SheGrowsNLearns Indoor Journal #1

SheGrowsNlearns

420 Member
Strain: Dinafem Big Kush hybrid
Medium: Organic super soil 3 gallon fabric pot
Indoor 3x3x6 and 1000 full spectrum led light.

Purchased a clone and have had her 4 weeks now and at first she was growing like crazy and looked vibrant and healthy. But today I noticed her leaves starting to claw.

I’m using RO water and the RH is around 50% and temp is 20c. I have been waiting for soil to completely dry before watering. I haven’t added nutrients as this is fresh organic soil and being a noob didn’t want nutrient burn.

Anyways.. trying to figure out what has caused this and if I should worry or just watch and wait.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi! Thanks for reply! Hmm could be I let soil get too dry.. I’ve had issues with overwatering so I’m wary lol. The soil is stepwell super soil and I have some Gaia green 4-4-4 that I will eventually add or could add if needed.
:ciao: Hi Shegrows. Welcome to 420 mag! I am not expert but she looks dry and hungry to me. You say organic soil...what exactly does that mean? You will still need to give her nutrients, so if you are doing this organically then what is your plan? :welcome:

Hello and welcome , your grow looks a lot what i am doing presently ,keep your soil moist -not wet and i am using the exact same nutes also and have been for a while now it takes a while for the gia nutes to break down for the plant to use so just because you fed today don't expect results for a week or 2 from them, organic nutes are a lot slower to become available for the plant , it is hard to over feed with organic nutes but it can be done , it is is better to have a small amount of tip burn than to be under feeding your plants , i water every 2-4 days but i am in 10 gallon pots with plants about the same size as yours , since you are using r.o. water -same as me i always add about 120 ppm of calmag also - it doesn't have to be organic calmag if you cant find a organic form .just remember organic nutes take longer than chemical bottle nutes to become available for your plants .Water the whole pot not just the center of the pot where the stalk is ,this will cause the roots to search out the nutes/water causing a bigger better root ball and be sure to switch over to the gia bloom nutes when you flip to flower ,never let organic soil completely dry out the microbes in the soil need moisture to break down the nutes a little unsulphured molasses every 3 weeks helps feed the microbes also , to me it sounds like a under water issue 250 ppm and a ph of 6.2 works great .i top dress my pots weekly with a 1 oz shot glass of nutes spread out over the whole pot per plant if i start to see tip burn i stop for a week or 2 .good luck !!

I have had overwatering issues as well. Are you lifting the pot to determine if it feels light when deciding whether to water or not? That's a helpful way to determine whether it needs to be watered. What is the strain and age of your plant?
Yes I generally lift the pot and break up the top soil to check. She’s hybrid 50/50 of big skunk x og kush. I’ve had her about 4 weeks.
Hello and welcome , your grow looks a lot what i am doing presently ,keep your soil moist -not wet and i am using the exact same nutes also and have been for a while now it takes a while for the gia nutes to break down for the plant to use so just because you fed today don't expect results for a week or 2 from them, organic nutes are a lot slower to become available for the plant , it is hard to over feed with organic nutes but it can be done , it is is better to have a small amount of tip burn than to be under feeding your plants , i water every 2-4 days but i am in 10 gallon pots with plants about the same size as yours , since you are using r.o. water -same as me i always add about 120 ppm of calmag also - it doesn't have to be organic calmag if you cant find a organic form .just remember organic nutes take longer than chemical bottle nutes to become available for your plants .Water the whole pot not just the center of the pot where the stalk is ,this will cause the roots to search out the nutes/water causing a bigger better root ball and be sure to switch over to the gia bloom nutes when you flip to flower ,never let organic soil completely dry out the microbes in the soil need moisture to break down the nutes a little unsulphured molasses every 3 weeks helps feed the microbes also , to me it sounds like a under water issue 250 ppm and a ph of 6.2 works great .i top dress my pots weekly with a 1 oz shot glass of nutes spread out over the whole pot per plant if i start to see tip burn i stop for a week or 2 .good luck !!

Wow thank you for all the information! This will be really helpful and I can make adjustments.

Welcome, you'll find a world of help here. I am new as well but I found that most of my problems were from too much - too much water, nutes or just overcaring. Your plants look a little droopy. I'd flush with water only at least once using the same volume of water as the size of your pot. Then start adding your nutes again at haldf or less concentrate until you find your stride.

The good news is, you have found your tribe - Good luck!

Welcome, you'll find a world of help here. I am new as well but I found that most of my problems were from too much - too much water, nutes or just overcaring. Your plants look a little droopy. I'd flush with water only at least once using the same volume of water as the size of your pot. Then start adding your nutes again at haldf or less concentrate until you find your stride.

The good news is, you have found your tribe - Good luck!
Yes this is a great space for someone who is trying and clueless haha. Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom