Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

Yea definitely lemme know because im looking to purchase seeds

Merry Christmas everyone!!! my present to you is a PICTURE UPDATE!!! YAY!! arent you excited? i know i am lol

she is starting to get fat, caylax's are swellin up nice a few dark redish brown hairs here and there but for the most part they still white, starting to get real frosty too, im going to have to tie off the top cola because its starting to get top heavy and bending a bit, i couldnt be happier with the way things look right now heres so pics
Plant #2
IMG_20111225_1347461.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111225_1347531.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_20111225_1348011.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111225_1348091.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111225_1348171.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_20111225_1348241.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111225_1444011.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_20111225_144405.jpg

Plant #1
IMG_20111225_144419.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_20111225_144426.jpg

temps are between 75*F night and 85*F during the day.
RH 20% i know thats low but the plants dont seem to mind at all, the buds are very dense very firm, doesnt seem like it minds the dry environment, nor does it mind high temps, when the light first went in the temps were gettin up around 90*F during the day and didnt show signs of wilting or anything. They are drinking alot now! probably a quart of water a day maybe more. We havnet fed them anything since last week so we gave them alittle more nutrients in todays water and will probly feed them one more time before flushing. We are currently at day 46 of flower. thanks for checkin in guys.

thanks man this is only my second grow, my first grow turned out male, so i am not much farther along than you are. I learned alot from this site and alot from google, just searching things and seeing what was a good idea and what wasn't.
i got that whole light set up for $105 shipped from ebay, you should check out sites like ebay alot of times you can find killer deals. my plants started out on CFL's throughout veg stage then when we switched to flower i got the bigger light. Best of luck to ya!

thanks man this is only my second grow, my first grow turned out male, so i am not much farther along than you are. I learned alot from this site and alot from google, just searching things and seeing what was a good idea and what wasn't.
i got that whole light set up for $105 shipped from ebay, you should check out sites like ebay alot of times you can find killer deals. my plants started out on CFL's throughout veg stage then when we switched to flower i got the bigger light. Best of luck to ya!

I grew 1 seed on my 1st grow...turned out to be a male...my head must be hard...i ordered some beans...reg beans..now i'm going through the same thing...finding males...the beans for my next grow are all fem...1 auto...i started my plants on cfl too...plants are looking good...read your j...came out all right right? right...:goodjob::welldone:

so far so good, yeah i decided to not mess around with males nd just buy feminized seeds, some people say that feminized seeds dont have good genetics and they would rather get regular seeds and find out the sex of the plant themselves. but it makes it so much easier to grow when you know the sex of the plant before hand. we will be cutting these babies down about the 3rd week of January. when we cut them i will post pics and do a wet weigh before curing. stay intouch thanks~

SIDE NOTE: my fan thermostat is on the way. its the EL-500 and it turns on the fan plugged into it when the temp gets to high and brings it back down to selected temp, should be here in a week. And i bought a 25$ humidifier at walmart today. Going to throw that in the flower room to bring the humidity up a tad. the humidity is low like 10-30% never gets higher than like 35% but the plants dont seem to mind, i jsut want to run the humidifier like 4 times a day to bring it up a tad.

QUESTION: Do you think i could put a low strength nutrient in the humidifier to "Foilar Feed" when the mist comes out? as long as the nutrients are 100% water soluble and i take the filter off the humdifier i dont see why that wouldn't work. Maybe it might be to much nutrients but thats the only draw back i can think of.

It would work, why not? I have reached the point where unless I am treating a deficiency I spray not at all. Not even clones. Absolutely awesome plants. If they come up on the Weekend Whopper I am ordering some.

good idea, some seedbanks will throw those in for free. its defiantly a nice strain, i mean im just excited to be growing this but from what people tell me its an awesome high as well. Im going to do a little more shopping this week and buy a few more things mostly nutrients for my other plants. going to see them tomorrow hopefully and will put the humidifier in and take pictures. we are currently on day 51 of flower. going to feed them one more time this weekend and then start flushing on about day 54 thanks for checkin in later!

on a side not i started germinating some Seeds that a buddy told me came from a bag of sour deisel he had. well im thinking about germinating all 4 seeds and growing witch ever ones crack. Then keeping them in veg. till i can cut clones from them and sex them. if they are female i will keep them. I figure its worth a shot

Damnnn look at how tall it is. I swear mines not growing as good cause of the lights . Where did you get your lights and my lights are just regular d clamp lights do they need the reflectors one them. I see yours is just pointing down wards . And how did you make the light before you switch to the hps lights? And is it better to use other materials in the soil your using ? Better grow ??

Damnnn look at how tall it is. I swear mines not growing as good cause of the lights . Where did you get your lights and my lights are just regular d clamp lights do they need the reflectors one them. I see yours is just pointing down wards . And how did you make the light before you switch to the hps lights? And is it better to use other materials in the soil your using ? Better grow ??

yes they are gettin very tall, easily over 3.5 feet. when i was growing these plants in vegetative stage they were only using a 150w cfl fixture that i made. the light that you see in the picture is a 400w HPS that was bought on ebay for 105$ shipped. the light system includes the ballast, the reflector(which is wat you see in the picture) and the bulb. ill stop by your page and make a comment thanks!

ya do some google shopping, try some differnt search terms such as

"400w hps" or "switchable hps ballast" or google search some "DIY MH kits" i didnt top either of these plants. i didnt wanna fuck anything up since it was my first time actually growing female plants. i did how ever top the new batch of PPP clones i am growing if you wanna check that out!

miwa, that makes me feel a little better about my RH% i bought the humidifier so i will put it in there but probably just run it like for 15 minutes twice a day to bring up the humidity just a tad. We only pluck off fan leaves when they look like they are about to fall off anyways, or if there is one like right over a good bud site, because we want the light to penetrate the canopy. let me know how it works out for ya

Nice setup man..

and gorgeous plants btw, they sure would've made nice Christmas trees : )

You're getting so close I can almost smell those nugs through the screen!

That 400W is going to make some nice dense buds, MUCH better than CFL's. I really wanna go with a higher wattage but heat is my main concern, I've been fighting temps since day one...

Can't wait to see how things turn out!

Best of luck,

Bowsie

hey thanks bowsie, if heat is a concern for you have you thought about getting a bigger exhaust fan to move more air, faster? i live in a pretty cold climate but before we got our 6'' exhaust fan the temps were pretty high like high 80's to high 90's and wen we got the exhaust fan it brought the temps down to 70-ish. we even went as far as to buy a thermostat for the fan so it keeps it at a even temperature all the time. i am thinking of running (2) 400 watt HPS for the next batch of clones we flower because their is 4 plants.

I decided not to put the humidifier in this grow. i am going to wait until i get a humidistat so it will regulate the RH% at 45-50%

Back
Top Bottom