Shall I flush now

SmokeyB

Should I flush bin flowering about 5 6 weeks but was ment to be auto so vegged for 11 to 12 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_20201009_090916.jpg
    IMG_20201009_090916.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201009_090851.jpg
    IMG_20201009_090851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20201009_090837.jpg
    IMG_20201009_090837.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
Flushing.... we get lots of questions on this,

Flushing can clear the soil or media of built up chemical salts or nutrients. Some nutrient companies suggest flushing the media before harvest for better uptake of nutrients in the final push to ripen, but after flushing they recommend feeding nutrients to the plant so that it finishes strong. There is no reason to starve a plant as its trying to build buds.

But flushing to improve taste or to remove nutrients from your buds...... well that’s a myth. Here’s a link showing lab test results of flushed versus non flushed buds. No flush club

Flush if you like....flush if it makes you feel better... but for me bud washing is the way to go

Plant is nowhere near finished. Feed it what it needs.

Flushing.... we get lots of questions on this,

Flushing can clear the soil or media of built up chemical salts or nutrients. Some nutrient companies suggest flushing the media before harvest for better uptake of nutrients in the final push to ripen, but after flushing they recommend feeding nutrients to the plant so that it finishes strong. There is no reason to starve a plant as its trying to build buds.

But flushing to improve taste or to remove nutrients from your buds...... well that’s a myth. Here’s a link showing lab test results of flushed versus non flushed buds. No flush club

Flush if you like....flush if it makes you feel better... but for me bud washing is the way to go
Bud washing??

Feed till the chop everything else is false information cannabis plants are hyperaccumulators they store there metals and whatever they take up permanently no matter how much plain water you give to starve them before you chop.
Will do cheers it's looking bit more green now aswelli had to water for week an bit waiting for more nutes as ran out that maybe why yellowing of leaves but I'm taking the really yellow ones of

There’s a whole long thread dedicated to it.... but the first post describes the technique. Heres link Bud washing follow this link and click on page #6 and scroll down to post 115 to see the pics of nasty water after washing. No matter if grown indoors or outside you will be amazed at how much junk washes off your plant. This is especially useful if you’ve sprayed anything on the plant as foliar or for pests

Thoroughly wash out 3 buckets to be super clean, fill each bucket with 5 gallons of lukewarm water. As soon as you chop the plant break it down into branches. The first bucket gets 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup of baking soda, last 2 buckets are plain water of course. Dip one branch in first bucket & swirl around, then move that branch to second bucket & swirl around, then repeat in 3rd bucket

water doesn’t wash trichs off, we know rain does not hurt outdoor plants. Ever clean a pair of trim scissors? That stuff is trich glue and doesn’t wash off with water, it takes solvents like alcohol or steam to strip trichs so there’s no harm to your buds. It also helps the branches to dry and cure more evenly.

after bud washing - hang the branches 4 hours out of direct sunlight, keep fan blowing nearby but not pointed directly at your branches. After 4 hours of hanging to drip dry process as normal

Will do cheers it's looking bit more green now aswelli had to water for week an bit waiting for more nutes as ran out that maybe why yellowing of leaves but I'm taking the really yellow ones of
Does this mean that you are taking the leaves off the plant when they start to look a bit yellow?

It is highly recommended that the leaves are left on the plant until they turn completely yellow and fall off on their own. The reasons to leave the leaves on comes up frequently. There are a few exceptions to this. Based on what you have mentioned and what the plant looks like in the first 3 photos this is not one of those exceptions.

Does this mean that you are taking the leaves off the plant when they start to look a bit yellow?

It is highly recommended that the leaves are left on the plant until they turn completely yellow and fall off on their own. The reasons to leave the leaves on comes up frequently. There are a few exceptions to this. Based on what you have mentioned and what the plant looks like in the first 3 photos this is not one of those exceptions.
Yeah when you touch an falls off if it still strong IL leave it it seemed to bit more greener now had more nutes bin starved nutes for week n bit

Ok about that flushing.... flushing is a hydro tactic that got carried over into all types of weed growing. All of my life my mother had gorgeous houseplants, dozens of varieties - none were ever flushed. Do you think large scale commercial or organic farms flush your fruits & veggies? News flash - they don’t.

But there are good potential benefits for flushing containerized cannabis plants. You can rinse built up chemical salts or nutes from soil or media, you can flush so that plants will take up nutes better in the final stretch but of course that means feeding them nutes again. There is no reason to starve a plant as it’s fighting to finish your crop.

There is scientific test results that proves flushed buds are no better than unflushed.

Open up all of the nute bottles and soil amendments and take a huge whiff. Pluck up a handful of your amended soil and smell that. All the fish ferts, bat guano, ewc and bottled billy goat balls is what your plant lived in, ate, drank etc....All of that shit was taken up by the plant into the cells for the whole duration of the grow, now tell me how rinsing the soil for 7 days is gonna change that? It can‘t

flushing does nothing for taste, it does not remove nutrients from your buds.... it can not remove nutrients from your buds. Here’s the link InTheShed No Flush and another No flush club 2

its all good man - don’t mean for this to sound harsh!

Ok about that flushing.... flushing is a hydro tactic that got carried over into all types of weed growing. All of my life my mother had gorgeous houseplants, dozens of varieties - none were ever flushed. Do you think large scale commercial or organic farms flush your fruits & veggies? News flash - they don’t.

But there are good potential benefits for flushing containerized cannabis plants. You can rinse built up chemical salts or nutes from soil or media, you can flush so that plants will take up nutes better in the final stretch but of course that means feeding them nutes again. There is no reason to starve a plant as it’s fighting to finish your crop.

There is scientific test results that proves flushed buds are no better than unflushed.

Open up all of the nute bottles and soil amendments and take a huge whiff. Pluck up a handful of your amended soil and smell that. All the fish ferts, bat guano, ewc and bottled billy goat balls is what your plant lived in, ate, drank etc....All of that shit was taken up by the plant into the cells for the whole duration of the grow, now tell me how rinsing the soil for 7 days is gonna change that? It can‘t

flushing does nothing for taste, it does not remove nutrients from your buds.... it can not remove nutrients from your buds. Here’s the link InTheShed No Flush and another No flush club 2

its all good man - don’t mean for this to sound harsh!
No worries, I understand. Growers always have been taught to flush their plants, before harvesting, which Is why a lot of growers end up doing that! They do believe flushing ends up making the buds have a better taste. I actually flush my plants at the very last week before harvest, that’s my take on It.

Hey man, I try to remember to say flush if you like but honestly I often forget to say that part, but yes everybody has their own methods & learned from different people, it’s been around for long time & will continue on. If I was hydro grower I woukd probably do it anyway he, he, he! peace out!

Flush 1 week before harvest.
The whole week before harvesting, Is straight flushing!

You mean straight watering right? Cause thats what you're doing.

Flushing is what hydro growers do when they clean out their system.

Back
Top Bottom