Ilikebike's Pure Power Plant Soil Grow!

me either but you better believe i am going to have TONS of photos. and a smoke report. have you ever harvested before? if all goes well this will be my first time harvesting a plant, ive done a fair amount of research on it but any input that you could give me can only help. thanks later!

harvesting is really simple, it's the easiest part of the cycle. I run a perpetual garden harvesting a few plants a month. Here's what I do..

when the plant looks ready, I'll chop it at the base, take it to my trim room, remove all the branches from the main stem, then I always start with the main cola because if you do that last, you'll be tired of trimming and will do a shittier job haha. I trim right when the plants are cut down, I find it way easier to move the leaves and get a nice manicure when the plant is fresh, it's more spongy and allows you to get your scissors really close to the bud. You'll want to remove the leaves as close to the bud as possible, the more leaf matter you have on there, the harsher the smoke will be at first. (at first it's hard cutting all those trichome coverered leaves off, but you can save them and make oil, butter, or hash).

I go through each branch and cut the main fan leaves off, these are ones you can get to the stem of the leaf, I call that stage one, and my girl generally does this part for me.

stage two is the fine trimming. I cut the bud off the stem, leaving about an inch of stem to hold onto while trimming. I start at the top and cut the leaves off, while twisting it clockwise, working around it in a circle until the entire bud is trimmed.

Once all the buds are manicured, they go into a paper bag, just enough to cover the bottom of it, and still leaving a bit of space around the buds for air to move. Then I put it in a fairly warm place, it's usually in my veg area on a shelf. After about a week I find they're dry enough to smoke and start curing.

I put them loosely in jars, burping once or twice a day and inspecting them. They do get a bit moist from time to time from the moisture in the center stem, but when this happens, I just leave the lid off the jar and put them in a closet. After a day or two, they are crispy again and can generally just go back into cure.

no problem man, everybody has their own ways of doing everything, the fun of growing is learning what everyone does and adapting it to fit your own needs, then passing it along so others can continue the cycle

its fun because i kinda pull a little bit of something out of what i read and what i hear. just like everything else, people have a certain way they do things, and use certain products for certain reasons. Im pretty new to growing so i am trying alot of different things and then continuing to do the things that work for me. Its a growing process as our plants grow. This is becoming one of my favorite hobby's . I work for a restaurant and i am thinking about getting a large scale hydroponic vegetable grow so i can sell him produce for a better price then the supplier is giving him and i will be making some money! Thanks again man later!

exactly man, I've tried so many different techniques in my growing, all of them produced some really nice buds, but they all have their different perks. Growing definitely became my most favorite hobby and it just gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you get to smoke your own.

What's even better is when other people tell you it's the best they've ever had. Nothings better than hearing that from the herb you personally created from a seed

New inline fan came in today. very pleased with it. for the money it was well worth the price. I am going to buy a thermostat eventually but for now i am going to just run it for 15 mintues every hour (While the lights are on, when the lights are off i will probly just run it for 15 mintues 6 times during the night cycle) Its fairly quiet, its about as loud as a hair dryer so it shouldnt be to suspicious, plus i got rubber grommets to put on the mounting bracket so it soaks up some of the vibrations. thats all for now, ill have pics up soon!

heres a pic of the fan, should be installing it tonight if everything goes as planned ill have some updated pics, thanks!
IMG_20111213_122554.jpg

nice bass in the background, I love playing bass

ok so i forgot my camera when i went and saw the ladies so i dont have any pics :( But we did get the new Fan/outake ventilation system in, Went pretty smooth. and its defiantly sucking alot of air, enough to shut the door by its self when it is almost closed so id say thats good. The plants look amazing, still green as all hell. Starting to get alot of goey thrichomes all on the leaves and buds, some of the white pistils are starting to turn orange/brownish. Not alot of them but if you look close you can see it in the pistils. Everything looks and smells great. Smells like pine but when you put a bud right up to your nose it smells fruity almost .
citrusy. We got about another month to go. we will play it by ear but most likely January we will chop em down and start curing them!

QUESTION: Do i need to buy a hand held microscope to look at the thc glands and tell if they are milky or not? i read some where that you can get a better idea of when to cop the plants down by how milky the THC glands were. any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!

nice man I'm a drummer too, I pretty much play whatever I can get my hands on, but bass and drums are my top instruments.

regarding your question on getting a scope, I would advise getting one, it is the best way to tell if you're ready for harvest. I've gotten lazy lately and don't really use mine anymore, but I've been growing the same strains for a while and can generally tell by the look of it if they're ready or not.

ok cool im gonna order one this weekend along with some new beans. Heres a list of the strains im thinking of getting, all are subject to change!

(going to order 1 of each through castle seeds probably)

-LSD
-Sour Kush
-Jack 47
-Super Lemon Haze
-Train Wreck

It will be nice to have some other strains going as well. Any input on any of those strains? are any of them really hard to grow? any input would be great check back in often thanks!

I feel like I have missed out a lot on your journal. Like organic said, Harvesting is easy it's just tedious. Don't be afraid to trim tight. That was my main problem. I felt that I would mess up if I trimmed too close but my second plant that I harvested looks so much nicer.

I am also a musician. Guitar is my main instrument but I also do EDM. Dubstep and such you know.

LSD(Lucy) is a really nice strong strain. Mr.Krip has a Lucy mother he is running for his sog and the buds are massive. Seriously amazing. From what I hear it can be a bit finicky so I would say get a few seeds. Also :420: regulation gives nicknames to strains named after hard drugs because they do not want any affiliation with them, hence the nickname Lucy.

Sour Kush is on my list of things to get. I love headband. Seriously on my top 5 strains. No Complaints I love the bud. lol.

I have no opinion on Jack 47 but if there is a relation to other Jack Strains, I'd say you got something nice on your hands.

Super Lemon Haze is also a lovely Strain. Can't comment on how it grows but 70sG is growing it. It looks strong but I hear that it does have some issues and is a tricky grow. Smoke is amazing though.

Trainwreck is bomb. Nuff said. I love it as much as Sour Kush.

TOG- I havent exactly been giving detailed updates or posting many pictures so it may seem like you have missed alot but i havent exactly showed you guys alot lol. trying to be cautious.

Loving the fact that alot of people on this site play music! seems like cannabis and music go together just like PB and J! I am in a prog rock band but honestly my favorite "Genre" of music is Hip Hop because you kinda get a taste of all music with hip hop (You just have to look for it). but i pretty much love any kind of music not big on like accapella and country and i can listen to like dub step and classical music in small portions.

(Lucy) -whoops i always forget about that shit. do they consider anything that isnt marijuana a "Hard Drug" Cause last time i checked "marihuana" is a schedule 1 controlled substance just like most of them "hard drugs" just wondering. This lucy sounds very awesome so i have to get a seed

Sour Kush/HeadBand - I got an 8th of this bud like almost a year ago and the nugs were so fat but still dense wicked orange hairs Just smelled and looked great. so i gotta grow me some!

Jack 47 - Is Jack Herer X Ak-47 so imagine it cant be a bad hybrid

Super Lemon Haze - Might change this one out, i just really wanna grow a HAZE strain but they seem like they are pretty hard to grow, is their any type of haze strain that is eaiser to grow than another?

Trainwreck - Had the pleasure of smelling and smoking this bud a few years ago, I almost got fired from my job because the forman could smell the bag threw my pants and it was double bagged. haha fuck i never smoked something that smelled so distinct yet like nothing i ever smelled before.

Needless to say im excited to put my order in, also very excited to harvest, we are on day 36 of 12/12. Next time i see the babies i will have pics i promise!

bro, don't ditch the SLH!! Don't believe what you hear of it being hard to grow, yes at times it's a bit more sensitive, but overall, it's quite easy to grow and get sick bud from. Once you grow it, you will never want to stop growing it, smells like fruit loops fresh out of the box. I've been growing SLH for a while now, and the only issues I ran into were clawing leaves during flower, and signs of a zinc def. My clawing has just recently been corrected, turns out she doesn't like as much N as most plants. I was giving her too much nitrogen and it makes the leaves claw pointing downwards. My zinc lockout was just from my ph being out of whack.

If you're looking for a haze, it's an awesome pick.

I wanna try the Lucy, most people say it's almost a trippy high, sounds pretty fun. I'll be watching you grow her for sure.

Ok so got to see the babies again and got to take pics! The new 6'' fan has been doing a tremendos job at keeping the temps down. The humidity how every is dropping very low. I want to buy a humidifyer tommarow and just run it a few times a day to get the RH up. Just started feeding them a nutrient today at a very low strength, we will increase it slightly and continue to feed for about 3 weeks then flush. Here is some pics of the plants and random buds on the plants, also pic of the HPS light and Carbon Filter

1aass_0031.jpg
1aass_010.jpg
1aass_012.jpg
1aass_011.jpg
1aass_0071.jpg
1aass_009.jpg
1aass_0081.jpg
1aass_0061.jpg
1aass_0041.jpg

that's a nice cola developing bro, plant looks real happy and looks like it will yield a nice amount too

Back
Top Bottom