Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

ok so both the plants are starting to turn greenish yellow and lots of fan leaves are falling off, i suppose this is normal as both plants seem to be doing it now, before it was just plant #1 and plant #1 has always been a little older than plant #2 so now that i see plant #2 finally turning yellowish and dropping a few fan leaves is probably normal, the buds themselves look great, alot more crystal formation. buds are very sticky, the end of my microscope was covered in resin when i was lookin at the thric's. They are very cloudy on plant #1 and about 50/50 clear/cloudy on plant #2 i think plant #1 will come down in 9 days and the other may come down a week after. Heres a few shitty pics to hold you over

Plant #1
100_08678.JPG

Plant #2
100_08687.JPG
100_08717.JPG

haha thanks. i hope it smokes as good as it looks. here is our plan on harvest, dry , cure.

plant on removing most, if not all fan leaves day before or day of harvest. then we will cut the plant at the base, and from there we will take sissiors and trim most of the big leaves off. leaving just small bits of leaf between buds. then we will cut the branches off of the main stem and hang them from clothes hangers in a dark cool space where the humidity will always stay under %30 for the first day or 2, after we will allow a bit of humidty but not much. when the stems feel like they are at the point right before they will snap in half, we will lay them in closed (clean) pizza boxes for a day or 2, depending on how damp they are (to the touch) and then we will clip off the rest of the bits of leaf and cut the buds themselves off of the stem and place in 1 gal glass (pickle) jars. we will probably use 2 of them so it will have more surface area for drying. we plan on burping the jars twice a day for a week or 2, depending on humidity levels in the jar we will determine if they are ready or not

daaaang ilike bike those ladies ended up beautiful. Those top colas are crazy! Be looking forward to the hash pics.:Namaste:

Agrees with Miwa, definitely sounds like a good plan. I like the idea of using a pizza box.
hey thank you, sounds good coming from another person, and my buddie had the idea for the pizza box!

daaaang ilike bike those ladies ended up beautiful. Those top colas are crazy! Be looking forward to the hash pics.:Namaste:

hey thanks louis, i just hope the 4 clones turn out the same way. The colas are very big and heavy, im guessing at least a 14g cola when dried. and ill have pics of everything once it is all said and done, harvest, dry, trim, hash, smoke report. Thanks for stoppin by check out my other grow in my sig, i seemed to have been having some probablems with the plants maybe you can help out!

About the "simple" organic tea I make. I buy Jobes organic for Tomatoes and vegetables, worm castings, Blackstrap Mollasses and epsom salts putting a tablespoon per gallon of each and aerate for a day or two in 70 plus degrees. I use rain water and usually make 4 gallons at a time in a 5 gallon bucket. I have a lot of powdered alfalfa made from range cubes that I want to add also but not sure if adding it to what I already have in the mix will be too much. Might delete the mollasses. I don't put enough of the tea in to run thru the bucket, a little less than what a 32 ounce cup holds into a 2.5 gallon bucket of soil. My main fertylizer is OC+ at present in my soil grows.

i just gotta get into a groove of a truly perpetual grow so i dont run out of medicine, i am researching a few options that i would like to try out personally.
Im thinking of either doing (2) 6 site Recirculating DWC One for veg, one for flower it would have 2 separate controllers, That is the more expensive route.
The other one i had in mind was make a 50 site cloner and choose one of my soil PPP plants to be a mother and take as many cuttings as i can at a time, clone them, then put them into 2 or 3L bottle and put it to 12/12 once it has set up a soild root foundation in the bottles.
similar to what 420fied and im sure alot of other members are running. of course it would be a SOG style, would want to do up to 50 plants at a time. ill make up my mind once ive done some more research, sorry for rambling im just in the mood!:tokin:

Edit: On second thought the ppp strain is nice and i do want to keep it going but the flowering time is a bit of an inconvenience maybe ill look around for a nice short flowering period strain. Ill take any suggestions on here as well!

Yeah man I wish my ballz let me do grows that big. There would be no problems then ey haha, a lot less anyway!

Know what you mean with long flowers, I'm a sucker to haze plants with looong flowering time. Think i'm gonna do a quick indica next time maybe.

If you had a lot of good seeds you could do 12/12 or 11/13 continuously. Crossing Aurora with PPP would shorten flower time and fatten up them buds though they look nice as is. Perpetual with clones takes up a lot of space, guessing on when to start them, when to plant them as they do much better if they are at least 10 inches high before you put them in flower. What would be nice is an unlimited amount of femmed seeds but it isn't so bad kicking out the males either. The biggest advantage is that all your lights are on flower space.

i just gotta get into a groove of a truly perpetual grow so i dont run out of medicine, i am researching a few options that i would like to try out personally.
Im thinking of either doing (2) 6 site Recirculating DWC One for veg, one for flower it would have 2 separate controllers, That is the more expensive route.
The other one i had in mind was make a 50 site cloner and choose one of my soil PPP plants to be a mother and take as many cuttings as i can at a time, clone them, then put them into 2 or 3L bottle and put it to 12/12 once it has set up a soild root foundation in the bottles.
similar to what 420fied and im sure alot of other members are running. of course it would be a SOG style, would want to do up to 50 plants at a time. ill make up my mind once ive done some more research, sorry for rambling im just in the mood!:tokin:

Edit: On second thought the ppp strain is nice and i do want to keep it going but the flowering time is a bit of an inconvenience maybe ill look around for a nice short flowering period strain. Ill take any suggestions on here as well!
it seems to me you are looking for something else to do..i'm going to do a DWC with a couple of 5 gal buckets...also checking into this...HOW TO EASILY GRAFT A MARIJUANA PLANT TUTORIAL - STEP BY STEP - GREEN PLANET NUTRIENTS - YouTube

good luck finding anything decent with a shorter flowering time. Any strain that I've seen advertised with an 8 week flower usually goes 10. Pretty much any strain I've grown takes 10 weeks or more to be done so I just plan my harvests so each strain goes 10 weeks. Even my pure AK took 9.5 weeks until she was done, and that's pure indica.

Your best bet is to grow one of those PPP clones as a mother, train it every day (supercropping is easier) and in a few weeks you will be able to take a clone army from it. I have a mother for each strain in veg (about 9 right now) and take clones every 2 weeks. By the time I get back around to the first strain, it's had 18 weeks to regenerate for clones, so I typically end up pruning all the moms when I take clones. Makes for a bushier plant too. But every 2 weeks I put 4-5 plants into flower and take more clones, so every 2 weeks I'm harvesting 4-5 plants that ends up yielding about 6oz, or 12oz a month. Keeps my supply stocked, but it is constant work, you can't let any extra time slip in there or it will throw your schedule off for months.

Well it looks like I am successful in making female pollen. My seed worries are soon to ba a long gone issue. 100% grow space will be flower, no longer fooling with cuttings or CFL's, it will be all power to the flower!

ok so i have some big news, Drum Roll Please :tommy:

SOUND EFFECT DRUM ROLL - YouTube

WE CUT DOWN THE BITCHES TONIGHT!!!!!

A few days ahead of schedule but they are looking prime. we were running out of vertical room as well they were gettin close to the light and alot of the leaves were turning brown and yellow and falling off. the buds themselves look great, cloudy thc covers the whole bud giving it a frost effect. the calyaxs are swollen the fuck up and most the hairs are redish. We cut them down at the base right near the soil, then we hung them upside down in the flower tent, turned off all the lights and running the 6'' outake fan 24/7. We plan on keeping them in there till monday then we will do our triming and then cut the buds off at the stem and let them sit in a pizza box, each plant will get its own pizza box, then we will monitor them for the next few days and when the stem is almost at the point where it breaks in half we will put the nugs in 2 mason jars and continue to burp them once every 12 hours until needed. So excited about what is going on. I am so happy that we came this far. Here are some before and after pics!

BEFORE WE CHOPPED EM!

IMG_023121.JPG
IMG_023224.JPG
IMG_023319.JPG
IMG_023417.JPG
IMG_023519.JPG
IMG_023617.JPG
IMG_023719.JPG
IMG_023819.JPG

After we hung em upside down (Turned the lights off after we took photos)

IMG_023917.JPG
IMG_024015.JPG
IMG_024112.JPG

Question : Does it matter what part of the light cycle you chop it down at? i know most people say to give it a day of dark but we chopped it down not more than 10 minutes after the lights shut off.

Back
Top Bottom