should i start flowering? 10 weeks into veg

MysticMars88

hello i have the strain Apollo Mist its a Sativa dom strain and im on 8.5-10 weeks veg on my 4 girls. they are in a 4x4x6 grow tent running off 2 90w ufos the tallest girl is at 32 inches and the shortest one is 15inches my buddy keeps telling me i should flower them before they go outta control. this is my first indoor grow ive only grown outdoor so im used to veggin out for 5-6 months i kno i cant really do that unless i top. i also believe the longer it grows the better it turns out...I do have white widow clones too that are on 3 weeks veg you'll see them in the middle let me kno what u think
0111100938-00.jpg

0111100939-00.jpg

0111100939-01.jpg

0111100940-00.jpg

0111100941-00.jpg

Re: should i start flowering??? 10 weeks into veg

Dude you need to flower those bitches. Size matters indoors (HAHAHAHAH) the plant will get too big and choke out all the other plants or worse itself. You may want to consider bending those things over. It is a simple way to control height (if you have the appropriate length) and it produces a chemical change in the plant that diverts more energy to the side shoots. basically....

Bend it over (WITHOUT SNAPPING ANYTHING).

Tie the top of the plant to a tack low in the wall, dont worry about the top it will actually turn upwards toward the light. Just be gentle.

Then lay those UFO's as close as you can without burning ANYTHING, and you should have some dank stuff to smoke. Otherwise your plant may not produce enough for your liking. I actually tie the plant and make it grow in a flat circle around the base of the pot and it grows into this squat bush (less than 2ft high) with buds poking out everywhere. This is my way of getting the most out of my lights and plants, and I think it might work well for your set up.

Best of luck anyways!

CK

Add about 2-3' for budding, e.g. you have a 6' tall tent and the ufo's + hangers are maybe 6" from top at their extreme hieght, and the plants are 32" tall now, so yeah you could switch over anytime:>)

thanks i'm getting my bloom nutes wedndesday so ill start then. and clarkkent thanks for the bending idea im gonna try it.

They will likely at least double in height when you start 12/12. Switch them asap. As they said above, you will need to do some LST/Super Cropping in order to fit them in your tent. Mine did the same. My sativa dom plants are about 5ft tall now. I should have flowered mine sooner. Good luck. It is going to be very crowded in your tent in the next couple of weeks.

just to add somethin to the rest, u may want to put em into bigger pots since they are gonna get so tall (IMO) :grinjoint:

yes brother, i made that mistake once, ugh, all that time wasted, just dont want anyone else to make it : )

its in 4.5 gal right now now. i just super cropped them and put em on 12/12. im gonna see how they turn out in 2 weeks.

Just a tip for your clones. I have read in a few threads on here that when the nodes (side branches) start to grow even instead of alternating they are ready to flower. :peace:

Hey mystic, sorry i had my info backwards. the branches start growing evenly an when they start to alternate it's ready to flower. At least thats what I have read in a few different places. If that's not right someone please correct me :peace:

its all good. im gonna post a pic tomorrow of my garden. the two girls in the back already showed some little hairs, and the yellowishness is going away. i topped the short AP and supercropped the top of all three and i now i think everything is going to do very well now i went and got a digital temp and humidity thermometer 78.6 degrees F and humidity of 46-55, also what should my temp and humidity be at sleeping hours????????????

i took some advice. i did super cropped and lowered my lights. transplanted the small girls into 3 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom