Should you keep pollinated plants separate from your grow?

UglyMuppet

if i were to pollinate one of my plants in my aero/dwc hydro system, should i move the pollinated plant to another area? i would isolate the male for sure, but am i running the risk of pollinating the whole crop by keeping the pollenated female in with the other girls? i am planning on pollinating a few buds on one of my best plants in my next grow to produce some seed for future grows. is there any risk in cross pollination with the other females?

I believe the moment of brushing on the pollen is the only risky time.
I am just about to do this. several strains.
I love 2 plants that are just perfect Indicas in my Aero rail hydro system. mostly, just want the seeds as a back up plan.
I plan to bag the branches with a paper bag cover for a couple of days to let the pollen settle in .
I have read you can wash down the ajacent areas with spray bottle of plain H2o to Knock down the possible pollen floating around.

Want to pollinate a favourite feminized type..but only a couple buds..then leave in the bloom room with other plants.
I have colloidal silver , so would like to produce more seeds for myself…..I’ve pollinated one plant in a bloom area, but never part of a plant and in the main bloom area.
I like seed grown plants better than clones..symmetrical grow
Is this possible ?
Do I need to cover the pollinated buds with anything to prevent cross pollination of other types?

Back
Top Bottom