Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

So their gutting out the old business space next to my work and i did some digging through the dumpster (I know trash picker!) and i found a nice 4' Florescent tube fixture and an 8'' Inline Duct fan by FANTECH! looked it up online it moves over 400 cfm! this will defiantly be getting installed to the flower room once i make myself a filter and buy more duct work! SCORE!

Nice man. One mans trash is another mans treasure. That totally applies. If you can reuse and re-purpose things, do it. Save some money and handle with what you got. That is what I am doing with the dresser I am going to make a grow room from. It was my aunts years ago and I kinda took it cause I needed one. Well years later and it now becomes something entirely different. Can't wait to see what you got

aw hell ya free stuff or stuff you make yourself is always better because you understand how the things work, rather than just buying everything and being oblivious to what parts do what and go where. Im excited to see the dresser grow cab its just cool to see how innovative other people are because it sparks my motivation to do something like it!

as for the fan and light i am going to the store tomorrow to get bulbs, im going to pressure wash the fan because it has A LOT of dust on it.
The fan is old(It was manufactured in 2005) so im a little worried that the bearing might be going on it. It squeals every now and then but its not too bad. Im thinking once i pressure wash all that gunk outta there and then possibly hit it with some kind of lubrication it will stop squeaking
If not i imagine i could replace the bearing? It is a FANTECH FX8 Unit , they are built in Canada and are pretty good fans from what i read online, the company is still in business and seems to be pretty reputable (this one came out of a fast food restaurant so it was good enough to exhaust that it should be good for a small closet). The unit seems like it can be unscrewed and opened. Ill update ya with some pics soon cause everyone likes eye candy, plus i haven't seen the girls since Tuesday :(

yup u guessed it TOG, i was mad for about a day then i was like well there's nothing i can do now time to move on like you said. I got my HPS ballast in finally (the one they had to re ship because they sent me an MH ballast at first) So i went to the store to try to fabricate a reflector. Spent 20$ in parts and it came out pretty damn good! ill post pics of everything soon.

heres some pics of the light
IMG_20111130_114306.jpg
IMG_20111130_114349.jpg

so its not the prettiest looking thing but for 20$ i cant complain. Plus i did it myself so i feel accomplished.

Heres a list of materials

(all bought at Home Depot)

-36'' long Half Stack Duct (In ventilation section, they are shaped like an L kinda.)
-8x8 angle iron (Pretty much a large "L" bracket that holds everything together)
-4'' Metal Square Electric Box
-1/2'' NM connector (For the ballast wires)
-M59 Socket
-(2) 1-1/2'' angle iron (small "L" bracket)
- Pack of long #8 Screws with nuts

i looked at the hood that came with the ballast i bought and pretty much got the idea from that, its pretty easy to do and works the balls!

thank you im going to try to write up a DIY thread for the reflector eventually definatly seems pretty simple compared to other things ive seen on the net.

So i couldn't take pics of the ladies tonight because they were sleeping by the time i got there, but i did get to look at them through night vision goggles (Yes the ones that came with the Call of duty MW2 xbox console) and the main cola is starting to get fat, everything looks nice and hairy. says about 9-11 weeks of flowering on these babies so we still got some time to go i wanna say we are about 3.5 weeks into flowering, ill go back and check

We are in day 22 of Flower right now!

ok so i got to see the girls today and my are they getting big! still look pretty damn healthy and we havent been giving them any nutes since they went into flower, i dont want to continue to give them the 10-15-10 shultz food because its not formulated for this specific stage of growing. i should be able to get my hands on properly balanced nutrients to at least give them a little boost. This is the 4th week of flowering, depending on what happens we might go for 11 weeks total, people online that grew this nirivina strain of PPP said the longer you flower the better final product you get. And i know that time adds taste (just like wine and cheese). Oh yeah they are starting to stink like PINE, straight up PINE when i walked upstairs i was like DID u put your christmas tree upstairs?!? lol it was the smell of the weed it smells so good, and when you get real close to the buds and smell they smell fruity, So much thc forming all over the buds and the flower. Cant wait to harvest loving this shit so far!

Mom #1
New_Image6.JPG

IMG_20111206_205038.jpg

Mom #2
New_Image11.JPG
IMG_20111206_205241.jpg

QUESTION :There is smaller branches on the bottom of the plant that have the small "popcorn" buds on them. I believe these will not form very big buds so should i trim off these few lower branches to concentrate more energy twords the higher buds? heres a pic of the lower branches.
IMG_20111206_205247.jpg

roughly it is day 28. What do you think about those lower branches that have the small, undeveloped "popcorn nugs" on them? should i trim them off??

I generally trim the lower branches off, it won't yield anything worth saving.

I'm in the process of raising a mom, right now shes only a few inches tall, but things are going well. Can't wait to flower it. I only got one seed, so I'm set on making a mother plant out of her

thanks bro, I can't wait to see how yours turns out :bong:

Back
Top Bottom