GreenChromes First Grow, Bag Seed Kush, Soil, Flourescents Only - 2010-2011

Re: GreenChromes first grow, Bagseed Kush, Soil, Flourescents only. 2010-2011

Glade its coming back,hate to see them sick, your effort is paying off.
br

Thanks braynes!

I have a new question. As some of you may remember, the Kush had started flowering before I put it in the room. It has reverted back to veg and is bushing out, but the leaves are not fan leaves. They are ovalish looking ses of 3 leaves that are jetting out from the main stalk. The question is, should I trim these off? are they usefull?

I would leave them for now at least, they are providing energy to the plant and removing them will add stress ,as you are revering the added stress will add time to recover.
br

How long does reveging typically take? The flowers have gone away on the Kush, but the growing tips are puting out new deformed leaves. I took some pictures earlier and will have them up later today.
As for the other plants, the nutes not only solve the yellowing leaves problem, but it also let them explode with growth. I am having to raise the lights an inch every day, and they are really filling up the area. I was thinking of switching them to flower when they hit 18 inches, which at this rate would be about week away.
Also, I took some cuttings last night to get a feel for cloning, I followed some of the methods found on this site. I did not do the cuts underwater, but probably will next time. When these big plants go into flowering, I plan on taking my clones on the same day for the next batch. This will allow me to grow them out a bit as the others are finishing flowering. Thinking about that, I figured I better get some exerience with the process now. For about a day and a half in the dome they are mostly all looking good. A few have wilted, but I had a feling they were too small when I took them. Now I know for sure.
Anyway, thanks again for all of the help and advice!

Here are the new pics!

The Garden
wedds_dec_7_001.JPG

wedds_dec_7_002.JPG

Master Kush
wedds_dec_7_003.JPG

The odd leaves, What should I do about these and the one leaf growing tips?
wedds_dec_7_004.JPG

wedds_dec_7_005.JPG

So I am thinking that I will switch to flowering when they hit the 18 inch mark. I have them all in 3 gallon Smart pots, not much room for anything larger. If they double in size when flowering, than I should hit 1 gallon of pot (haha) per foot of plant. Im at about 15 inches now, and they always explode with growth for a few days after I add nutes. So I am thinking 3 more inches in the next 5 days, and switching them on the 15th while taking clones that day as well. How does this sound to all of you experienced grower out there?

GreenChromes I think your clones look nice I'm working with a small area as well and things went crazy when I went to 12/12. I want to see how your area turns out on this one looks interesting.:popcorn:

Today is there first day in flowering!!! I snipped some more clones last night and switched the big girls over. Lots of pics were taken, but I will only put up a few of the better ones. I entered the big bushy beachball Chiesel into the plant of the month contest... not expecting to win but I am still proud of her (Take a look at the thread and vote for someone or enter, its pretty cool). Anyway, here are the pics.
P101001710.JPG

IMG_50482.JPG

P101000412.JPG

IMG_5045.JPG

So I trimmed a few leaves to rehydrate my stash. I got a few from each plant, all ones that were blocking lower growing tips. Any advice for the flowering stage would be appreciated!

So I trimmed a few leaves to rehydrate my stash. I got a few from each plant, all ones that were blocking lower growing tips. Any advice for the flowering stage would be appreciated!

What kinda advice are you looking for?

PBRMJ- I guess the things I wouldnt think to ask about. Little tricks that are picked up from experience... How about additional nutes for bud growth? Does anyone use these with positive results?

j4s2u0- Thanks, I feel that I am doing ok. I am trying to take care of them as they need it, rather than off of some schedule. They grew another inch or so a day for the last couple days since I switched the lights.

I am going to start flowering nutes in a couple days, at the next watering.

This 420 community is great, I am glad I started my journal here. Now who wants to smoke a bowl?

Go for it! Post those pics, I wont get mad! I dont get why some people get so nasty about people posting pics in other people threads, it's a community!

So my first round of cloning was a success. On day 7- 3 0f 9 rooted. Day 9- 5 of 9, Day 12- 8 of 9. The last one is showing signs of rooting, but is the weakest link and may be voted off the island (thrown away) lol. I started another 9 the day before these went into flowering, no roots yet, but looking good. I just took the dome off so we will we see what happens now. The new ones are 4 days old.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not my small room may be too crowded? I think on the next round I will put in 6 smaller plants, and flower them well before the 18 inch mark. I guess that would be a SOG. I am hoping to get some of you experts out there to correct my mistakes, or suggest better ways to do the things hat I am doing.

Any another story for my pretend 420 Fail Blog, my short flourescent cloning lights fell on my planted clones yesterday. I had them attached by clips to a homemade reflective/ hanger system. Plastic bent from the weight a the edges where it was hanging from the chain, and the clips couldnt grasp the lights any longer. Both lights fell directly onto both rows of pots, so it looks like some of these will turn out bushy because their tops were bent. I dont mind though, I was going to do it anyway!

Hi GreenChrome. Nice looking plants. I think your tent is a bit crowded. I was in about the same situation on my first grow, and I regret putting in to many plants. Your plants will start to overlap each other and it will enhance growing upwards.

Hi GreenChrome. Nice looking plants. I think your tent is a bit crowded. I was in about the same situation on my first grow, and I regret putting in to many plants. Your plants will start to overlap each other and it will enhance growing upwards.

i agree for sure, i mean if you have a bit of height to work with instead of your width and such you will most likely be fine. It wouldn't hurt either to just sog your whole area, which it looks like you have pretty much already done. Just watch your bottom leaves for them to be dieing off little by little and trim them off, this way your going to produce big main colas and nice tops on your lateral branches as well, creating a sea of green heehee

Thanks for the replies! I will certainly keep an eye out for dying leaves on the bottom. I did not think the plants would do so well being that I am a first timer. Should I do anything about it being to crowded or just go with it, and change some things for next time. I have about another 3 feet of vertical space so if they grow taller and not wider I should be good. I think they have started that already though.

BTW, the gnat problem is no longer a problem. Those bastards are all dead!

Back
Top Bottom