Should I transplant or start over?

havoksgrow

This is my first grow, found a few seeds in our bud so my friend and I are trying to get a few grams out of them to cover the costs of the setup. My seeds were planted on Christmas and on newyears into a soil intended for mature plants. The first sprout started to instantly burn up when it was like 1/4 inch tall so I put it in new soil for violets and planted the second seed.

Now the plants are 2-3 inches tall, 2.5-3 weeks old with about 4 nodes each.
The plants have some purple stems, the leaves are kind of dark green with some lime green spots near the points of the leaves. Some leaves are slightly folding in like a taco. just the other day the original sprout leaves started to burn up and the tips on two of my leaves are now yellow and brown.

My question
Im pretty sure its a nutrient problem due to the unknown soil so should I just buy some new plane soil and transplant them or try to fix it with nuitrents if we can pinpoint the issue?
Would transplanting into new soil be to risky since they are still young and are already stunted. Or is it about time to transplant them into bigger pots anyway.

Im growing in a 2 foot closet, planted in redsolo cups with drain holes. 2 23 watt 6400k color cfls about 2 inches from the plants. and a computer fan.
First few waterings were with tap water but now im using distilled water for the past week and a bit.

Here are some pics
20140118_015229.jpg
20140117_195245.jpg

The small yellow leaves in your photograph are cotyledon leaves. your Cotyledon leaves are being used as food for your plant and signify you can start adding 1/4 strength nutrients to your plant. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. What are you adjusting your pH to?

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

The water is around 6.5-6.8
Im worried about adding in 1/4 nutes since I dont know whats in my soil and in case it makes the burning on my leaves worse.
3 of the true leaves have small yellow/brown burns on the tips.

Id assume the roots are nearing the edge of the pot by now, maybe it would be best to transfer into something bigger with name brand soil like fox?

The Schultz liquid plant food I do not believe it contains enough calcium for cannabis, does it list a product ingredients or composition on the back of the container? When I transplant I usually use pH adjusted water when I transplant to moisten the soil and then back to using nutrients the next feeding and on.

Here is a nutrient guide that may help you

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Back
Top Bottom