Sledgehammer flush

Natedog420grows

I am following the Fox Farms Soil feeding schedule and it's almost time for the Sledgehammer flush after week 7. I ordered the sledgehammer but I am just curious how it works and can I screw it up? Lol Afterall I am always baked! Do i feed directly after that or wait for the soil to dry out again? Someone please enlighten me!

I used to use it. It worked fine, never had issues.
I just used it in place of watering when it was time to flush. Then I realized I was already watering to a nice amount of run-off so there was no need to flush. However, do not let me talk you out of flushing. It does not hurt to do it and you have the stuff ordered already.

I have been advised to water with considerable runoff and I do. So a flush isn't really necessary unless issues arise?

I have been advised to water with considerable runoff and I do. So a flush isn't really necessary unless issues arise?
Nope. If you are doing at least 20% run-off, growing in FFOF and feeding per their schedules you should not need to flush. I flushed my first grow that was it. It did not make sense on how something could accumulate in that short of time when it was being flushed with water at least once if not twice between fertilizations so I stopped doing them a long time ago. I now use Kelp4Less's line and they do not even mention flushing (a good sign to me; they are not trying to sell useless products)
However, I must put this disclaimer There are plenty here on this forum that will declare flushing mandatory and I do not want to argue with these "fine" members. It is a futile argument that no one ever resolves.
I'm a member of the so-called "No Flush" club that many here also say they are members of as well but to each their own.

I also have an unopened bottle of sledgehammer. I bought it before I realized the plant goes through a growth spurt right before it fully matures. Seems counter productive to stop feeding during that time. My non flushed buds taste great. No flush club.

I have not flushed a single time and I'm at week 5 of flower withot a single issue. I actually had more problems when I flushed. I am also a member of the no flush club!

Back
Top Bottom