Nate's Groovie Grow! Purple Kush, Gelato, Amnesia Haze Outdoors, 25 Gallon Fabric Pots, FF Trio Nutes, Happy Frog Soil

Natedog420grows

This is going to be my second journal. I am running the same strains as I ran indoors on the last journal plus 1 new strain. This is a deck soil grow in 25 gallon pots. I run the Fox Farms Trio per soil feeding schedule.

These plants are from clone and will be going outside as soon as the temperatures allow it. I am really tempted to get a greenhouse but they just don't seem to make them tall enough. I am expecting 14 foot tall trees!

My 5x5 tent will be their new home until late April-early May. I know they are going to love the Mars Hydro's TSW3000! I was able to move them over today from my tiny veg tent after harvesting my previous grow. I will be transplanting the smaller ones in to 5 gallon fabric pots very soon.
20200331_214757.jpg

20200331_214108.jpg

Feel free to comment! I love to talk about growing. I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading about it.

I am really starting to wish I started these ladies a little later. I fear the big Gelatos might outgrow the 5 gallon pots before it's time to go outside. I am feeling a little impatient as usual! Lol
1586726452982333175442.jpg

Had to do a massive defoliation today. It always feels so wrong even knowing all oo well how quick they bounce back! I am not going to chance getting powdery mold or fungus. It will grow back two fold!!
20200423_150715.jpg

The pots are ready. Just waiting on warm enough weather
1587669371119742500614.jpg

Well I brought the two 4- 1/2 month old Gelatos outside to get acclimated because they started to need water every day and droop before you even realize it's time. New vegetation seems to be lime green color in contrast to the drep green of the fan leaves below. I am pretty sure it's just time for a transplant but someone please feel free to weigh in. I know it's a little early but these girls are extremely mature.
1588436528906-368437807.jpg

Well the girls have been outside for a week and they are doing fair. The weather man is predicting freezing temps and possibly even snow! Luckily I got the greenhouse built on my deck to protect them.
20200507_155335.jpg
20200508_080144.jpg

Attachments

• 20200503_172059.jpg
    20200503_172059.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 111
Cool- I thought you were using lumber! Haha- pvc is so much easier- I built a small scale version of this for my tomatoes, using 4 mil plastic. I hope it held up to the wind and snow last night! Here in upstate ny, it was blowy! Wind was the one issue I had with lightweight greenhouses.
nice trees though!

Cool- I thought you were using lumber! Haha- pvc is so much easier- I built a small scale version of this for my tomatoes, using 4 mil plastic. I hope it held up to the wind and snow last night! Here in upstate ny, it was blowy! Wind was the one issue I had with lightweight greenhouses.
nice trees though!
nice trees though!
Ahh I was going to build it out of wood but I don't own the property so I thought I'd do something more temporary. I found out after a long sleepless night, that the roof plastic was not stretched tight enough. I could also foresee the wind being an issue today so I came up with a plan and dragged my ass out of bed early today to get supplies. I cut and screwed a 2x4 frame to the inside of the roof perimeter. I then cut new cross members and arched them tightly in between the sides of the 2x4 frame and up against the roof plastic. I purposely left the old cross members in place to steady the new arches. I installed a $30 roll of velcro tape on the side I plan to use as a door/vent but I'm unsure if it's going to work out. I should not have attempted that on a windy day! I am finished for now but not totally done. More vents will have to be installed/improvised. One thing that I discovered that was helpful was that PVC can be easily screwed with course thread drywall screws with no pre-drilling. I will get some pictures posted ASAP. I am beat!

nice trees though!
I used to live in Upstate NY. What part are you from? Have you ever heard of St Regis Falls?? The troopers once stopped me at a check point on the way to visit my Dad and asked where we were going and gave me big lecture about illegal marijauna growing. Evidently it's an area infamous for growing weed.

Southern adks- I hada friend who used to smuggle across the border there, but
Ahh I was going to build it out of wood but I don't own the property so I thought I'd do something more temporary. I found out after a long sleepless night, that the roof plastic was not stretched tight enough. I could also foresee the wind being an issue today so I came up with a plan and dragged my ass out of bed early today to get supplies. I cut and screwed a 2x4 frame to the inside of the roof perimeter. I then cut new cross members and arched them tightly in between the sides of the 2x4 frame and up against the roof plastic. I purposely left the old cross members in place to steady the new arches. I installed a $30 roll of velcro tape on the side I plan to use as a door/vent but I'm unsure if it's going to work out. I should not have attempted that on a windy day! I am finished for now but not totally done. More vents will have to be installed/improvised. One thing that I discovered that was helpful was that PVC can be easily screwed with course thread drywall screws with no pre-drilling. I will get some pictures posted ASAP. I am beat!
sounds like a lot of work! Hope the results hold. This spring has been nasty!
cant wait to see the final product, I’m already dreaming up a semi-attached greenhouse for my garage.

I got lucky having a deck to screw it to otherwise I would have had to screw wood to the whole interior frame. What a waste of time that would be! We live and we learn.

Good luck with your grow my friend! Whatever you decide to do!

Growing season is here. These monsters have been outside for 2 weeeks already.
20200519_165037.jpg

I installed a 4 inch outtake and intake fans that I had around laying around on either side near the roof where the heat seems to build up very quickly. I've got both fans plugged in to a temp controller so they will kick on when the temp reaches 80 degrees F.
20200519_164902.jpg
20200519_164847.jpg

I have kind of neglected this journal. A lot has happened since the last update.

I upgraded my ventilation to 24" box fans framed into the walls on either end which are on a temp controller.
20200629_135914.jpg

Many of the plants are revegging due to being brought outside too early. Lots of stretching , twisted leaves, single finger leaves, and weird shoots.
15944836497501448989814.jpg

The 2 big Gelatos were the only ones that actually had good sized buds on them. I was planning to leave them alone and let them reveg but botrytis started setting in so I had to strip off as much bud as I could while leaving as much of the main stems as possible. They look sad now but with trunks that are nearly 3" around, I'd say they will come back strong!
20200704_174703.jpg
20200704_174607.jpg
20200704_174550.jpg

Before removing the flowers
20200625_141716.jpg

20200629_135936.jpg

After removing flowers
20200707_173034.jpg
20200707_173016.jpg

I have also taken in some plants and cloned them. New strains are GMO and Wedding Cake. I would also like to note that the leaf hoppers are out of control this season. Usually I only spray once per month but this season I can't seem to control them!

Back
Top Bottom