Should I flush

frojobagginz

Week 8 of flower... Tricomes starting to go milky.. Hairz turning orange.. strain Grape Ape hydroponic grown.Should i flush now or wait maybe another wk

20210102_103838.jpg

20210102_103816.jpg

20210102_103806.jpg

20201230_073408.jpg

Week 8 of flower... Tricomes starting to go milky.. Hairz turning orange.. strain Grape Ape hydroponic grown.Should i flush now or wait maybe another wk

20210102_103838.jpg

20210102_103816.jpg

20210102_103806.jpg

20201230_073408.jpg
Beautiful girls yum yum. Don't mean to sound rude but why are you flushing such healthy Beautiful plants.

20210102_103838.jpg

20210102_103816.jpg

20210102_103806.jpg

20201230_073408.jpg
Feed them right up until you turn lights off for 24 hrs before harvest. Then chop.
If you were in soil or coco say and had a buildup of salts around roots you could flush 3x pot size ph water. Clean out roots before final push. But otherwise feed til harvest.

I thought flushing gave a cleaner smoke? Their is minimal nutes in the water as this is last week of nute schedule.. I was under impression to always flush.. does it not help fatten buds.. not that these beauties need as they are really dense now.

You get more reaction by sticking some pushpins thru some of the branches lower down. Flushing for finish is a bro myth, you cant flush nutrients out of your bud. The only reaction will be plants starving and feeding on itself, and it "fades" naturally using the stored energy in the leaves. Some might overreact and think they have a serious problem but it's natural. After the 12/12 flip you dont really have months to get them done, only several weeks. I'd say you can cut them now, at least the most mature parts if you have lower growth that might go another week or two. Nice stuff man, love those waves of trics on the leaves.

Yanking them down! Plants not panties lol
These being photos I'm doing some late LST and stressing them a bit. I had to tie up the cropped one, the lower branches are just filling out and losing the light dropping down. The whole thing would be less than 4 feet tall but it looks like I can grab a lot of yield out of the lowers. Progressive harvest is looking like a possibility.
Lots of great looking buds brother.

The plant takes up whatever nutrients it takes up, rinsing or soaking the roots can‘t remove nutrients from your buds. Its kinda like your hair stinks and hasn’t been washed in 3 months but you go shampoo your feet - attacking the wrong end of a problem, go for bud washing instead, also don’t know if you’ve tried it but low & slow fridge cure is incredible and simple.

heres link for low and slow curing, it’s a long thread but first page explains the process Low & slow cure

Wow congrats - that’s a real frosty beauty you’ve got there!!!

We decided to not flush.. feed minimal nutes and now in 24hr darkness.. we dry in our tent so far but after reading about the fridge method i just may do that with our next batch.. Thank you and yes they are beauties.❤

I do see flushing as more of a hydro thing anyway but yeah don’t think bathing the roots changes the buds. Member InTheShed has links on lab testing that confirms there is no difference between flushed & unflushed bud. Some are set to do it because that how they were taught, nothing wrong with that I suppose

But on the flip side - go tell an old school grower about bud washing and they are like no way water is touching MY BUDS... I laugh - ever heard of rain? It’s not like trichs are washed off by water. Ever clean your snips? You know it’s gonna take steam or solvent to wash that sticky goo off. Anyway here’s link if you are interested InTheShed see post 12685 couple down from top and follow his link

absolutely - they are gorgeous and frosty AF, yes sir - yup I’d hit that!!!

Well here is one of sticky, sugary beauties.. nice and dense.. extrely sticky..not sure if we should be drying in jars while so sticky..
20210114_082041.jpg
Beautiful looking bud. Hope your whole grow turned out that fantastic. :rollit:

Here is an updated pic.. these are the average size nugs we got with alot of very large ones.. dried weight was over 1 lb so not sure if that is good or not but hey..we are very happy.. Thank you everyone for all the info.. no flush and dried perfectly..

Resized_20210124_055850_9934.jpeg

Here is an updated pic.. these are the average size nugs we got with alot of very large ones.. dried weight was over 1 lb so not sure if that is good or not but hey..we are very happy.. Thank you everyone for all the info.. no flush and dried perfectly..

Resized_20210124_055850_9934.jpeg
Awsome brother. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom