Skunky Smell

dfuel

420 Member
This is a topic that has been discussed in many forums, but the answer is never clear.

There are many of us searching for that skunky smelling strain. Some answers I have found from other posts lead to Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds, however grow reports show there is little to no skunk smell and it is just a sweet smelling strain.

Others say Mr.Nice Sh!t is the real deal and again some grow reports say its not skunky at all.

From your personal growing experience, have you guys & gals grown a strain that is skunky in smell?
Its okay if it has other smells as well, it does not have to be PURE skunk smell.

I have also heard that Skunk crosses with Afghani produce the skunk smell. Others say its not the Skunk #1 at all, in fact the smell comes from Kush strains.

I am not worried about production, not worried about how pretty the strain is, not worried about the resin production. Just focused on skunk smell.

In short, based on personal experience, what strain have you guys & gals grown that you can clearly smell and identify that rotten skunky smell? Combination smells are welcome. (Skunk with fuel smell or Skunk with hints of blueberry.)

If you could respond using the example below I would be greatly appreciated.

Example:
Strain Name: God Super Skunk x Chernobyl

Breeder: Jordan of the Islands

Skunk Smell Strength:
Strong (It's there!overpowers other smells )
Medium (Its there. Just as much as other smells.)
Light (It's there, but underpowered by other smells.)
None (It's not there, can't smell it at all.)

Other Smells: Pine/Lemon/Sweet

Many thanks for your input you all rock.

Any Skunk #1 coming from the UK will be the Sweet Skunk. Its the pheno that they had to work with. The Roadkill never made the trip abroad. With out charcoal filters this strain was impossible to grow indoors without major risks. That is the only reason that I can figure the Roadkill Skunk didn't continue on. Strains in those days were being bred more for low smell. The dankest ones were more risky. Even the sweet Skunk #1 was impossible to grow discretely without filters.

This should be noted: RoadKill Skunk is not stronger then the Sweet Skunk. I have grown and smoked the Skunk #1 from the UK. I grew up on the west coast so I know true Roadkill. The flavor was better the smells outrageous but the high was very similar.

I think that has a reason that the terepene profiles are getting stronger now. For years strong smells was avoided now they are cherished. The danker and nastier strains get the more people love them. There was a time where it seemed all weed had at least a slight skunk smell. (It got tiring after a few years). That is probably do to its parentage in so many other strains. I have been hoping that now weed is legal in lots of the USA. The true Roadkill Skunk would come back out. If it has not came out of the west coast by now it is not going too. Like you I am still searching.

2 strains I still need to look at.

DNA has a R.K.S. strain out. They don't go into what the letters are for. It could be Really Killer Skunk. West coast boys so I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and recreate Skunk. The genetics are very similar to Skunk #1

The other is Basic Skunk 19 x C-99 from Brothers Grimm. I was told it was skunky from the breeders. The Basic Skunk 19 is a unreleased Skunk strain that I am pretty sure is from the western hemisphere. I am going to run it this next grow in hopes of finding the right skunk I am looking for.

Any Skunk #1 coming from the UK will be the Sweet Skunk. Its the pheno that they had to work with. The Roadkill never made the trip abroad. With out charcoal filters this strain was impossible to grow indoors without major risks. That is the only reason that I can figure the Roadkill Skunk didn't continue on. Strains in those days were being bred more for low smell. The dankest ones were more risky. Even the sweet Skunk #1 was impossible to grow discretely without filters.

This should be noted: RoadKill Skunk is not stronger then the Sweet Skunk. I have grown and smoked the Skunk #1 from the UK. I grew up on the west coast so I know true Roadkill. The flavor was better the smells outrageous but the high was very similar.

I think that has a reason that the terepene profiles are getting stronger now. For years strong smells was avoided now they are cherished. The danker and nastier strains get the more people love them. There was a time where it seemed all weed had at least a slight skunk smell. (It got tiring after a few years). That is probably do to its parentage in so many other strains. I have been hoping that now weed is legal in lots of the USA. The true Roadkill Skunk would come back out. If it has not came out of the west coast by now it is not going too. Like you I am still searching.

2 strains I still need to look at.

DNA has a R.K.S. strain out. They don't go into what the letters are for. It could be Really Killer Skunk. West coast boys so I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and recreate Skunk. The genetics are very similar to Skunk #1

The other is Basic Skunk 19 x C-99 from Brothers Grimm. I was told it was skunky from the breeders. The Basic Skunk 19 is a unreleased Skunk strain that I am pretty sure is from the western hemisphere. I am going to run it this next grow in hopes of finding the right skunk I am looking for.

Thanks for your input.

The only skunky smell I ever got was from a strain called Black Indica from Crop King Seeds. The skunk smell was very low, only hints of it only when smoking. What a tease!

The strain is not bad, easy to grow, not the most potent head high, very narcotic though.

I have not been able to find anything else at the moment. I will send Brothers Grimm an email and see if they have anything in their selection that has some Skunk Smell.

I don't mind combination smells, skunk and something else. I just want to smell that skunky smell! Even if it's just a little bit!

In the old days, or maybe it was just where I come from, if you called anything "Skunk", it was always some bud that you got from a freaky Colombian Gold plant just showing you one of the many phenotypes she could kick out!

Good morning. The most potent I ever smoked 30+ years ago smelled strongly of skunk. Looked like little oatmeal buds. Didn't have a clue where it came from back then.

Skunk #1 and the Roadkill Skunk were not the strongest weedin the world. Don't get me wrong it "Was" great. Just not overly strong. So with that in thought in mind it may not come back around. When and if it does it will have to find some more THC. It did have a great social high which is what made it so popular. The first perfect blend of indica and sativa.

Back
Top Bottom