Sketchy?

JamesF

Ok so im 18 years old and i know i could get a card if i wanted to.living right next to berkeley it would be easy,but i wouldnt get a card just to use pot recreationaly.
2 years ago i had to start taking zoloft.if you dont know,its treated for anti depression as well as anxiety.i was never depressed but i would get soooo anxius(spelling) and when that happened i would puke my brains out or have the runs.now the zoloft helps but after taking it for two years it doesnt do anything.it worked with the anxiety but now i get extremely snappy and it takes almost nothing to piss me off.if someone leaves a sock in my room i will flip a bitch and its almost uncontrollable.
i guess i am going to ask to be taken off of zoloft soon,would it be worth for me to get a card?i dont want to abuse the program and i feel that the cards should be for the sick and ill,would i get shady lookes and harassment for being young?meaning the people inside the clubs.i dont want them thinking im going to deal the medicine and try to get me in trouble.and can my regular doctor who i go to for physicals and stuff write me a recommendation?just a thought.thanks

JamesF said:
Ok so im 18 years old and i know i could get a card if i wanted to.living right next to berkeley it would be easy,but i wouldnt get a card just to use pot recreationaly.
2 years ago i had to start taking zoloft.if you dont know,its treated for anti depression as well as anxiety.i was never depressed but i would get soooo anxius(spelling) and when that happened i would puke my brains out or have the runs.now the zoloft helps but after taking it for two years it doesnt do anything.it worked with the anxiety but now i get extremely snappy and it takes almost nothing to piss me off.if someone leaves a sock in my room i will flip a bitch and its almost uncontrollable.
i guess i am going to ask to be taken off of zoloft soon,would it be worth for me to get a card?i dont want to abuse the program and i feel that the cards should be for the sick and ill,would i get shady lookes and harassment for being young?meaning the people inside the clubs.i dont want them thinking im going to deal the medicine and try to get me in trouble.and can my regular doctor who i go to for physicals and stuff write me a recommendation?just a thought.thanks

Far be it for me to recommend anything but may I?

GET OFF THAT ZOLOFT!

Now, if your MD won't hook you up just get an MD in the Bay Area that will.. they're some listed on 420med.com.

yeah, I respect that you want to be taken off that shit for marijuana, and I'm sure any respectable doctor would be open to it.

James, keep in mind that you are a Californian. It's perfectly acceptable to ask your doctor about medical marijuana and not be wrong or embarassed, even if you only have a HANG NAIL. Now, certainly a reputable doctor wouldnt recomend marijuana for a hang nail, but you still have the RIGHT to ask under our laws. Never feel ashamed or embarassed because your dissability might not be as severe as others who use medical marijuana. Pain is relative to the person experiencing it. I've had people tell me that my dissability doesnt sound "so bad". Well fuck them. Let someone live in my shoes for a day and let them say that. Same with you. Your pain is to be judged by YOU, no one else. You are the only person qualified to diagnose the level of pain you are experiencing.
For what it's worth, I think you are an IDEAL candiadte for medical marijuana. If marijuana genuinly helps relieve the symptoms you get, then by all means, get a recomendation. It doesnt matter that you're only 18. I got my degenreative corneal disease at age 21, and I most likely had it years before that, I just wasnt diagnosed with it until 21. Age isnt a factor in dissability, only to the ignorant (not you, the idiots who make comments about being sdisabled at such a young age) :) As long as you have medical documentation to back up your claims, no one will hasstle you at a dispensary for being 18. They will simply want to see your dotors recomendation, and they will not ask you about your dissability or (if they haev any sort of decency) comment on your age.
Good luck!
-PM

purplemonkey, is there an age limit though? like do you have to be 18 or older for a card, or can a kid get one legitimately?

Stoobie said:
purplemonkey, is there an age limit though? like do you have to be 18 or older for a card, or can a kid get one legitimately?

Here's some info from the MMP ID Card Program.. child of SB420 and grand- child of Prop 215 (what our California medical pot laws are based on):

"A government-issued photo identification card of the person
and of the designated primary caregiver, if any. If the applicant is
a person under 18 years of age, a certified copy of a birth
certificate shall be deemed sufficient proof of identity."

"If the person is less than 18 years of age, the county health department or its designee shall also contact the parent with legal authority to make
medical decisions, legal guardian, or other person or entity with
legal authority to make medical decisions, to verify the information. "

CA Codes(hsc:11362.7-11362.83)
https://dhs.ca.gov/mmp/Legislative_History/Links/H&S_Code_11362.74.htm

So one may safely assume that anyone, any age may get a patient's ID card and use MMJ. If you read further, the caregiver must be at least 18 years of age.

Hope this helps.. good luck. :peace:

hey pinch-does zoloft really kill?i know it makes some people suicidal.i was pretty much forced to start taking it when i was 16 and now that im on my own i want to get off of any pills.

now that im on my own i want to get off of any pills.
My girlfriend was in the same boat my friend. She was on prozac and it noticeably altered her personality. SHe had been on it a long time, and when she moved out she began reducing her intake until she no longer took the pill (Your body grows dependant on the chemicals you put into it, it may NOT be healthy to suddenly STOP taking your zoloft, I'd consult a doctor first). She uses marijuana to relieve her symtoms, although does not have a doctors recomendation.
As pinch said, 18 and over can get the recomendation no problem, under 18 is a bit more of a process. Don't feel embarrased at all. If marijuana helps you function in the world, and its legal for you to use it, then stand tall and exercise your rights by persuing that avenue of medicinal relief :) Just because you are 18 doesn't mean your pain is any less than a 20 year olds, or a 50 year olds. You deserve relief, and you can legaly persue that avenue. GO for it :-D
-PM

JamesF said:
hey pinch-does zoloft really kill?i know it makes some people suicidal.i was pretty much forced to start taking it when i was 16 and now that im on my own i want to get off of any pills.

Mr. JF, that's just me blabbing about western medicine.. I think it is obvious that I have no trust in it. I had a good friend commit suicide just this past year.. he was on Z but he was fucked in the head since youth so no saying what it was.
Suffice to say that any pharmaceutical has its dark side.. What ever works best for you and MMJ may be the answer. Good luck.

yeah get off the pills man. i had a friend that took all sorts of pills the doc gave him. they worked for a while but then it just made him depressed and dependent. he got off of them and left to mexico havent seen him scence. hey DON J if youre reading this hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom