Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

@ ilikebike
IDK man, you might wana stick with soil! you got some pretty sweet dank there! the only thing id suggest for your next grow is topping her and lsting her, thats how i got my plant to look how it does.
lots and lots of topping, then when plant got too crowded i started lst'ing her to get more light to the branches evenly.

also if you didnt use a benny brew this round id suggest that!

benny brew and co2 are the two changes ill be making to my next grow.

best of luck to you! piece ;)

hey thanks man, might do the DWC thing this spring in a separate grow tent just as a side project, i would like to be knowledgeable in all fields of grow. Not sure if i know what benny brew is but you know im gonna look it up ;-)

EDIT: I watched that video about the benny brew, what was it that they put into the water? they looked like nutrients but obviously they are not if he was just throwing them in the resivior with out measuring them. all that stuff he put in there didnt effect the pH or PPM levels. Also does anything he put in there have an N-P-K rating? do i have to use those exact things that he put into it? or could i use any brand? if some one did a recipie for that benny brew i wouldn't mind ;-)

i topped 2 of my ppp clones in my other grow you can check that one out too if your not already full of grow subscriptions. how early did you do your first top to your plant? also i can "top" any spots that are going to be bud tops correct? they dont have to be the main cola from every plant? thanks for the help and for stopping by!

hey man, benny brew is nothing more then bennifical bacteria, or bennifical microbes.

you dont have to brew it, you could just pick up some azos, mycos, or mycorrhizae and just put it in around your root zone just before you trans plant, then once every two weeks youd make a hole in your soil, add that shit in that hole then cover over and water. you do this every two weeks until mid harvest.

the difference between what i just said and brewing, is about 1000 fold!

brewing beneficial microbes allows them to propagate and multiply mullions of times over which makes the microbes more efficient.

no need to ph this stuff, or worry about npk ratios!

the most important elements of a benny brew are these: you can use whichever ones (brands) you want, as long as you keep these essential items:

1. a quality (disolvable) Mycorrhizae

2. a quality sugar source (molases, sweet, ect.., these sugars are what feeds the microbes while they brew.)

3. Humic acid (humic acid is the only thing that will allow your root zone to uptake these newely available nutrients, humic acid fattens up root hair and opens up the pores on those hairs so that more food can be absorbed ;) )

those are the 3 basic additive that you MUST have to make a benny brew, you put those in a bucket with an air stone and let it brew for 24-48 hrs. NO LONGER!!

but adding more types of bennificials, like mycos, and azos ect.. just make the benny brew that much more effective! you can Never have too many beneficials ;)

for more info google mycorrhizae,

you should check these out:

mycorrhizae Q and A

breeding microbe with compost tea

mycorrhizae info

Study: Mycorrhizal Fungi and Fertilizer Efficiency

best of luck!

Thanks for the links gy...that tea does work...been checking it out on ut...
no prob, you gotta check out OGbudderbrains channel if you havent already, also kohmagrows, both use benny brews and there shit speaks volumes on how well microbes work! its insaine how frosty there buds are, trichs fucking everywhere :)
defiantly sounds interesting, may be something i try at some point in my grow career

whenever your ready, just dont hold out, esp with your soil grows!! even if you just went out and bought a thing of greatwhiteshark and used that, its a known mycorrhizae, making a brew with it is just a million times better =)

dont miss out on potential yield and quality! lol

ask ire or some of the other top shelf growers form this site, they all use benny brews! not too many people talk or are willing to share this info though. ire might if you ask him nice enough..

when should i feed my plants the benny brew? with every watering? also if i mix of a 5 gal bucket of brew how long is it good for? can i just cover it and put an air stone in it and keep it in a cool place?

Usually good for about 2-3 days, usually when it has a sweet soil smell your fine to use it, once it starts smelling rotten or foul like sewer sludge, then do not use it, at that point it has gone anerobic and at this point will cause more harm than help... Just use your nose to tell ya how long to brew it for...

Also if you get some old nylon stockings, they work great to use as a "nutrient teabag" in your bucket...just fill it up with whatever you using, mycos, soil, worm casings, guano's....the list is long..

Microbrews are alos good for foliar spray, my plants seem to love it...

With the simple teas I make I do it weekly, around 30 ounces per 2.5 gallon bucket.
so you give your plants the tea once a week? what does your recipe consist of ?

Nice Buds Dude Brah, Stay Frosty!!!
HAHA sweet user name i love breaking bad. Thanks for the kind words they are gettin pretty frosty. the next run on plants will be on a strict diet so we should see more thric. production. Everything is starting to get really exciting and almost seems like every day is dragging on just because i am gettin close to harvest. You know when your a kid and Christmas is like a month away it feels liek it takes forever to come? well thats how i feel right now with my harvest date. Stay tuned for more! later~!

thats ok at least you made it! thanks for the kind words i do believe we are gettin close to harvest, thrics are still pretty clear/cloudy still no amber. we started flushing on wensday (1-11-12) so we should be cutting them down on the 25th. plant #1 might come down before the other one because it has been growing faster the whole time. Gettin real close though i can almost taste the smoke! but i know its gonna be another month or so before i can actually toke some of this!

Well done man, really is the best time for you now. know the feeling of just wanting to chop the thing down now!
At least while you wait for the drying you have the hash off the scisssors and alll the popcorn crap lower buds to make hash or just rapid dry while the rest dry's and cures.

There always weed everywhere after harvest!!:goodjob:

good call JB, i was going to ask this question , after i cut all the leaves and trim and small popcorn buds how long after should i wait to make hash with them? i was thinking of just putting them in a trash bag and freezing them untill i go to make the hashish

Dry,,,freeze,,,make hash or dry,,,make hash...

Back
Top Bottom