Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

ilikebike

What strain is it?
PPP (Pure Power Plant) - a strong F1 hybrid, was developed in the late 90s from a South African Sativa and a fat Indica from the USA. Pure Power Plant's tremendous growth potential is a prime example of hybrid vigour. This variety is the latest trend among Dutch commercial growers because of its high yields of valuable buds. Pure Power Plant has a pleasant pine-like aftertaste and a powerful social buzz.

Yield: 400 - 500 g/m²
Effect: Stoney and high
Height: Medium
Flowering: 9 - 11 weeks
-THC level - 15-20%

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Germination Stage

If in Veg... For how long?
not in veg yet but plan on leaving them in veg for 2-3 months

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
1 part organic potting soil, 1 part manure, 1 part vermiculite, 1 part sand
(Seeds are germinating in jiffy peat moss pods)

Size of light?
12 27watt 6500k CFL's

Is it air cooled?
Yes

Temp of Room/cab?
80*F-86*F (1 BOX FAN inside grow cab, 1 desk fan, and one outtake vent with 2 inline fans that move 150CFM of air each)

RH of Room/cab?
50%

PH of media or res?
Unknown as of now, Digital pH soil tester is on its way.

Any Pests ?
No but i have an organic pesticide just in case

How often are you watering?
when i see a sprout i will probably use a small amount of water and water them every other day or every 2 days

Type and strength of ferts used?
None yet but i am going to use the FOX Farm Tri-pack thing.

Ok well im doing a closet grow, my last bag-seed grow was going good until i put the plants into flowering and they were both males :( So i got myself 5 Feminized PPP seeds. Im going to make sure i do everything right this time, like keeping a nutrient feeding schedule. Probably going to do a SCreen Of Green for this grow seeing as i will have 5 plants if all the seeds take.

I just germinated the seeds tonight, i expanded the jiffy pods with water until they reached their full size. I then poked a 1/2'' hole in the jiffy pod and used tweezers to drop each seed in. I scraped a small amount of soil on top of the seed and gently tampered it down. I then added a small drop of water on top just to make sure it was nice and moist. They are sitting in a tray right now inside the grow cab with (6) 27watt CFL's about 2 inches away from the jiffy pods. The lights are on for 24 hours a day untill we see 4 leaves then we will switch the cycle to 20/4. I plan on using CFL's for the whole period in which the plants are in the vegetative stage. We will then switch to (2) 400 watt HPS lights for flowering. We plan on taking at least 2 clones off of each plant while they are still in vegetative stage. Any pointers would be great thanks for stopping by! :)

Ps: i have a camera this time so i will post pictures as soon as i see sprouts!

so its been three days. we put a piece of saran wrap over the tray of jiffy pods so it would retain mosture and promote growth. Still no sign of a sprout though. Is it posibble we did something wrong? i would think that we should have seen at least 1 sprout in 3 days. all we did was wet the jiffy pots enough that they were saturated and then i dropped in a seed with tweezers and put a tiny pit of the peatmoss on top to cover the seed. I hope i didnt fuck this up already i should have just used a paper towle method, because that has always worked for me

IMG_20110913_212842.jpg
IMG_20110913_212831.jpg

Here's a few pics its hard to see but their are two sprouts in the pots

looking good:thumb: you'd be surprised. There are plenty of people on this site that had great success with CFL. Can't underestimate them at all.

Did you Germ the seeds first(Using a papertowel or other method) or did you go straight soil. Most have better success getting the starter taproot before planting them. If you go straight into soil or a starter plug, it can take longer than you want it to.

#1 is looking nice, hope to see more soon:tokin:

Edit: Im not sure on this but i can give it a shot in the dark. You will want your mother to at least be branching off. by then it will a few nodes high. i would start topping and working and get multiple tops. I've noticed that when you top the plant, all the branching between nodes(Even the lower ones under the four new tops) are forced to grow and stretch to light.

If you look at pics before and after i topped one of my ladies she started with pretty small branch nodes and they stayed small as she stretched up in nodes. A few days after topping i noticed that not only did the new tops shoot up but so did the lower branching. I may be wrong but topping causes the plant to start branch stretching.

Was just an observation of mine. Hope this helps some:thumb:

just got back from fest... hopefully will have some pics up soon but the 2 ladies are doing awesome. the second one that didn't look to good is finally showing a good amount of leaves... i will probably want to take clones in about 3 weeks.
also i am thinking of doing a screen of green with this grow. now when i have the chicken wire over the plant, do i have to pinch or top the plant so that the main cola isn't so big that it wont fit through the chicken wire? if i have just 2 plants i am going to want to maximize growth horizontally but as well as vertically. do i continue to adjust the screen with the height of the plants as they grow, or do they just stop growing vertically in general? never done this method before so i will defiantly need some pointers or else i probably wont do it. Gonna go on Google now and read up.

I think with Scrog setup you will wanna top several times and LST according to how your plant is. you will want the new tops to be as perpendicular to your screen as possible. You also wanna make sure you get enough light penetration so make sure one top isnt hiding another.

Im sure there are plenty more steps to it and if you look around you can find a good tutorial on A scrog setup.

In Greg Greens Grow bible. He talks about a scrog setup. I haven't read through it in months so I cant tell you how detailed he gets but it is a good starter to get information on it.:thumb:

plants are growing nice, gonna start them on 1/4 strength 10-15-10 shultz plant food this week. Plant 1 is growing fast with lots and lots of stems, i cant belive how many branches are coming off the stalk! you can really see it in one of the pictures. well everything is going great as of now. we are going to cut some clones off of the first plant as well, will probly do that some time next week

Hey bike sup my man?.....the girls look nice...you should have done the papertowel in the dark method my man.... Amazing success rates. I know you know... And while the seeds are under soil (from planting originally)..they don't need much light...maybe one bulb in the first few days only...once they rise up above soil then you can supply much more...I have gregs book too and NOW when I go back to it, it seems very vague...this site is better than any damn stupid book.. But I've got them all...those PPP will kick ass my brotha, you just wait....GOODLUCK....:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom