only is Corey helpful and dedicated to making happy customers, he even went as far as to sponsor my next grow. What a great guy, you really need to check out his site sometime, show him some love..:love:

One last thing,(and i hope this isn't a flag for off topic) but I was just wondering how people on this forum feel about their privacy? Does anyone have concerns for police monitoring your computer habits e.g; photo uploads, purchases,etc.? I'm not one to be paranoid, especially when I haven't done anything wrong; but I was just watching on the History Channel and they were saying the Founder of harbor side medical; still has concerns of being arrested on a daily basis. So it got me thinking.. if he's worried, shouldn't I be? Then I started looking into more cases, where medical patients were arrested while having their legal perscriptions! Just wanted some thoughts on this crazy world while we wait for a worthy photo update. thanks for checking the page fell'ers! S.C out!! ...-.-...

O.k S.C back here and finally got some good news!! I tend to work seasonal jobs because of the employment offered in my area, and just landed a sweet winter gig. That took a lot of stress off my shoulders so now I can focus on my pride and joy.:morenutes:

So I Got my 400 rigged up :) Before putting my plants into flowering I will be switching into considerably larger pots. Anywhere between 2-5 gal. depending on what I got. I would also like to incorporate a heavy perlite/vermiculite blend into my happy frog before I take off with these girls. They will also be introduced to a makeshift scrog net about a week or two into flowering. Gotta put together a shoppings list real quick :) Ahh, the time has come!!! Pics & stats tonight !! S.C out! ..-.-..

AND DONT FORGET, THIS IS MORE SO MY FIRST PRACTICE GROW JOURNAL TO GET USED TO THIS FORUM. I WILL BE RUNNING A SPONSORED GROW BY BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS IN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS; WITH FEMINIZED MASTER KUSH, AND FEMINIZED MAUI WAUI USING BPN'S FARMER'S PRIDE 7-PIECE ORGANIC LINEUP. STAY TUNED FELL'ERS!

Sorry about the delay (although I doubt I let down TOO many people :scratchinghead:. Got hit with some early snow and had to postpone going out for supplies. I got a huge bag of Perilite for $4 and another vermiculite substitute for less than $3 right at the local home D. i have closer to a 60/20/20 mix going on and the plants are now going into flowering.

They seem to be responding very well to the change both transplanting and the new spectrum of light (400hps). The area I am using is larger than I would like for the size light, however the emergency blankets are too flimsy too use with a fan blowing them around. Hopefully this tent comes soon. I also went with a 4x2 rather a 3x3. schematically, it made more sense. I can always add cfl's to improve corner lighting. Pics coming up shortly.

Here are those pics.. It may look like the perlite composition isn't there, but I covered the top inch with an orchid mulch/ vermiculite substitute that keeps your roots from drying out if left unattended. Kind of a precaution since I have not seen the strength of HID before. There is a very rich mix of perlite in the soil. Enjoy :)
112211174121.jpg
112211174105.jpg
112211174055.jpg
112211172425.jpg
112211172411.jpg
010580190348.jpg
010580190226.jpg
010580190256.jpg
010580190203.jpg
010580190132.jpg

The organic pesticide was a little on the pricey side ($12) but it sounds like it covers a lot of different mold, insects, and annoyances that I may encounter. 2 applications a month, and it prevents any insect, larvae, or black spot mold; from developing.

The orchid potting mix was a last resort choice. I would not have bought it if I could find the vermiculite but it seems to be working o.k. Updates will follow, thanks everyone. S.C out! ...-.-...

Hey whats up s.c here with a little update. Girls are getting much fatter. Very wide out, there growing so wide I might unclip them from the lst and let them shoot up a little bit . .Gonna play it out for now. seems like the new growth is yellowing but doesn't seem to be affecting development. I'll get some real answers after I pick up a ph tester and possibly some cal/mag .. for now I gotta ride it out.. happy holidays folks.

lookin good sc... i see some healthy plants over there... im just about to flip to 12/12 myself, just got my HPS bulb yest... calmag def is common, a good one to keep on the shelf... and im growin with Blue Planet N as well... cant say enough good things, ive been usin 3part elite an iits makin a jungle in my room...

Thanks bro, Im actually kind of ticked off about this cal/mag prob ; the coloring is still fading from dark green to yellow and so far I've gone out on 3 seperate occasions looking for Cal/mag and keep coming back empty handed. Lowes, Home D, Walmart, Sears... nothing. I even went to the 2 local garden supply shops, and the best thing they could reccomend was Jack's classic nute's.. which has a high nitrogen level. I figured it was better than nothing, but I cant believe how much trouble I'm going through trying to find this. I'm really trying to avoid any more online purchases you know? I feel like the next ups driver is gonna act like he wants a signature and then give me a.. "freeze scumbag-- police!!"

You got some gnarly strains there dude, your gonna have a rainbow of nuggets by the time your done. I'm about to head over and check out your journal. how do you like that DWC setup, is it tricky at all? I'm still on that old school shit where seeds go in dirt but I'm sure I'll experiment sooner or later. As for that BPN, I cant wait. I was'nt sure if I should use it on this grow since I havent added any thus far, but all I hear is good things and that the nutes are real easy on plants. thanks for leaving some feedback Jjames, I appreciate it :peace:

You can use dolomite lime for cal/mag in soil. Should be able to find that at all the places you went too. Also epsom salts is used for calcium def. Can't remember what the common mag alternative is but i'll look it up for ya.

Forsure, yea I got lucky when I was lookin for clones I just kinda stumbled across this guy whos got alot of good strains, well see how good when im done. This is my first grow so I just decided to go straight to hydro, the dwc is kinda tricky, but it gives me a challrnge and I think im gettn the just of it

KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) is what I try n,tell myself this first time around...

I got some CalMag powder from Corey @BPN, works good, ask him about it if your order didnt go out yet maybe he can get you setup

You can use dolomite lime for cal/mag in soil. Should be able to find that at all the places you went too. Also epsom salts is used for calcium def. Can't remember what the common mag alternative is but i'll look it up for ya.

thanks bud I think tomorrow I'm going on a mission to get it at any costs. I definetely saw the lime at home D, wish I knew it would work for what I was looking for.. and as for that salt, what kinda ratio would you put to a gallon.. 50:1 ? I would hate to wreck my girls because I overseasoned them lol. Thanks for your help I'm going to get right on it. Any suggestions for a good ph/ppm meter?

Back
Top Bottom