StonedyCreek's PineappleKush Indoor Soil Grow - 400w -Take 2 - Nov. 2011

quick update fellers. the grow is coming a long wicked and I have many bud spots developing nicely. 2 of my biggest colas though... appear to be developing like "leaf buds".. i know thats not the best description but basically.. instead of the bud spot growing BUD, it seems like the bud spot is just developing a bud of tiny fan leaves. I thought this happened to my last plant due to insufficient light and didnt have enough energy to develop into real bud. I guess it could be the genetics since they are the same seeds.. or maybe Im just doing something else wrong :( who knows, more to come soon,
S.C

Heres some pics guys. I hope I get some people to re-sub this journal I kind of abandoned it for a week or two. Anyhow, hope you like it..
S.C

Photo0342.jpg
Photo0341.jpg
Photo0340.jpg
Photo03391.jpg
Photo03371.jpg
Photo03381.jpg
Photo0336.jpg
Photo03341.jpg
Photo03331.jpg
Photo03321.jpg
Photo03312.jpg

I tried taking a few closeups so you can see the amount of trichome buildup even on the leaves. I dont know why but the pictures dont seem to show to many of the bud spots. Dont be mistaken, I probably have a half dozen colas that are over 10" long covered with bud.

lookin pretty dense in there sc... hows that screen treatin ya? i cant wait to get a scrog goin. radio shack has a pretty cheap lighted scope thats 60x-100x. like $13 i think. get a shot that you want a pic of, hold it there, and put your camera up to the scope and snap a pic. its kinda tricky, but i got it to work a couple times. i ordered a scope off ebay cause i cant be bent over like that for too long my back will go out fast. but it works well enough to get some pics to post...

lookin pretty dense in there sc... hows that screen treatin ya? i cant wait to get a scrog goin. radio shack has a pretty cheap lighted scope thats 60x-100x. like $13 i think. get a shot that you want a pic of, hold it there, and put your camera up to the scope and snap a pic. its kinda tricky, but i got it to work a couple times. i ordered a scope off ebay cause i cant be bent over like that for too long my back will go out fast. but it works well enough to get some pics to post...

Thanks J I gotta do a little trim work and thin out some of those fan leaves. Theres a lot of struggling going on for light competition. Im starting to think that scrog could have been a bad idea., more so just the way I used it. just a little troubleshooting but by the time the plant matter grew threw the scrog and started budding, the branches locked themselves in the screen, and then thickened right up. So I was left with a lot of unused scrog ( at the time) and couldn't really move around any branches to let light get in deeper.

As a whole Im happy I used it, but next time the scrog will be better.. maybe a bit more sophisticated then a dog gate. :) I DEFF need a scope though. Radio shack carries em huh? Never would have thought that. Any ideas on how far out I am from harvest? Im thinking like 4 weeks but without a scope who knows.

Thanks for poppin on the page J, glad to see your grow is comin a long nicely, how far out you think you might be?

S.C

bad news on this grow. i've been hesitant to say.. but it turns out the short girl in the back of my grow has been pollinated.. which Im sure has something to do with why its staying so short and dense. I tried tweezing out a few of the bananas that are obvious so they dont all mature into seeds. Im pretty bummed out about this one, but hopefully I can get some outdoor out of it after this grow.. and also its a good thing it didnt reach my other two girls.

So heres a couple pics I uploaded so everyone can see how the grow is going. Everything was going great till I spotted this one girl loading up with seed spots. I didnt really know what to do. In one hand I can clip the plant PRE-MATURE and stop the seeds form fully developing, and not wasting any bud energy.. OR.. I can let it ride, and hopefully the extra time in flowering will compensate for the loss in growth due to seeds growing.

For now I did 50-50. I cut down one of the choice branches on her ( to save a nice bud) and if its a little pre-mature (maybe 2-3 weeks early) I'll have to just cut my losses. Heres a picture of the pre-mature bud I cut down.

She's a pretty nice fatty. Theres also a few "feathery" nugs that fell off during clipping that I popped in a grinder for comparison. Enjoy guys.. I know I am.

I also want to say.. theres spots of bud that are pink and purple against bright white bud.. its really nice :)

As you can see in that first pic.. She is LOADED. I couldnt just sit around and watch all that beautiful nug turn to a sack of seeds. Anyway, for just 1 of 3 girls , I'm not too bummed out. I just hope it didnt spread to the others (which I doubt and I just cant see)

So for me, Its feminised seeds all the way from now on!! I got 2 Maui Waui int he works, 2 Master Kush, and after those, Ill be bringing you some White Widow and Snow White from Nirvanas christmas weekend whopper

Got some pics coming up in a few as soon as I get done uploading them.. After spending about 8 hours with tweezers I pretty much "tweezed" out all the nanners that were the "would be " seeds out of my 1 plant. I think I definetely chopped my girls down maybe 2 weeks early.. but it was a conscious decision at an attempt to avoid my buds loading up with seeds. Even with this attempt, I've still unfolded about 15-20 healthy shell seeds. Could come in handy in the near future :) At this point all 3 girls have been cut down. Im curious as to the different methods people use when harvesting because it seems liek I keep losing the great smell of these buds after a few of drying out. I clip them off the tree, trim out fan leaves, and leave to dry. Within a few days, the fruity odor is gone, and replace with a "wet grass" smell like Im doing something wrong in the curing process. I once heard your supposed to hang the plant directly upside down, roots and all, for up to a month before you touch it.. in a well ventilated area. I tried this once and what a nightmare it was trying to clip off all those little fan leaves after they dried out. If anyone has any advice or methods they prefer, I'd be happy to hear. Anyway, its looking like I had a harvest of about 9-10 oz dryweight.. probably leaning towards a light 9 after all is said and done. Not bad, but I was hoping for something closer to 4 from each plant. Hopefully I'll nail that with my BPN grow. pics up in a few. smoke report in a few more. :)

Back
Top Bottom