Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

PICTURE UPDATE!

ok so we installed the new thermostat. we hung it with jack chain right near the canopy of the plants so it gets a good reading of the temperature. we have it set for 80*F so if it goes over 80* it will kick on the 6'' inline fan and the 2 6'' booster fans. seems to be working good pretty excited about it. on the other hand the plants look pretty good, one of them (Plant #1/Left side) is looking a little pale, its not as lush green as the other plant im not sure if it is lacking a nutrient or something because we havent fed them much nutrients while they have been in flower. but plant #2 looks 100% healthy very lush green and it has pretty much caught up in height compared to plant #1 and i almost feel like the buds are more dense on it as well. It should be noted that we have a cfl pointed directly at plant #2 and the other plant does not, also the HPS is facing plant #2 so maybe it is gettin more light than the other one. the only thing i can think to fix this is to put another HPS in. We obviously wont do that till the next batch but does any one have any ideas why plant #1 could be pale and looking a little sick?, the leaves are kinda pointed down, not extremely but it is noticeable with the other plant next to it looking completely healthy.

other than that here are some pics taken with a better camera than usual!

Plant #1 on left / Plant #2 on right
IMG_018121.JPG

Plant #2
IMG_018218.JPG

Main Cola from plant #1
IMG_017817.JPG

Random Pics

IMG_018016.JPG
IMG_017917.JPG
IMG_017716.JPG
IMG_017621.JPG
IMG_017516.JPG
IMG_017417.JPG

Thanks to every one who has been checkin up on me!

ok well i was just browsing the forums and seems like that pale color is normal towards the end of the life cycle and seeing how we only got about 15 days left of flowering its probably natural.

another question though, should i feed the plants with one more small dose of nutrients before i flush? or do you think it is to late to harvest? i havnt been able to get my hands an a microscope yet but the hairs are still pretty white, they are just now starting to turn more noticeably brownish red but only about 25-30% have changed colors. I would like to feed it one more time just for good measures is this a bad idea?
we plan on flushing the plant on jan 5th (this thursday) and chopping it down on jan 18th

ok well i was just browsing the forums and seems like that pale color is normal towards the end of the life cycle and seeing how we only got about 15 days left of flowering its probably natural.

another question though, should i feed the plants with one more small dose of nutrients before i flush? or do you think it is to late to harvest? i havnt been able to get my hands an a microscope yet but the hairs are still pretty white, they are just now starting to turn more noticeably brownish red but only about 25-30% have changed colors. I would like to feed it one more time just for good measures is this a bad idea?
we plan on flushing the plant on jan 5th (this thursday) and chopping it down on jan 18th

I don't see any problems with the feed...since you don't have a scope...i would test one of those top half buds...might be a little harsh but you will have a idea where your potency level lies...good looking plants and looks like some serious weight...i know you are in a hurry to cut...but patience is a virtue...for real...:goodjob::welldone:

Do not use any nutrients the last week or two of flower. I did that with my Train Wreck and ended up with Stoney nugs that literally tasted like shit. Compost flavor is not a great taste so use only water or water with molasses last couple weeks. I do know a few people who will add a citrus based water like orange peels finely chopped in the water to give the bud a slight citrus taste. The flowers will soak up all the sugars they can as fast as they can so feeding a week or two before harvest is a slight no no. So before harvest rule of thumb is straight water or water with sugars such as molasses. Looking forward to smoke reports on your PPP.:Namaste:

PICTURE UPDATE!

ok so we installed the new thermostat. we hung it with jack chain right near the canopy of the plants so it gets a good reading of the temperature. we have it set for 80*F so if it goes over 80* it will kick on the 6'' inline fan and the 2 6'' booster fans. seems to be working good pretty excited about it. on the other hand the plants look pretty good, one of them (Plant #1/Left side) is looking a little pale, its not as lush green as the other plant im not sure if it is lacking a nutrient or something because we havent fed them much nutrients while they have been in flower. but plant #2 looks 100% healthy very lush green and it has pretty much caught up in height compared to plant #1 and i almost feel like the buds are more dense on it as well. It should be noted that we have a cfl pointed directly at plant #2 and the other plant does not, also the HPS is facing plant #2 so maybe it is gettin more light than the other one. the only thing i can think to fix this is to put another HPS in. We obviously wont do that till the next batch but does any one have any ideas why plant #1 could be pale and looking a little sick?, the leaves are kinda pointed down, not extremely but it is noticeable with the other plant next to it looking completely healthy.

other than that here are some pics taken with a better camera than usual!

Plant #1 on left / Plant #2 on right
IMG_018121.JPG

Plant #2
IMG_018218.JPG

Main Cola from plant #1
IMG_017817.JPG

Random Pics

IMG_018016.JPG
IMG_017917.JPG
IMG_017716.JPG
IMG_017621.JPG
IMG_017516.JPG
IMG_017417.JPG

Thanks to every one who has been checkin up on me!

i agree you have two weeks just flush the grls with the water or molasses water and you could pull the fan leaves a couple days out they will put all the energy into those buds , at this point you dont need them anymore . and yes we look like we are at the same point in our grows. im harvesting on the 20 th this month i have two more in transition now and then i got two in veg waiting to go in at week three.this will keep me a continuing cycle and no dwntym, as that is money wasted ...good job they look good

as for the color if you havent fed them yes its a nute diff. but its the nitrogen your losing this is good as the nitro, is for the growth not the flowrng stage , your rght on track

Do not use any nutrients the last week or two of flower. I did that with my Train Wreck and ended up with Stoney nugs that literally tasted like shit. Compost flavor is not a great taste so use only water or water with molasses last couple weeks. I do know a few people who will add a citrus based water like orange peels finely chopped in the water to give the bud a slight citrus taste. The flowers will soak up all the sugars they can as fast as they can so feeding a week or two before harvest is a slight no no. So before harvest rule of thumb is straight water or water with sugars such as molasses. Looking forward to smoke reports on your PPP.:Namaste:

thanks for the tip, i dont plan on feeding 2 weeks prior to harvest, thats why i said i am going to feed one more time before our 2 week mark is here. will have a detailed smoke report when cured! thanks for stoppin by!

i agree you have two weeks just flush the grls with the water or molasses water and you could pull the fan leaves a couple days out they will put all the energy into those buds , at this point you dont need them anymore . and yes we look like we are at the same point in our grows. im harvesting on the 20 th this month i have two more in transition now and then i got two in veg waiting to go in at week three.this will keep me a continuing cycle and no dwntym, as that is money wasted ...good job they look good

I have 4 plants in veg right now that i started from clone you can check out that grow in my sig if you want. So i can pull ALL of the fan leaves off like 1 or 2 days before harvest?

as for the color if you havent fed them yes its a nute diff. but its the nitrogen your losing this is good as the nitro, is for the growth not the flowrng stage , your rght on track
ok cause some one said its normal for the plant to turn a light pale green color when it is gettin close to the end of the plants life cycle, but we are only about 8 weeks into flowering so it probably does have a slight deficiency, should i give it a small does of 10-15-10 shulzt plant food along with the super juice one more time before we start flushing?:thanks:

yeah plant one is still light green it must be a deficiency of some sort, we just fed them today but im not even sure of the NPK rating on it. they have never been on a strict feeding schedule they were pretty much just growing on their own, but now where it is gettin late in the plants life cycle i feel like its using alot of nutrients and not gettin much during the watering. Any way that i could fix this problem at this point? i mean we still have 3-4 weeks left of flowering i dont want to ruin the plant at this point, Its defiantly a nutrient deficiency but how can i fix this ?

Plant #2 is still lush green but a noticeable amount of leaves have yellow tips on them. Could this be early signs of a nutrient deficneacy just like plant #1?

also looked at the thricomes under a microscope, the microscope was bought at radio shack, has a really shity field of vision, its hard to get a good look at it, but the few glands that i did see were still clear and looking premature for the most part, looks like they need to start filling in and i just hope that the lack of right nutrients isnt going to make my bud not as potent.

thanks for the tip, i dont plan on feeding 2 weeks prior to harvest, thats why i said i am going to feed one more time before our 2 week mark is here. will have a detailed smoke report when cured! thanks for stoppin by!

I have 4 plants in veg right now that i started from clone you can check out that grow in my sig if you want. So i can pull ALL of the fan leaves off like 1 or 2 days before harvest?

ok cause some one said its normal for the plant to turn a light pale green color when it is gettin close to the end of the plants life cycle, but we are only about 8 weeks into flowering so it probably does have a slight deficiency, should i give it a small does of 10-15-10 shulzt plant food along with the super juice one more time before we start flushing?:thanks:

sht if you are running a 12 week strain then yes feed them tl week ten then start your flush and yes anytym the plant doesnt get what she needs she shows in her potency and harvest , not to say it wont get you high it just wont be as good as it could have . yeah the fan leaf trick was read im planin on tryin this in like 10 days when i harvest mine . ill let you know what i see when i do it .your plants still look good though shell reward you for you efforts either way

ok so the plants are still looking good! plant #1 that was turning light green is starting to get its color back, seems like their is more Trichromes on both the plants so they are defiantly still developing. i gave both the plants a low strength dose of shultz 10-15-10 liquid plant food. Temps have gotten as high as 91*f and as low as 65*F at night. THe plants dont seem to mind the high heat, plus the fan is doing a tremendous job of keeping the grow room dry. We snapped a bunch of pictures, some of them are the ones i took last week but you should be able to tell the difference. Gettin close to harvest, next wensday will be the start of week 9, so we are gettin close but still have to wait. Thanks for checkin in!

IMG_019917.JPG
IMG_019813.JPG
IMG_019713.JPG
IMG_019311.JPG
IMG_019217.JPG
IMG_019112.JPG
IMG_01909.JPG
IMG_018917.JPG
IMG_018818.JPG
IMG_018716.JPG
IMG_018610.JPG
IMG_018514.JPG
IMG_018413.JPG
IMG_018317.JPG

i hope so! it sure does look tastey, smells reall good too. hopefully everything goes smooth from here on out, again this is the farthest ive ever come to harvesting cannabis so i am gettin exited/nervous/excited. Coming up on week 9 on wensday so i think will start flushing the 2 plants after that, i suppose i ought to check the trichs again a few more times before we chop them down. as soon as i start to see some amber trichs ill chop em down!

Wow likebike those are some great looking plants bro! I am inspired to keep my grow going looking through this journal, and i know there is some things I can learn as i go through it more carefully. Glad I came across this site. Keep it up man, great pics and plants.

Back
Top Bottom