When should I flush?

ChiBlu

Hey all. I'm in week 6 of flowering and wondering when I should flush?
Trichomes are milky. I'm waiting for full Amber tho. Another week Maybe?
So when should I flush? Going to use filtered water and molasses.

Attachments

• 20190526_191011.jpg
    20190526_191011.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 88
I feed through chop. The only time I have any bad tastes is if it dries faster than 5 days. There are many growers whom I trust completely that swear by a flush. I am not one of them.

If you’ve decided you want to flush and you want to flush for a week or two, assuming your goal is full amber. I’d wait until you see 10-20% amber trichomes then start the flush.
Just keep watering phd water until you see the % you like. 50% is what I would call max

Hunh.... I know trying too fast is bad but i like the idea of flushing in theory I guess lol. I've had some bud that tasted very chemical before. Just nasty. A flush can't hurt??

that wasnt from flushing that was from a shitty grow and then a shitty dry

Hey all. I'm in week 6 of flowering and wondering when I should flush?
Trichomes are milky. I'm waiting for full Amber tho. Another week Maybe?
So when should I flush? Going to use filtered water and molasses.

filtered water and molasses is not a flush, theres nutes in the molasses.
you are growing in soil im assuming. if youre doing an organic grow in soil (which is the type you would ideally use molasses in) you really dont need to flush.
just lower your nutes or do the molasses thing during the last 2 ish weeks of the plants life

Im with the no flushing squad too. Just feed them properly and they're sweet.
The idea of flushing baffles me.
Starving the plant during the most vital 2 weeks of the whole grow....to apparently suck nutes out of the buds but what's actually happening is the buds are sucking all the nutrients from the plants.
I don't get the logic.
Never flushed but I do massively reduce the feeds for the past 2 weeks. They almost stop absorbing nutes once they're done anyway. Can see it on the ppm meter if you grow with a reservoir.

Starving the plant during the most vital 2 weeks of the whole grow....to apparently suck nutes out of the buds but what's actually happening is the buds are sucking all the nutrients from the plants.
I don't get the logic.
Never flushed but I do massively reduce the feeds for the past 2 weeks. They almost stop absorbing nutes once they're done anyway. Can see it on the ppm meter if you grow with a reservoir.
Doesn't it have something to do with sugars?

Here is an infographic from a thesis study published by a Canadian university.
It shows the levels of "nutrients" in samples of flower from plants that were flushed, weren't flushed as well as a couple controls.
The levels in all samples were almost all exactly the same. If nothing else had, this alon would be enough to keep me from flushing. It makes no difference. Smooth smoke is a product of proper drying and curing.
Screenshot_20190522-160638_Drive.jpg

Here is an infographic from a thesis study published by a Canadian university.
It shows the levels of "nutrients" in samples of flower from plants that were flushed, weren't flushed as well as a couple controls.
The levels in all samples were almost all exactly the same. If nothing else had, this alon would be enough to keep me from flushing. It makes no difference. Smooth smoke is a product of proper drying and curing.
Screenshot_20190522-160638_Drive.jpg
Waaaaahhhhhh!!!! Someone actually proved it at last!! Thank fuck for that!!!
We can all go back to our cornflakes now. Woohoo somebody track that man down and high the fuck out of him. What a guy :)

I don't get the logic.
Yeah, you've waited 3 months, then just as it gets to the best bit you cut off its supply.

Doesn't it have something to do with sugars?
Not that im aware of mate. It's not something I've done a great deal of research on. I just feed my plants what they ask for by following the ppm of the Res as they feed. Last week you're lucky if they can take in 200ppm. They kinda do whatever it is people think you need to do by themselves anyway.
Just a natural dying process I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom