Stunted growth

eddieblock

Hi Guys. was given a few cuttings 7 weeks ago and decided to give it a go..blindly.. read up and got such contradicting advice on other forums etc..not sure what type im growing but .. purchased the kit, tent, canna a+b, cannaboost etc , HID 600w etc and gave it a go 7 weeks ago..problem is plants have had 4weeks 18/6 and last 3 weeks 12/12 and despite being green and healthy looking with a few yellow leaves (rectified by raising lights as they were too close) the tallest plant is 20inches high and the shortest is 15inches high...yet they all have small buds of about 10 plus per plant..up to 29 buds... but was expecting them by now to be about 3ft tall.. any ideas? any advice gratefully received

Hi Eddieblock.

Let me begin by welcoming you to the 420 magazine site and community of members that gathers here.

I'm sure you will find a number of people willing and interested in helping, but there is quite a bit of additional information we would need. A lot of the questions might be avoided if you could post pictures of the plants and grow area. Some additional information that would beneficial is what is the temp and humidity level in the grow tent both during light on and light off, how high/far away is the light. What type of growing medium are you using? (soil,hydro?) Did you transplant the cuttings when you received them?

I'm sure more questions will follow as additional information is provided, as I find most looking to help on this site are truly attempting to provide accurate assistance.

Be well and we'll attempt to get things sorted with your plants.

I'll give it a go , what strain?

Hi Guys. was given a few cuttings 7 weeks ago and decided to give it a go..blindly.. read up and got such contradicting advice on other forums etc..not sure what type im growing but .. purchased the kit, tent, canna a+b, cannaboost etc , HID 600w etc and gave it a go 7 weeks ago..problem is plants have had 4weeks 18/6 and last 3 weeks 12/12 and despite being green and healthy looking with a few yellow leaves (rectified by raising lights as they were too close) the tallest plant is 20inches high and the shortest is 15inches high...yet they all have small buds of about 10 plus per plant..up to 29 buds... but was expecting them by now to be about 3ft tall.. any ideas? any advice gratefully received

many thanks for the welcome...youre gonna roll your eyes but have no idea what strain..was given them via a friend of a friend..bought an kit, 1m square tent..HID 600w light, filter, exhaust etc.. transplanted them into potting soil - nutrient free...was told to water every day til run off..(since found out that not right) so watered when soil drying out ..with canna a+b 2.5mil each to 10lt water.. they look green and healthy until today when found out via internet the lights were too low so raised them to apx 4ft above which I hope will stop the odd fan leaf yellowing more.. temp in tent is 85deg f and ph was reading at 7 this morning but since flushing with plain h20 is dropping...problem is they are between 15inches and 20inches tall..and were on 18/6 for 4 weeks and now coming into the 4ft week of 12/12..but seem small to me despite lots of buds emerging on them.. attached some pics.. im greener than the plants but don't wanna be beaten on this..many thanks for your assistance and advice guys :) got pics but don't know how to upload to this thread..

bulkupload.php

really? ive 4 of them varying from 15nches to 20 inches...thought they should be far bigger by now.. as they are now nearly 7 weeks old since I got them as cuttings and only 5 weeks left until they are 12 weeks old and currently 3 weeks into the 12/12 cycle.. the facts they are budding pleases me but I see others photos and expect something much bigger at this age lol.. thanks for your reassurance tho

Hi again Eddieblock. I have to agree with Wacky Kush in that I think they look alright. There are just so many little variables that cumulatively go into the difference between a monster plant and a regular plant.

You have to remember also that most likely a lot of the pictures your seeing are posted by folks that have grown their plants in nearly ideal conditions and have enough experience in growing to push them just up to the edge of "too far". If your interested in allowing them to get larger you might consider transplanting to a larger container and switching the lights back to less than 12 hours of dark. If you do opt to transplant, I suggest using all of your container by putting enough soil so the top of the root mass is close to the top of the container.

Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom