Should I start flowering my White Widow?

stereo101

Hey there, I am currently growing 7 white widow plants in my closet. 4 are about 7.5 inches now and it's been 3-4 weeks since they sprouted and the 2 younder ones are about 2 weeks. They are growing under a 250w Dual Spectrum HID. Should I switch to 12/12 now from 18/6, then sex 'em and kill the dudes now or wait a while longer? The lights are on throughout the night so I can take the younger plants out in the sun in the morning until they're ready to be switched. :thanks:

April9.jpg

Re: Should I start flowering my White Widow??

How about LST the 4 older plants.
LST How to do
Intil they are all ready to flower. What is your height of your Grow Room?

Putting plants outside then putting them back into Grow Room is A great way to bring in unwanted Pests. :thedoubletake:

How about LST the 4 older plants.
LST How to do
Intil they are all ready to flower. What is your height of your Grow Room?

Putting plants outside then putting them back into Grow Room is A great way to bring in unwanted Pests. :thedoubletake:
Sorry, I actually meant to say that I would put the plants on a shelf with direct sunlight indoors. Thanks though. Does anyone else think LST is a good Idea??

ya lst is a great idea. let them veg for another 1-2 weeks then switch lighting to 12/12. if you do it now you will regret not waiting a little longer. You can check my journal to see how my girl is doing after i LST'd her (she vegged for only 4 weeks)

ya lst is a great idea. let them veg for another 1-2 weeks then switch lighting to 12/12. if you do it now you will regret not waiting a little longer. You can check my journal to see how my girl is doing after i LST'd her (she vegged for only 4 weeks)
I'm a bit nervous about bending the stems tbh... they are pretty rigid. Could i not just wait 2 weeks of growing normally then start flowering? Also, I still don't know how many females I got so I wouldn't like to waste time doing it on a male. Maybe I should wait until I take clone from a female for my next grow to try out LST.

i would top them, let em veg for another 2 weeks maybe 3 then start with the flowering

Fim the top of each plant you'l get twice the main colas, and the plant will stay shorter and bushier. If your not sure how there are a few real nice threads here on doing that .Than wait till you get some new growth after that switch to 12/12 ! :peace: It's called FIM it mainly means fuck I missed , but don't pay attention to that just snip off the main top on each right where the newest leaves are comming out ...:yummy:

ol hippy gives great advice, at least fim her if your not comfortable with bending the stems.

Ok, heres a pic of the results --- I cut lower on some of the others. Does this look right to you? I really hope I didn't F up. Thanks!

rsz_100_5374.jpg

To be honest stereo, no that does not look right, but its okay, it will all grow back....not where you cut it but around from all the other nodes. go ahead and cut that whole middle section off right above that very clear node....

That is where the cut should have been

EDIT: on second thot stereo if that is where you cut, just not low enough then great job! just go a little lower my friend

To be honest stereo, no that does not look right, but its okay, it will all grow back....not where you cut it but around from all the other nodes. go ahead and cut that whole middle section off right above that very clear node....

That is where the cut should have been

EDIT: on second thot stereo if that is where you cut, just not low enough then great job! just go a little lower my friend
Thanks, I made a cut in that position on all the plants. Now I should see growth there in less than 2 weeks, right?

No, where you cut it is now done growing. what is going to happen is the two leaves on both sides of where you made the cut will turn into stems and all the other leaves on the plant will become stems as well. Your plant will become bushier and stay shorter for just a little while (few days or just a bit more, less than a week) and then shoot up like normal again but with TWO main stems instead of one.

No, where you cut it is now done growing. what is going to happen is the two leaves on both sides of where you made the cut will turn into stems and all the other leaves on the plant will become stems as well. Your plant will become bushier and stay shorter for just a little while (few days or just a bit more, less than a week) and then shoot up like normal again but with TWO main stems instead of one.
ok. I did this on all four plants. on two of them the two stems are coming out but on the other two, the two stems are emerging and also the place i cut is growing again. I guess I didn't cut low enough.

ok. I did this on all four plants. on two of them the two stems are coming out but on the other two, the two stems are emerging and also the place i cut is growing again. I guess I didn't cut low enough.
You want to cut as low as you can but without cutting the two side branches at that node. And yes, it means you did not cut low enough if that is occurring. Just try again! no harm to plant!

You want to cut as low as you can but without cutting the two side branches at that node. And yes, it means you did not cut low enough if that is occurring. Just try again! no harm to plant!
Thanks. Here are some pics for you to check out. I think I may have cut a bit too low on some, but they are nice and bushy. Would you say I should wait one more week to start flowering?

100_5379apr16_3_Medium_.JPG

100_5379apr16_1_Medium_.JPG

100_5379apr16_2_Medium_.JPG

100_5379apr16_4_Medium_.JPG

100_5379apr16_6_Medium_.JPG

100_5379apr16_5_Medium_.JPG

ya those look good stereo, good job. If i were you stereo, i would wait a week if you have the patience. the longer the veg time the bigger yield you will end up with... so yes, wait if you can. But also know, they are ready to be flowered if you choose not to wait.

Back
Top Bottom