Skunk# 1 x Northern Lights

:thanks: ol' festus, great to hear it is novice friendly!

Then you should not have too many problems with your skill set attempting it.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Ole you on, i have question.... do the pistils receed in the last phase of budding, giving much more of a look im looking for?

Ole you on, i have question.... do the pistils receed in the last phase of budding, giving much more of a look im looking for?

Yes, they do recede. The best way to achieve this is either let them go the full distance or speed up their development. This is a cool strain to grow. You can do anything you want with it.

I dropped the night time temps down in the low 50's at night for 2 weeks, then the last week they went outdoors completely. One night it went down to 38 degrees and it really makes the plants develop much quicker. These plants love to be abused for their own good & they'll love you for the abuse.

Anything you can do in the last 2 to 3 weeks to irritate them to finish up early is a great thing to do or if you just want to let them finish on their own, they'll be great also.

:Namaste:

since we are sharing intel, i found that this hobbit strain i'm also growing in same environment, has been a challenge in itself.... i started the Hobbit 1 wk before the NLB >> the NLB is 3x the size of the Hobbit.....My Moster Sativa 1 month before the both of them.... the Sativa i really don't know which strain it is......But it was a seed from my last year out door grow, which was a tall leafy strain.... in turn pollenated by a another unknown male.. i'm thinking the female was purple strain....plant was dark purple buds... what do you think?

Hobbit is a very sensitive plant, shocks very easliy, repotting and over fert.... slows this one down to a crawl....but from a seed it was very slow going:peace:

Am not to sure, too many unknowns, from what I see is that a lot of strains do tend to purple up a little when ready for harvest. You may have purple genetics or some other strain that tends to go towards purpling.

I love the color and structure!
I found another NL x Skunk strain neat! I wish I knew what NL Ceres used I read description but no number :(
I use M39 NL 5 x Skunk 1 , same genetics as FOG just different name different breeder , one commercial (M39) other connoisseur (Fruit of Gods) marketed. It truly is an amazing cross! Your specimen is a perfect example :)

I agree, if you are starting out, want a stealthy, vigorous, low odor, easy to train, great producing hybrid strain, then this hybrid fills the ticket.

The more it cures, the better it is getting. I think that if I continue to cure it, the narcotic & pain relieving effects are only going to continue to amplify.

I may have to adjust the rating a little upward, but this is a B+, with potential to receive an A-.

Alright, seeing is believing. Compact, dense and very sticky. Cured 17 days and it is getting better.

SKNL11.jpg

:high-five:

That is a nug of the month entry right there A+ for aesthetics easily. That is how medicine looks great job!

Seriously, this is one hell of a strain to grow, especially for absolute beginners. I initially graded it as a solid B+, but after almost 3 weeks cure, it is a solid A. The medicinal value of this strain is exceptional, but I would seriously only recommend it for evening/night use. This is not a strain where you go out for the evening. It is better to place yourself in a nice, safe controlled environment with this strain. If you smoke in the evening, you will wake up feeling very, very relaxed and well rested.

Like I said, it didn't get coined "Devastation" for nothing. The only way to control the effects is to mix it with the AK48 that I grew, both compliment each other perfectly. The AK48 has the great Sativa Heady high and the SKNL throws the very strong Indica high at you.

It's a Beautiful One/Two punch and some very experienced smokers/growers are just loving this stuff.

:cheer:

Hi Ole Festus-I don't have any questions but what you write takes me back to 1990 thru 1996 when almost all I grew was Skunk#1xNorthern Lights #5(a/k/a Shiva Skunk). I got seeds in 1989 from Neville S. thru his Seed Bank in Amsterdam. It's wonderful weed as you know. I could be happy if it was the only one I had to smoke. Unfortunately, due to bad circumstances I've not grown anything in 13&1/2 yrs. I've not even gotten commercial Mex. but once in the past 4 yrs. Sad but true. I'm old and almost everyone is dead or otherwise gone. Do not pity me-I've decided my only, and very best recourse is to grow again, stealthily of course. I''m getting Hydro equipment(I find hydro convenient) and last week ordered feminized God Bud seeds and hope to be germinating within a week. Once I've got a successful grow or 2 under my belt perhaps I'll do some Shiva S. once again. Thanks for the memories, Rev3.

Back
Top Bottom