Severe CRPS - Need help with strains

Bluenoser

I suffer from severe CRPS (Chronic regional pain syndrome) and I am in constant agonizing pain in many parts of my body.
I am a cancer survivor (4 years clear from testicular cancer now), have degenerative disk disease in my back and neck, have a brain injury, arthritis, need a hip replacement, some kind of auto-immune disease, the list goes on.

I've been a medical cannabis patient since 20121, and I still cannot find a strain that I think really helps me. It seems hopeless at times, and I've been suicidal many times in the past.

I'm currently on high dose morphine several times daily, but it really doesn't help completely, it just allows me to move, that's all.

At this point, I've experimented enough to know what helps, and what doesn't, but I've still never found that "magical" strain, and have no idea what terpenes I would need to make a profile for my needs.

I was growing my own legally, but had to stop back in 2014 when the Canadian government decided in all their wisdom to save us from the dangers of growing our own. Gimme a break.

My main problem is that I am extremely sensitive to THC, and it does not take much to make me freak out with a panic attack, or give me anxiety, so I have a hard time taking stuff like Rick Simpson oil, or any potent edibles or extracts.

I do take RSO oil daily, but in small doses, and I do take CBD oil, but again, it doesn't seem to be the magic pill so to speak.

I'm waiting for my grow license again (finally), but have been waiting since last April, so hopefully it will be approved soon.

In the mean time, I'm wondering if any of you out there have experience with this condition, and my situation, and might be able to suggest a strain that would help me, or even a combination of strains.

The only thing I have not tried yet is the pure CBD isolate stuff, it's all very expensive, and being on a limited disability income I can't afford alot, which is why I cannot wait to grow again.

Hey Blue, I would check with a user named SweetSue. She is a very gifted grower and has a cookie, oil or balm or whatever recipe one may need, as well as the knowledge to lead you to a strain. As for a magical strain, I don't know man. You are asking a lot. I've been treating pain caused by Hemophilia realated injuries for quite a few years now and find that natural or not, things only take the edge off. I like how with cannabis, I am not a zombie and can go accomplish my long list of to do's and want to do's. I keep the second list longer. I know this helps very little, but what helped me was to realize that pain is a beautiful part of life that you must make peace with and embrace. I know it sounds crazy but it makes everything mean more. Cannabis is there to aid you in your fight to maintain your own personality and integrity. However, I just had some Green Crack CBD that was 10%THC and 10% CDB and it really helped an overworked joint that keeps giving me trouble. It took the edge off nicely so I was able to play in the tent for a few minutes longer than I might have otherwise. Always a good thing. I hope you find something, and if by chance you do find that magical strain, PLEASE!!! Let a guy know ya? Welcome to 420 and if you need any support in your grow, I'll help you or turn you on to better folks who will too. Peace

Thanks for the uplifting words, and the referral to Sue, I appreciate that :)

I guess to really simplify things, I'm just looking for something that won't make me anxious, or stoned, and will take away my pain.

This is purely medicinal, not recreational in any way, I actually don't like being stoned on anything.

I just want off these pills once and for all and be able to function in my daily life.

Right now, I'm struggling to call myself anything but useless.

I did the same thing. I refuse to take any pills now. I'll take the first couple IV meds they'll give me after surgeries, but after that, I am sneaking outside the hospital, chiefin' one on the side of the building watching security look for me. Lucky for you there are 100% CBD extracts and high CBD strains that you can exploit yourself. Check out Seedsman, Barney Seeds, AMS Seeds and if you click the sponsors link, there are a bunch of seed companies, one of them that I can't remember right now is marketing themselves as medical seeds. The strain hunt can get overwhelming. This site was down for a facelift for a couple of days and I spent them searching for Forbidden Fruit seeds, with no luck. I was blown away at how many CBD strains are out there. Even since I joined on here in October, there are WAY more CBD strains than there were 6 months ago. A seed exploded and the shrapnel was a billion different CBD strains. Shit, it must have just happened a few minutes ago too.LOL

Also, if you get anxiety with THC, you'll probably want to stay away from quite a few Sativa strains. Seeds that are described as energetic and alert tend to be the ones that have sent my anxiety sensitive friends into panic attacks. They tend to increase your heart rate and on lucky days, you can get that tunnel vision. I like that feeling personally, but know I am dating myself on an island there.

Also, if you get anxiety with THC, you'll probably want to stay away from quite a few Sativa strains. Seeds that are described as energetic and alert tend to be the ones that have sent my anxiety sensitive friends into panic attacks. They tend to increase your heart rate and on lucky days, you can get that tunnel vision. I like that feeling personally, but know I am dating myself on an island there.

Yeah, I hate the racing heart feeling, it sux.
I find that CBD strains I've tried, like the one from Cannimed don't seem to do anything for the pain, and the THC strains make me anxious, and really uncomfortable feeling.

Immediately all the bad things in my life start coming into my mind and I don't like that. Weed is supposed to relax you and calm you, but it does not seem to do that with me.

The Cannimed 1:20 CBD oil doesn't seem to really do anything, I don't notice any pain reduction, and the dried cannibis from them 1:13 which is 0.7%THC 13%CBD also does not seem to have any real effect on my severe pain.

This is why I am wondering if there are any particular strains of CBD that might work for me, once I get my grow license.

Is it possible that I just need a huge dose of CBD, or even possible that it just won't help some people with their pain like myself?

Do any of you know about Dinamed CBD by Dinafem?

Someone here locally recommended them to me, and I am wondering if any of you know about them, and what results you have had.
This is their promo video.

I haven’t tried Dinamed but I’ve grown a number of their indicas and they breed very high quality strains.

Thanks for the reply Penny, I appreciate your input :)

I'm guessing that their other strains are just popular mainstream genetic strains crossed with something to give them high CBD as well as having THC?

How do you create a profile of terpenes that are right for you, and how do you find a plant with those profiles?

I can't help you there blue, I am only on my second grow and I tend to lean towards Sativas. I like to race. I did just smoke some Green Crack CBD that was awesome on my pain and no race track there. Look in to that one. Still has THC though.

Thanks for your advice, your right, i really have no interest in getting high, just getting rid of my pain so I can get on with my life again.
It's good to know that others are having pain relief from cannabis.
:)

Blue, how do you take your cannabis?
I've got this coming to me in that when I have enough material I am supposed to be taking 80mg THC daily (this for cancer, not pain) - but so as to avoid the side effects (I'm not an experienced user) I am advised to take most of it at night, so I sleep through it, and rely more on CBD during the day. That is taking it under the tongue. However on here, the advice is to try suppositories in the form of biobombs (Sweet Sue will keep you right on this if you want to try!) so you get the medicinal effects without the high.

I am certainly going to try the biobombs as I would feel happier not having such a long gap between doses of THC; I suppose this would also be appropriate for pain relief.
Presently I am buying in CBD rather than growing - I have found that the CBDa oils rather than the straight CBD have noticeable effects - I was getting numb tingly feet from chemotherapy - nerve damage - not really painful but disturbing - it switched off immediately when I tried commercial CBDa gel capsules. The CBDa seemed to do something to my blood flow - old wounds and bruises went bright red, broke up and vanished. Don't know if this would be good for actual pain or not; I suppose it depends on what is causing it.
It is expensive, though. Just bought next month's supply and am now skint.
If you are buying it might be worth asking for free samples before committing - I was given some and it was surprising how different the different products were.

Back
Top Bottom