Seven Pounds Of Marijuana Found In Mail

420 Warrior

Inspectors at the local U.S. post office suspecting a package contained illegal drugs were right.

They found seven pounds of marijuana Wednesday inside a package mailed to Rajesh R. Ramharak, 31, of 84 Front St., police Chief Joseph Massey said Thursday.

Ramharak was summonsed Thursday for trafficking in marijuana, a Class C felony, he said.

The marijuana sells for between $1,800 and $2,000 a pound on the street, he said.

Patrol Officer Duane Cloutier, who is assigned full time to the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency, went to the U.S. Post Office on College Avenue early Wednesday to meet with postal inspectors, Massey said.

"He (Cloutier) suspected drugs were in the package so he called for a Maine State Police trooper with a drug-sniffing dog," Massey said.

"They opened the package that was tightly wrapped in plastic Saran wrap – layers of it – and between the layers there was what they believed to be mustard," he said.

The mustard may have been placed there in an attempt to mask the odor of marijuana, according to Massey.

"When they opened it, they found seven individually-wrapped Baggies that contained marijuana, so there were seven pounds. Each one was about a pound."

Inspectors held the package; Ramharak called the post office to ask if a package for him had arrived and was told it had, according to Massey.

When Ramharak went there and picked up the package, officers followed him into the parking lot, confronted him and questioned him extensively, he said. Police let him go, but he knew he would be summonsed, Massey said.

They did not arrest him because there were children in the car, and police knew he lived locally, according to Massey.

At around 9 a.m. Thursday, Cloutier went to Ramharak's home and summonsed him for trafficking in marijuana.

He is scheduled to appear in Kennebec County Superior Court in Augusta at 8:30 a.m. June 12.

Massey said the marijuana came from out-of-state. He said it is too early to say whether there will be more arrests made in the case.
He commended Cloutier and the postal inspectors for their work on the case.

"I think it just goes to show the magnitude of the drug problem, not only in our community but in communities across the state and across the country," Massey said. "It comes on the heels of the recent robbery of the CVS pharmacy where a quantity of Oxycodone pills were taken."

Massey said police are barraged by an influx of drugs and the different ways people acquire them.

"It just becomes overwhelming sometimes to try to keep a handle on the amount of drugs that come into the city and that are used for illegal purposes," he said.

"We're ever vigilant. We keep about two full time folks just doing drug work and I could use five."

The MDEA reimburses Waterville police for Cloutier's wages, according to Massey.

pot_bust_Photo250.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Morning Sentinel
Author: Amy Calder
Copyright: ©2012 MaineToday Media, Inc.

First of all, it's hard to stuff a pound into a single gallon baggie, so that just can't be 7 pounds if that picture is of the product that was sent. Secondly...well, poor packing skills. Thirdly...

Massey said police are barraged by an influx of drugs and the different ways people acquire them.

"It just becomes overwhelming sometimes to try to keep a handle on the amount of drugs that come into the city and that are used for illegal purposes," he said.

That's because, Mr. Massey, people have an innate understanding that whatever they do with their own minds and bodies IS NOT WRONG, THEREFORE IT IS NOT ETHICALLY ILLEGAL NOR IS IT A CRIME.

"We're ever vigilant. We keep about two full time folks just doing drug work and I could use five."

The MDEA reimburses Waterville police for Cloutier's wages, according to Massey.

Here we have it--the Feds PAY for every bust. Wouldn't that be both a bribe and a bounty? They pay for every child "saved" (taken away from their families) as well. Is this not abduction? Every state and county and all of their officials are on the dole from the Feds to go against the will of the people of those states who have mmj laws in place. Do they not see the *crimes* the Federal government commits against its own people, or is it too gift wrapped and candy coated for them to see?

Wake up, Waterville. Don't stand for this.

And lastly...
"I think it just goes to show the magnitude of the drug problem, not only in our community but in communities across the state and across the country," Massey said. "It comes on the heels of the recent robbery of the CVS pharmacy where a quantity of Oxycodone pills were taken."

Mr. Massey, it goes to show the magnitude of people who use drugs to feel better. Ask yourself, why is that a crime? And then ask yourself--what is it that is making all of these people feel badly enough or hurt enough to turn to drugs for relief in the first place?
This is the thing that most needs to be discovered and addressed, not the criminalization and incarceration of anyone that uses drugs to feel better.

Begs the question--WHY do the Feds not want us to be healthy and feel good? Clearly they rabidly attack our individual sovereign rights by denying our freedom to do whatever we want with our own minds and bodies and go against the very grain of the populace that they serve, and underhandedly PAYING state entities to carry out their will against us.

And as far as that CVS Pharmacy that lost all the Oxycodones...is it 1000ft away from a school or any other place children congregate? God knows the little children are in danger if it is...

:peace:

Drugs are chemicals made by man and assembled in a factory. Marijuana is crafted by the hand of God. Seems to me that there is a HUGE difference between what man can do and what God does!! god is perfect, man is not. Man made beer, God made pot!

I agree with the others here but sending mj threw the mail and using your own home addresses is stupid and just asking to get busted.:loopy:

Flip

Amazed that someone would even attempt to mail that much through the mail. I remember mailing something to someone back in the day. I was paranoid as hell about that. But it just goes to show how much nerve some people have. I never heard of masking the smell with mustard though, that kinda made me laugh. It's a shame what we have to go through to get our meds.

First of all, it's hard to stuff a pound into a single gallon baggie, so that just can't be 7 pounds if that picture is of the product that was sent. Secondly...well, poor packing skills. Thirdly...

Na, my friend...just a stock pic I had for showing a poorly done "Bust" pic...lol

Some of these articles don't have pics attached in with them, so I have to improvise these things sometimes...ya' know?

coffee beans > mustard

Oh excuse my ignorance. I was thinking actual mustard. I was trying to wrap my brain around how that would work...lol...So now dogs can smell past the coffee or trained to smell for coffee? I am sure there has to be a million others ways but I am amazed by people's creativity. For the record, I don't approve of smuggling in any way shape or form...

If a certain dog has made busts before that contained coffee beans as a masking agent it would probably pick up on it, but they are not trained to find them and they act as a good masking agent for shipping but i'd say its still a 50/50 chance even with the beans

Na, my friend...just a stock pic I had for showing a poorly done "Bust" pic...lol

Some of these articles don't have pics attached in with them, so I have to improvise these things sometimes...ya' know?

LOL! Right on. :thumb:

Artistic license and all that aside, if the guy really packed it wrapped in layers of plastic wrap and mustard, that's about what I'd expect to see inside, so you done good in your improvising. :bravo:

LOL! Right on. :thumb:

Artistic license and all that aside, if the guy really packed it wrapped in layers of plastic wrap and mustard, that's about what I'd expect to see inside, so you done good in your improvising. :bravo:

lol, thanks my friend...I try?

For me, it's more to do with the subject matter than the picture attached, although some pics are better than others and some of them, kind of tell the story just by looking at it, so I try to fit the pic with the story as much as possible, all be it, admittedly, some stories are easier to match a picture to than others...But I do try and make them match up, if at all possible. ;) :high-five:

For the record, I don't approve of smuggling in any way shape or form...

Although I'm with you on the smuggling thing? I have to throw it out there that without it, there would be no Cannabis to be had by most people in non-mmj states.

It's a necessary evil, that's a direct result of an unnecessary war on a plant!

It's THEIR "Drug War", not OURS! It's THEIR failed policy that's gotten us in this mess to begin with! WE are just the victims of their wrath!

Although I'm with you on the smuggling thing? I have to throw it out there that without it, there would be no Cannabis to be had by most people in non-mmj states.

It's a necessary evil, that's a direct result of an unnecessary war on a plant!

It's THEIR "Drug War", not OURS! It's THEIR failed policy that's gotten us in this mess to begin with! WE are just the victims of their wrath!

Well said I agree THEY only want us to use things that cause death and pain because that way BIG PHARMA that has got Washington wrapped around its pill theory like something that man can make is better than what we already have been provided can suck more money out of our pockets than just about any other product produced!!!

I'm shocked, not a single "thats where my package went!" post.

You know, I always hear about people mailing cannabis and shtuff... The idea freaks me out. I'm shocked that seeds make it half the time!

It's probably a lot safer than I think... But I'm a worry-er.

Back
Top Bottom