Sick Seedlings! Curling Leaves and Brown Spots. Help Appreciated!

Hi,

I've got 4 danky bagseed seedlings going that are about 2 weeks old. They are under a 430w T5 in FFOF soil. Temp is in the 65-70 degree range, and 50-65% humidity.

2 days ago I noticed some claw-like leaf curling. Today, it has progressed to crispy brown spots spreading on the leaves. I'm not sure what the culprit is!

I've also got a journal going on this...you can click the Lavender 2010 link in my signature to take you there.

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

CanonRebel_0561.PNG

CanonRebel_057.PNG

Re: Sick Seedlings! Curling Leaves and Brown Spots...Help Appreciated!!

Not sure but your temps are to low if its only reaching 70 lights on!
It should be more like 75 to 80 lights on and around 65 lights off, your plant also looks over watered.

Re: Sick Seedlings! Curling Leaves and Brown Spots...Help Appreciated!

Thanks for the reply Dean!

Yea, the temps are a bit low, but I am positive it's not an over-watering issue, if anything I've been letting the soil get too dry (feels super light when I pick up the pot) between waterings.

could it be an under-watering issue?

Simply put, you are burning them up with that FFOF.

It's way too hot for seedlings.

Got any un nuted soil you can put them in? Any sort of seedling mix should work.

DD

Thanks Droops,

they've recovered nicely since then. I gave them a nice flush of water and they showed serious signs of improvement within 24 hours. I guess I'll make an adjustment for next time!

Peace!

i always use ffof to sprout my seeds, never had that kind of issue. shouldnt make statements like that.

Simply put, you are burning them up with that FFOF.

It's way too hot for seedlings.

Got any un nuted soil you can put them in? Any sort of seedling mix should work.

DD
Right on Dog, way to go with the good advice! I would use a soiless mix for seedlings and would not feed them for the first month or so. I use Pro-Mix which has a slight amount of nutes inherently, enough to sustain seedlings for a short time. I do not use seeds but instead prefer cloning, either way they both need TLC the first few weeks but very easy on the nutes...:smokin:
p.s The TLC goes all the way to the end...:roorrip:

i always use ffof to sprout my seeds, never had that kind of issue. shouldnt make statements like that.
Each strain is different and have different levels of tolerance to certain factors and as such, different reactions to those factors. FFOF may be fine for what you are doing but may be to much for somebody else's babies. A soiless mix is just a safer bet and more of an "umbrella" mix that can be used for any strain to begin with and you could always amend it. Just a thought...:smokin:

Hi,

I've got 4 danky bagseed seedlings going that are about 2 weeks old. They are under a 430w T5 in FFOF soil. Temp is in the 65-70 degree range, and 50-65% humidity.

2 days ago I noticed some claw-like leaf curling. Today, it has progressed to crispy brown spots spreading on the leaves. I'm not sure what the culprit is!

I've also got a journal going on this...you can click the Lavender 2010 link in my signature to take you there.

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

CanonRebel_0561.PNG

CanonRebel_057.PNG
The "crispy" brown spots are Neucrotic tissue meaning dead, and will not "revive"...:smokin:

The "crispy" brown spots are Neucrotic tissue meaning dead, and will not "revive"...:smokin:

Yup, those leaves definitely are not going to be repairing themselves...but all the new growth is looking lush green and healthy!:cool:

Thanks everyone!

Yup, those leaves definitely are not going to be repairing themselves...but all the new growth is looking lush green and healthy!:cool:

Thanks everyone!

That's what counts, healthy new growth.:cheer:

I make my own soiless mix, very similar to Pro Mix. In fact, the peat moss is from the same company. Didn't know it till I saw a blurb for ProMix on the back of the bale.

DD

Back
Top Bottom