Should I grow them bigger or smaller. Which is better yield?

Rocky Balboa

I have 4 plants in veg right now. This strain is skunk 69. My plants
are about 6-7 inches tall & have been in a hydroponic setup in a 20
basket trinkle system with 20 gallon res for 2.5 weeks. Srouted from seed.
My grow room is 8X6X6 I will be running 2 X 1000W Super HPS Sunmaster Bulb in bloom with Air Cool Cylindwith Air Cool Cylinder Reflector 24". In veg now I am using 2X600 watt lights hps.

How big should I grow my four plants in the size of my grow area..
Temps are good. What kind of buckets should I use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the two 600 hps will work better.You will be able to keep the lights closer to your plants,less energy cost,and less heat.Put them in flower at about 12 to 16 inches.They should top out at 3 to 4-1/2 feet.Once you find the sex you should be down to 1-3 plants. One of the 600 hps will work just fine with that number of plants.3 to 5 gallon if they are going in to soil.

I am using Skunk 69 Feminized Seeds. Here are my plants/grow.

100_3188.JPG

100_3187.JPG

100_3186.JPG

100_3185.JPG

100_3184.JPG

I am using General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow in veg. My plants leaves have all drooped down abit today. Im not sure whats up with them. I was running 2X600 watt hps lights & decided to turn one off & just put the 4 under one of them. My temps right now are around 29-30 C When we run the dryer temps go up a few degrees usually. Abit of a pain. I bought a CO2 kit but just need to buy the tank I figured that will help. Also as I said above in Bloom I will be running 2 X 1000W Super HPS Sunmaster Bulbs with Air Cylinder & Air Cool Cylinder Reflector 24". I figure most of the heat will be gone. Atleast im hoping. Has anyone used these kind of lights with cylinders etc!

Any info would be a huge help guys as I have a serious illness & have a license via health canada. Im hoping that someday I will be able to just grow once or twice a year. I can smoke so much as 2-3 ounces a week. Smoking dope helps me fuction normally for the most part.

Thanks again

Your setup looks good.Do you check your ph and water temps of your reservoir everyday?Do you flush your system every two weeks?Let your plants grow to about 18 inches before you flower.They should top out at about 4 feet.I would use just the one 1000w hps with that number of plants.What type of fan are you using with the Air Cylinder reflector?I would use a 200 cfm or higher with one light or 400 cfm or more with the two.

Yes I check my ph & all that 2-3 times a day. I have never flushed during a grow cycle. I am DNF clear will that be ok to flush with. Also how long do I flush for & do I add anything else besides dnf clear? I will be running 2X1000 watt with air cylinder with 449cfm.

Thanks for the tips. Keep em coming.

I always flush every two weeks no matter the medium i grow in.In most cases i flush with 1/4 the strength ferts or ph adjusted water.I have only use a flushing product like Clearex on the final flush or next to last flush.With your system i would flush for one to two hours.How often do you change the water of your reservoir?Are your 600w hps air cooled too?With two 600w hps you will be able to have the lights closer,less heat and less energy then with one 1000w hps.

I usually change my res 1-2 times a week. I add fresh nuts etc everytime. My 600 watt lights are not air cooled. I get those 2x1000 lights tomorrow. But im not quite ready for bloom yet. My temps are good at around 26-27C

Any idea of how much yield I could possibly pull off? They started as seed & are skunk 69 feminized. They are supposed to be high yielders.

How hard will it be for me to pull of 4 ounces a plant from this setup if I bloom them at around 12 inches. Will be running 2x1000 watt sunmaster with air cooling cylinders. I just want to have a rough idea.

Someone help me out possibly. Thanks

What is your water temp of your reservoir?Your nutrient solution will hold less oxygen at higher temps then at lower temps.Try using the KISS method,Keep It Simple Stoner.

Back
Top Bottom