stunted growth

shinobiganja

Im new to growing.. I was growing a blueberry plantin a spare bedroom and was 3 months into it. A cold snap hit. It never got more that about 8 inches high. Can cold weather stunt a plants growth?

Never got eight inches in 3mo before the cold snap?

If that is so, without training, that's a problem.

The cold, didn't help.

If I'm understanding correct.

After about a month if a plant is only 8 inches you have to wonder.

How old was the seed?

What kind of lights were you using?

Who was the seed bank?

What kind of strain?

What are the strain characteristics

Auto or photo? Femininized?

You could help yourself by giving more details. Unless you want this to be a fifty page thread which will stack up taller then ur plant. ;) I'm kidding with you, but really, help us help you. Plenty of people here, but being elusive isn't going to get answers or help any easier.

Fill out this form and we will narrow down everything very quickly:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

Temperature can stunt growth & would be more concerned if temp was below 16c or 60f.

How ever choice of bulb/tube & related colour spectrum might be another problem along with hanging height !

Ideal bulb spectrum for veg is 6400k (kelvin) that is the blue colour spectrum mainly... in veg plants love it...

Hanging distance is another thing where the inverse square law of light & diminishing returns over distance can effect things also, if your cfl/tubes etc are over 6 inches above plant tops i would lower them.

You might want to look through some stuff in the lighting section of the forums which may help provide greater detail.

Back
Top Bottom