StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil Grow - 400w -Take 2 - Nov. 2011

Re: StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil grow- 400w-Take 2/ Nov.2011

Forsure, yea I got lucky when I was lookin for clones I just kinda stumbled across this guy whos got alot of good strains, well see how good when im done. This is my first grow so I just decided to go straight to hydro, the dwc is kinda tricky, but it gives me a challrnge and I think im gettn the just of it

KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) is what I try n,tell myself this first time around...

I got some CalMag powder from Corey @BPN, works good, ask him about it if your order didnt go out yet maybe he can get you setup

Dang J, my nutes are passing somewhere through Ohio right now, so unless Corey's a superhero ninja (which is very possible) Im S.O.L on that one. I really want Cal-mag Plus from botanicar.. but Im trying to easy up on the credit card till I get thru the holidays. It just sucks because I know I need this as well a ph meter and it's looking like the only way to get a good one of either is ordering online. :thanks: keep up the goodwork with that DWC, you ever turn that light around for a wider spectrum?
..S.C..

Got another update for you fellers out there. Still waiting on the blue planet nutrients but it should be coming sometime near the 29th. After that I will begin my 2nd journal specifically for BPN with feminised Master Kush, and Feminised Maui Waui.

Now back to this grow... :yummy: I recently had a little yellowing problem with new growth as well as a little bit of leaf curling.. which I am happy to say is NOW ENDING. I got some Nutrient Supplement with a high Nitrogen level, and within 24 hours I can already see a considerable amount of difference. Soon enough, I will have a nice digital read out ph/ppm meter as well as humidity/temp readout. I also have a bottle of Cal_mag plus by Botanicare.. on the way. Here are some pictures of when the yellowing was at its worst. They are growing quite fast at this point.

112611141138.jpg
112611141215.jpg
112611141313.jpg
112611141034.jpg
112611141048.jpg
112611141208.jpg
112611141300.jpg
112611141233.jpg
112611141152.jpg

The last two pictures are to show : 1) how I am training these plants. I use metal skewers I can bend to work as I need. And 2) Is a picture of the plant with the most damages from this nitrogen deficiency. It shows wilting leaf tips, slight yellowing, and the development of unhealthy leaves (3leaves). Hopefully I have this problem under control with the new nutrition and instruments I have bought..

..S.C.....-.-...

The last two pictures are to show : 1) how I am training these plants. I use metal skewers I can bend to work as I need. And 2) Is a picture of the plant with the most damages from this nitrogen deficiency. It shows wilting leaf tips, slight yellowing, and the development of unhealthy leaves (3leaves). Hopefully I have this problem under control with the new nutrition and instruments I have bought..

..S.C.....-.-...

sounds good, i think you got a good plan in motion...:thumb:
and guess whos PH meter went out right in the middle of flush tonite!? thaats rite... i had some liquid test for back up thank goodness... adds up quick dont it?? now tomoro new PH meter in addition to some CFLs for the sides and pvc frame for mylar/screen...

an yea i did try an turn my light 90* but the footprint seemed the same... plus the hood is carbon filter/inline fan/duct ready which will come soon now that im flowering as of today...

thats enough about me... sorry to hijack your thread...

your girls are lookin good tho... your new tools will make it easier also...:high-five:

sounds good, i think you got a good plan in motion...:thumb:
and guess whos PH meter went out right in the middle of flush tonite!? thaats rite... i had some liquid test for back up thank goodness... adds up quick dont it?? now tomoro new PH meter in addition to some CFLs for the sides and pvc frame for mylar/screen...

an yea i did try an turn my light 90* but the footprint seemed the same... plus the hood is carbon filter/inline fan/duct ready which will come soon now that im flowering as of today...

thats enough about me... sorry to hijack your thread...

your girls are lookin good tho... your new tools will make it easier also...:high-five:

Ah no prob J, thanks dude I'm sorry to hear about that meter though.. I sure hope I didn't put a voodoo on your tester lol.

so your gonna make your scrog wit pvc huh? Sounds like it would be a solid construction. If I had some laying around I might give that a try. I'm taking your advice and doing some massive research. I'm not so sure that leaf curling is the same as a Nitrogen deficiency so I'm gonna try and find a detailed list of plant ailments. If i find a good one I will forward it to you. As for that scrog , what are your plans for the screen part? Im worried chicken wire might be alittle small for plants to grow through, so I might just make like a custom screen out of metal wire.

Also, I've come to find emergency blankets that are in almost any first-aid kit you find.. will work as a good substitute for mylar.. at a price thats unbeatable.

thanks bud I think tomorrow I'm going on a mission to get it at any costs. I definetely saw the lime at home D, wish I knew it would work for what I was looking for.. and as for that salt, what kinda ratio would you put to a gallon.. 50:1 ? I would hate to wreck my girls because I overseasoned them lol. Thanks for your help I'm going to get right on it. Any suggestions for a good ph/ppm meter?
The dolomite lime has calcium and magnesium in it, so if you can find that you won't need anything else.

yea its hella cheap at HD(pvc), comin down to the wire on what the actual screen will be, i was thinkin about modifying some chicken wire by takin some wire cutters an clipping out some until i get 2x2in squares, my girl wants to use this twine we have n 'weave' our own, or they sell gardeners netting too which is 2x2 or 3x3 squares i think, its plastic, which ever is cheapest i think will win. and yes i found some mylar emergency blankets at Wmart on the cheap too.

yea throw up a link to anything good/helpful... ill send you a PM with a link of this printout that have, its pretty good to have on hand ive used it a few times...

The dolomite lime has calcium and magnesium in it, so if you can find that you won't need anything else.

Thanks BB I actually got some epic news. I was meeting my friend at the airport, and was considerably early, so I went to get some food at this sub shop.. and I found..a TINY, TINY, TINY, hydroponics shop. I mean like the size of a garage. BUT PACKED. with every little thing, I've ever wanted. it almost made me sick to see all the things I've been looking for in such a well organized, small space. and at good prices too. Advanced Nutrients, the whole bud candy line, clonex, hydrotone, ph meters, digital ballasts, FFOF soil, happy frog, biobizz, sensi grow.. you name it, and it was there. So I picked up a super small bottle of cal-mag ( like the size of a milk carton, since I already ordered some) and made sure to grab a card on the way out. Its quite a ride out of the way for me. but it will definetely be my 1-stop shop of all future resources.

I figured since I got the cal-mag I should have the problem under control, but if you think the dolomite lime is good to have in the soil regardless, i will put it on the list for my next visit down there. What would be a good ph to keep the soil at? I've been told between 5.5-6.0 is ideal for nute absorption, but i'm always open to second opinions. and once I figure out what my ph balance is.. what should I adjust it with. I was told 1tsp vinegar:gallon to get lower ph, and the addition of peat moss and egg/oyster shells to go up.

:thanks: BB, its good getting a couple good opinions on the matter. I'm starting to think I underestimated the quality of the FFOF soil I used on my first grow.. I never had this problem before.. and the leaves were HUGE on my first grow, like the size of computer paper, instead of the size of post-its. I'm hoping this isn't a reflection of my yield (although I'm worried it is) since this time Im using an HPS instead of shitty floro's. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it's just slower development since I put a lot of effort into topping/lst'ing.. thanks again

yea its hella cheap at HD(pvc), comin down to the wire on what the actual screen will be, i was thinkin about modifying some chicken wire by takin some wire cutters an clipping out some until i get 2x2in squares, my girl wants to use this twine we have n 'weave' our own, or they sell gardeners netting too which is 2x2 or 3x3 squares i think, its plastic, which ever is cheapest i think will win. and yes i found some mylar emergency blankets at Wmart on the cheap too.

yea throw up a link to anything good/helpful... ill send you a PM with a link of this printout that have, its pretty good to have on hand ive used it a few times...

Thats a pretty good idea with clipping up that chicken wire into 2x2 squares.. its gonna be hard to beat that when it comes to price. I tried getting that link that you p-m'd me but when I clicked on it, I got wicked popups and then 420mag sensored out the actual website so I could'nt look it up. thanks tho I appreciate you lookin out. I went onto the HTGM (how to grow mar..) tab and there were some pretty good articles on different ailments and their causes, as well as ph related topics. It was a good place to start. :thanks: brother, good luck on the 12/12 switch.. you going with the 36hr darkness like yardogg said? I wish I did it myself I bet it really helps with the light change.

So I had some disappointing news last night. I ordered a grow tent probably 2-3 weeks ago and although I was a little concerned I never saw this one coming. I received an email last night from the company confirming its shipment to my house. Well, I still have no tent, so something went wrong. My order was not delivered to my address. Customer support was useless, so I called my credit card and ordered a cease payment which thankfully was easy enough to do. I am very disappointed that this company did not make a better effort to satisfy the customer.

So out of despair came a mild achievement. With some simple scraps around the house (and a good roll of ductape), I made a makeshift grow tent. It's only downfall is the ceiling is not covered which allows some light to escape, but more importantly, any excess heat or humidity may also escape. I do believe my new growtent is achieving a much better use of its light spectrum; since the walls are now confining.. while maintaining a cool temperature. I am very happy with the results and will post pictures of this build later today. I believe I am nearing the 1 week mark of flowering.

I even managed to custom-fit an inline fan into one of the grow tent walls :) not too bad if I may so myself.

how much water\feed do you give the plant in the big pot?

The more important thing here is not how much nutrient or water, but how consistent. I like to water every 3 days because the entire third day, I know those pots are dry and my girls are getting thirsty. They need to beathe in between heavy feedings of nutrients (how many pizzas can you eat in a row, you know?) And if the dosages are the same amount (even if they are mild) it would be better than sporadic amounts of nutes that is going to give your plant shock or disease.

I would say between my 5 girls I use 1 1/2 gal. of coldER water (60-65*) with 1/2 tsp of a 20-20-20 allpurpose nute per gallon. Every 3 days. This is also just a temporary nutrient solution to help stabilize these plants after a stressful transplant. I dont differ the amount of water by the size of pot, I give a good soaking every third day and let the drippings collect in a reservoir.:thumb:

here are the grow room pics. It's really working some wonders. As of today, they have been flowering just short of a week (5-6 days) The footprint is less than 3 feet wide and no more than 3' long. more than enough room for someone with personal use in mind.:peace: I feel since adding the additional wall to contain my grow space(even if it is a piece of carboard wrapped in mylar), and the addition of 2 mylar blankets, light absorption has gone up at least 20%, and without trapping any humidity. Enjoy :)

Closet_ext_1.jpg
Photo02642.jpg
Photo02612.jpg
Photo02661.jpg
Photo0265.jpg
Photo02672.jpg
Photo02682.jpg
Photo02691.jpg

I wanted to take a pic of the Fox Farm in case anyone is using or is interested in this product. I have heard many people swear by this lineup but I must say I was very dissapointed. Miracle grow Flower Booster was 3x more effective during the flowering stage and I paid less than 6 dollars for enough to last several grows. It was also more user friendly, witha simple-- fill 1 scoop, add to 1 gallon. The FFOF lineup was $60 in a trio pack, and I never saw any noticeable growth. In fact, sometimes it seemed more so to SLOW growth and development, although coloring was a rich lush green, and this observation was noticed by all peers involved with grow. I will say, in FF's defense, that I did not test soil or water before using.. which could have been a problem for absorption.. however, it has not been a problem for any other products I have. Ph/ppm tester coming in 3 days, BPN nutes should arrive today or tomorrow.

I have also come to find out that a painful disorder I have known as TMJ, which occurs when the mandobulin joints in your jaw break or deteriate; can be supressed through the medicinal use of cannabis. Specifically, there are the two very small bones on either side of your jaw that control the up and down "chewing motion". These can break very easily and early signs are a "clicking" when you open your mouth, or more severe; the locking of your jaw in between chewing motion-- which s my.. very unfortunate standing. Although smoking cannabis is significantly helpful in supression of SLJ (spastic Lock Jaw), the real miracle is found in the cannabis extract, which in the form of oil, can be applied topically to the jaw area and provide hours of comfort to an area usually throbbing with pain. I apply twice per day and I can enjoy things I once took for granted. I truly hope our great nation will learn to appreciate the medical benefits of this plant, rather than view it as a deadly narcotic that is ranked with heroin.

S.C out..

yea thts complete bs that its scheduled in the same class as some serious shit... looks like your addition is pretty solid... good luck i think itll be beneficial for you...

It's just all about the money these days. How is a pharmaceutical company going to make money when the synthetic crap there stuffing down your throat works half as good as the plant in your backyard?

My buddy's has very bad limes disease and the only medicine that helps him, cost 3 dollars. yes. 3 dollars. Unfortunately, he has to spend HUNDREDS. To leave THIS COUNTRY so he can go overseas to a doctor that wont charge him thousands for medical treatment. The worst part is that the medicine is illegal to import. Anyone who sees this should check it out; its true and sickening. The medicine is literally yeast and anti-inflammatory's/ neuro relief.. which I guess is too un-proffitable for our multi-trillion dollar healthcare providers. Another a lighter note....

I am Just giggling like a little girl now that my BPN is here :circle-of-love: smells like THE SHIT:thanks:. no pun intended lol i'm debating whether or not I should use any of these nutes for this grow since its already half way over. either way I'm going to do a start-to-finish with some fem. seeds for this BPN sponsor, ill get those germinated by the end of the week. Thank you again Corey for your support, I'll let you know how it turns out!!

S.C.....-.-....

***Quick Update*** Very noticeable growth has taken place within the last 24hrs. Many shoots have developed into "branches" reaching up towards the light and pulling the metal stakes right out of the ground. I think running my fan 24hrs a day has made a huge difference with strength and limiting stress. Also the new grow-makeshift-cardboard-tent is working some WONDERS. I feel like the noticeable growth spurt during flowering has just begun. I also think I will pass on using BPN for the rest of this grow, simply for comparison purposes. more to come soon.

S.C..

im in brotha lookin fantastic

im in brotha lookin fantastic

Thanks PBM :high-five: This is my third grow so I'm slowly honing in my green thumb. Some of the trunks on these girls are as thick as a bic lighter so I'm hoping for a hefty yield. I spent a lot of time training them (most of their veg cycle) to be short bushes. I'm looking to fit a ScRog Net within the next 2 weeks before flowers emerge. Glad to have you on board PBM, I'm going to pop over to your grow and check it out :)

And Ps- I dig the guitar/ maryJ tag you got at the bottom of your signature. How long you been jamming? I got a few acoustics and haven't stepped up to electric yet, but its a great hobby and I teach myself a new song almost every time I pick it up. getting stoned and make sweet music, does it get any better?

Back
Top Bottom