Should you FIM a chronic plant?

Might I ask are you sure you don't mean autoflowering plants? If your growing autos they have a set lifespan. Soon as the seed is germinated you have about 2-3 weeks of veg until it automatically progresses in to flower, produced buds and dies. If you conducted FIM or Topping to an auto the resultant stress will stall the plants growth. And given that the plan is on a strictrain time frame that would definitely reduce yields yeah.

You can however perform LST. (Low stress training) That's where you tie the plant down with ties or Scrog(Screen of Green) so it's literally bent in half. That turns side branches and nodes to develop new bud sites that eventually become the main colas. This won't slow the progress of your auto. If your new to growing it is highly recomended to start on normall Photoperiod seeds. They areally much more forgiving and if you over watering or over fert which let's face it your going to. Then you've got the time necessary to catch up on growth before you flip to flower. Autos are also more prone to hermaphroditing which is easier at inducing than you think.

Best of luck!

Jari

Yeah i heard fimming on autos is a worse move than topping. Usually photoperiods fimming and lst work great together. Note that fimming is not as consistent as topping apparently.

If you are growing autos you should consider topping and lst.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers for the input lads but it definitely not an auto 100% I was not sure about fim or topping after hearing stories of stunted growth and yeild but seeing as it's not an auto would would it be worth a shot ? Think I should just let the baby's do their magic

Yeah fimming is worth a shot if u r willing to look over the inconsistency fimming brings in terms of yields. With sucess it ll be rewarding but i d say success with fimming you need good experience with plants and nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use lst and hst with great success. at 6 nodes tall, pinch main stem after 3rd node and bend it in half slowly then tie it down. The new shoots below will take off. Tie them down also once they have grown out enough. Then, once it grows another few nodes on the main stem pinch again and bend it in half and tie down. Lst new shoots again and old to keep them close to same level. After that I nip the top growth to create two tops and tie them down as well. By this time you have a very very nice bush. This is done in about 1.5 months for me in dwc. The yield is great. I pulled around 8 oz from 5 plants under 700 watts of cfls lol. Was my first grow. I just got me a 600w hps though so I'm expecting double if not more this time around I'm hoping. I've got one at 2 months old and 4 at 3 weeks. Gomma have a monster :D

Back
Top Bottom