StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil Grow - 400w -Take 2 - Nov. 2011

Scrog33.jpg
Scrog23.jpg
Scrog15.jpg

If you remove leaves under the canopy, yes l guess lollipopping, the plant won't waste energy toward a lost cause, and it will direct more energy to the budsites above the screen, giving you larger denser buds than you would have had otherwise. It's really a mostly net-gain situation. If you don't, the stuff below the screen will be pretty worthless and take away bud building resources from the good bud up top. If that makes sense!

As far as the Scrog covering the whole area, the goal is really just to maintain an even canopy that gets an even amount of light. It can be done with no screen at all, utilizing string and twisty ties for example. You want to take the grow tips that are reaching the highest and bring them back down to the level (or below) that of the other grow tips.

The plant senses the change and resistance to upward growth in the affected grow tip and directs more energy to the other grow tips. It becomes a game of manipulation almost like one of those games where you smack the weasel with the mallet at the arcade... The end result is an even canopy, loaded with bud-sites, that you can provide optimum even light to. The screen is a great tool to make this process easier... but, not essential to accomplishing the goal. I think your SCROG solution is brilliant, and should work just fine. Nice job, and +rep for going for it! :)

When you get a minute, peruse this thread by 4twenty4all, it's a great example of a scrog well-done. You might have to get a few pages in for info on the scrog set-up, but it should be worthwhile. He is a great grower and is in the midst of a beautiful textbook SCROG. Here's a link:

4twenty4all's New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains 2011

If you find it useful, give him a bump for the Member of the Month contest, which he is competing in this month. ;)

looks good man... you got the right idea goin... now its about maintaining it thouroughly, like x said, just gotta keep an even canopy of tops and that should give you multiple tops as the plant will try to shoot up higher.

from what ive read, ive seen ppl trimming up the bottom third of the plant completely. make sure and have good air circulation under there too, as well as the top, but underneath is conducive to mold...

dig= digital meter, sorry, just bein lazy...

and that chart x posted here is the exact one i was talkin about too... good stuff

The plant senses the change and resistance to upward growth in the affected grow tip and directs more energy to the other grow tips. It becomes a game of manipulation almost like one of those games where you smack the weasel with the mallet at the arcade... The end result is an even canopy, loaded with bud-sites, that you can provide optimum even light to. The screen is a great tool to make this process easier... but, not essential to accomplishing the goal. I think your SCROG solution is brilliant, and should work just fine. Nice job, and +rep for going for it! :)

Thanks X I think I am going to wait until the canopy evens out a little above the scrog before I do any serious trimming. I thinned out some of the bulkier yellowing spots and supercropped a few branches. I'm starting to think that could have been a bad idea since it might stunt the growth spurt.

Got some flower shots coming up in a bit , and I'm going to check out that link as well.

... and my bad, i had forgot that you removed some males yes? about my post before, it looks like you had 5 or 6 in there! its good for you that i made that mistake! ha! a jungle no doubt to come... stick with that scrog, i think youll like it...(my exp comes from pics only, but still...):peace:

Yep had to pull out 2 males and I'm starting to think that was a blessing in disguise. I have very little room to work with as it is and it seems like the plant matter is growing perfectly through the gate, anything that has any trouble.. I just take my wire snips and clip the plastic fencing out. Im curious as to what extent I should be helping out the plant get thru the scrog. Some spots it seems like its necessarry for me to make extra room but I'm thinking the more naturally I let them grow thru, the better.

Here are those pictures of the Scrog, Im going to post an old pic (like 2-4 days old) of the scrog and then one I took this morning of the flowers and how it is growing thru well.. Lots of yellow flower sites emerging and thick cluster of hairs along the nodes. Camera quality not best. I think I figured a way to get the auto focus to change so i can zoom in better, but the light in the tent also makes it hard.

i love that scrog set up, thats fucking great! :thumb:

i love that scrog set up, thats fucking great! :thumb:

:thanks:

You da man PBM!! It's funny cuz I was thinking of ways I could make a scrog without going and buying a net.. and after tripping over that stupid gate like 3 times; it finally hit me that I could just butcher the hell out of it.

..... just wait till you see these next pics I post. It's almost hard to see the gate at this point. Im going to try raising the net with the canopy as it grows and clear out the undergrowth.. after I take some HQ pics

:high-five: Thanks again bro, appreciate the positive feedback :peace:

yeaman, get under there and clear out that undrgrowth area asap! its not gonna be beneficial its not gettn any light. clear that stuff out and the watch all the power in those plants head straight for that canopy/net. the idea is to keep all the tops even with eachother so each top is tryin to be king of the net/plant/canopy, theyll all be fightin for that top spot, youve gotta keep em in check! busy busy busy!!!
also make sure you have sufficient air moving under that canopy, get it its own little osc. desk fan or somethin.
that is a good idea tho i like how you hung it down. way to think outside the box.

yeaman, get under there and clear out that undrgrowth area asap! its not gonna be beneficial its not gettn any light. clear that stuff out and the watch all the power in those plants head straight for that canopy/net. the idea is to keep all the tops even with eachother so each top is tryin to be king of the net/plant/canopy, theyll all be fightin for that top spot, youve gotta keep em in check! busy busy busy!!!
also make sure you have sufficient air moving under that canopy, get it its own little osc. desk fan or somethin.
that is a good idea tho i like how you hung it down. way to think outside the box.

Yo buddy how you been? I gotta get an update going to give you and idea of what I'm dealing with now its crazy. This scrog is a little trickier than I thought. The growth started moving so fast it kind of shot up through wherever it wanted. Its coming a long pretty good though, definetely a learning process.

I'm having a majorly hard time trimming out the bottom of these plants. I know that I should but I just dont want to cut out any growth that might make it to the top. I trimmed out a massive amount of fan leaves.. maybe too much its got me a little worried. And im busting out some wicked super cropping that once the branch heals (you literally have to pinch-n-snap branches), the spot that was broken turns into a rock hard knuckle that supports some thriving growth. I want to trim out the bottoms, I do.. but if I cut off even 1 bud spot that SHOULDNT have been cut off, Im gonna feel like an idiot.

Thanks for keepin current J. :thanks: I'll post some pics later today

S.C

Ok SC here bringing you a long awaited update on the grow. Im sorry its taking me so long to get pictures up I still wont have them till tomorrow morning since were now in the night cycle of the flowering room, and I still havent figured out why my camera phone wont save the pictures I am taking.

For your imaginations sake, I will give you a brief description. Immense, thick, canopy with many flower spots. You can hardly see the scrog net anymore. massive pistil development and the beginnings of an incredibly sweet pineapple-sugary-stick aroma. Supercropping in full effect making some "hard to stomach" breaks in these branches.. but its paying off. The broken branch grows back into a knot 2-3x the size of the original stem, emphasizing an increase in weight capacity of budding flowers. Leaves are starting to frost up very nice as well. Pics up hopefully tomorrow morning. thanks for your patience guys, happy holidays ..

S.C

dudes I have no idea whats going on with this upload photos shit but this is like the 5th time in a row I tried and 420mag wont finish loading the pictures I try posting.

Basically, I go into my gallery to upload photos, select the photos I want, and when I get to the "begin upload" part... it uploads INCREDIBLY SLOW.. like 45 mins to get like 30% uploaded.. and then freezes. I know its not my computer, because I just got a new one for christmas. Im trying to keep this journal current and interesting, but so far i am having a hard time.. sorry everyone for the continued delays. I'm gonna keep trying ...
S.C

its taken me a bout a week to get those pictures uploaded so i hope you guys enjoy em. Im gonna go work on uploading the pictures for my BPN grow. Theres a picture of my scrog with one section of the canopy much lower than the rest. any suggestions on how to get her to catch up with my other two girls? Ive already broken the other 2 a couple time (supercropping) and a little bit of tie downs. we still got a ways to go into floweirng but shes coming along mighty fine.

How many time did you top your plants?

I think only twice and thats why they all have that "Double T shape" Topped em real young, then LST and supercropped into maturity... still supercropping till maybe 2-3 wks before harvest

Back
Top Bottom