Florushingflowers

I'm worried about this gal, she looks as if she's not recovering at all. My personal thoughts were that she had slight nutrient toxicity and under watered. I've now corrected this and a week later seems to be no recovery or uplifting. Expert diagnosis on what this looks to you will be much appreciated.
Thanks all!

Attachments

• received_400567017439327.jpeg
    received_400567017439327.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 286
  • received_331625651032090.jpeg
    received_331625651032090.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 321
Ok looking at the photo my first impression was perhaps over watering and I didn't see any discolored leaves indicating any deficiencies or nutrient burn. I am a soil grower and do mix in coconut coir into my mix, but am not experienced in coco only growing. I do know that coco is buffered with dolomite lime which balances the ph and in time that washes out and some times growers need to add more buffering into the coco. But I cant say that is what is your issue, sorry. I think you should look up the 420 member emilya she has much more experience with coco and has written numerous tutorials with links to them on her pages. best wishes to my friend.

Ok looking at the photo my first impression was perhaps over watering and I didn't see any discolored leaves indicating any deficiencies or nutrient burn. I am a soil grower and do mix in coconut coir into my mix, but am not experienced in coco only growing. I do know that coco is buffered with dolomite lime which balances the ph and in time that washes out and some times growers need to add more buffering into the coco. But I cant say that is what is your issue, sorry. I think you should look up the 420 member emilya she has much more experience with coco and has written numerous tutorials with links to them on her pages. best wishes to my friend.
There is yellowing on the fan leaves which are unclear in the photos, probably because I've cut back on the nitrogen due to the leaves clawing they don't seem to be responding to anything I try fixing so frustrating! Thanks for your imput, I'll be sure to be looking into emilya

There is yellowing on the fan leaves which are unclear in the photos, probably because I've cut back on the nitrogen due to the leaves clawing they don't seem to be responding to anything I try fixing so frustrating! Thanks for your imput, I'll be sure to be looking into emilya
I am doing my first coco grow, also in smart pots, and really struggled with the transition from soil.

1. The plants were small and over time my light small feeds built up salt in the soil. It didn’t help that it was hot and the smart pots dried quickly
  2. When I saw deficiencies I added more nutes, cal mag etc. - no surprise it got worse.

I got some advice from experts here (@Mr. Krip @mr.sauga) and prepared a large drink of mild (EC 1/2 recommended) balanced and pHed (nutes, micro nutes & cal mag).

I could have flushed with pHed water but the nutes are easier than messing with pH up and down.

I watered 3 times in total over about 30 minutes and measured EC of run off (10-20%) each time:
1.4 - about right for the time of life cycle
Run off pH was about right at 6 too.

I was also told to keep the top of the coco dark and that it was hard to over water.

Recovery was rapid and she exploded!
Didn’t stop her sister’s leaves looking like cabbage though.

Good luck and hope this helps

Is that an auto? She looks kind of small to be in flower. What are your temps & RH? It looks like your RH may be too low or possibly temps too high. If environmentals are OK, I would look at a possible root issue (like root rot from when it was over-watered) and make sure there are no fungus gnats and add an additive like a DM Zone or Hygrozyme to try to stimulate root growth.

Great feedback thankyou! She is an autoflower and clearly growth has been stunted. Temps are at a constant 26 degrees Celsius, I was having difficulty raising the RH above 35% but with my new inline fan and fresh air it seems to be avaraging 41%. I have just purchased hygrozyme, thankyou

*update* issue for the overwatered like symptoms were simply nitrogen deficiency thus the yellowing of bottom fan leaves and also stunted growthI flushed, fed 600ppm and corrected runoff ph from what was found to be 6.5 to 5.8 and attached a photo, looking lots happier

Attachments

• received_1323585177780559.jpeg
    received_1323585177780559.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 251
Back
Top Bottom