My First Indoor Grow: Wedding Cake By Barneys Farm

Just strapped down a few of these branches with some thin wire and getting better stuff sometime this weekend. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas or anythting you would recommend becuase I dont have much room to work with due to this other big lady in here and the lights cant go up too much higher unless I hack it up somehow..any advice I’d love to take consideration! Happy Thanksgiving ya’ll

6114BFA2-E0F7-4C46-A7AC-6ED1791716AC.jpeg

9933DFA4-5F79-4022-9994-9D4FAC1CECAD.jpeg

6822750A-25F8-4654-8C21-7D8F72FFB934.jpeg

451FDC0E-A834-491C-8E97-FA19EC5D5F44.jpeg

So what do you all think?

@Emilya Green Came a long way forsure lol how many weeks you think until I should switch the lights :) just topes the bottom ones that are clipped and turning up. Its getting very crowded because of my other bush. Waiting for there tops to start turning as well… started to use lst clips because wanted to try n keep them from stetching too much cuz of the space in the tent. And light height.

F85871E7-1D97-466C-8F88-87A89CB3A610.jpeg

F2B0C876-10CF-4688-AB3A-4C8720BB5D4E.jpeg

B90FB2A7-5755-42BC-857B-E5F15ED1547B.jpeg

F9D65259-DA9E-4D96-9C55-4DB1F596AC64.jpeg

3DCDC224-4E16-4BB1-824B-B5E6105F680D.jpeg

If I have my plants in 5 gallon pots, and using fox farms schedule and products, how many gallons of water do I really need to use to flush these ladies? My next moves are switching to 12/12 and flushing ! Any thoughts my friend :) @Emilya Green

If I have my plants in 5 gallon pots, and using fox farms schedule and products, how many gallons of water do I really need to use to flush these ladies? My next moves are switching to 12/12 and flushing ! Any thoughts my friend :) @Emilya Green
Hi Squishy! Flushing is the forceful removal of the salts locked in the soil, and it does take some effort. The general rule is that it takes 3x the size of the container in water to get this done. A 5 gallon pot requires 15 gallons of water to do it right. I also recommend using warm water if you doing in a bathroom, as it just helps dislodge the salts

Hi Squishy! Flushing is the forceful removal of the salts locked in the soil, and it does take some effort. The general rule is that it takes 3x the size of the container in water to get this done. A 5 gallon pot requires 15 gallons of water to do it right. I also recommend using warm water if you doing in a bathroom, as it just helps dislodge the salts
Alright. Well the lights were just changed to 12/12 about 2 days ago and im just waiting for the plants to show me signs that they need to be watered and that is when im going to flush them…my only concern is worrying when im dumping 15 gallons of water into my pots, is the soil going to lessen and come out the bottom of the pots? And arent the plants going to look drowned for a couple of days after the fact of flushing with so much water? I also intent on using Fox Farms Sledge hammer as they suggest on the feeding schedule. Heres an updated picture of the babies :)

846E2DA3-E3CF-4076-B8EA-518DB4C627A8.jpeg

Alright. Well the lights were just changed to 12/12 about 2 days ago and im just waiting for the plants to show me signs that they need to be watered and that is when im going to flush them…my only concern is worrying when im dumping 15 gallons of water into my pots, is the soil going to lessen and come out the bottom of the pots? And arent the plants going to look drowned for a couple of days after the fact of flushing with so much water? I also intent on using Fox Farms Sledge hammer as they suggest on the feeding schedule. Heres an updated picture of the babies :)

846E2DA3-E3CF-4076-B8EA-518DB4C627A8.jpeg
To alleviate your fears, let's look at the physics of the thing. Your soil is designed to only be able to hold so much water and then anything extra just runs off at the bottom as runoff. There is no difference in the amount of water that remains in the pot whether you've slowly watered to run off or you have flushed with 15 gallons of water. Your plants will not feel waterlogged, they will be well watered. Also, your soil is not going to come out of the bottom because it is well settled in there and it's tightened in there with the roots. The soil is just going to do what it is designed to do and allow the water to pass through. I've never used the sledgehammer but the concept is good and it will help you dislodge the salts a little bit more efficiently. Just wait till you see your plants respond to this treatment, you won't believe it!

A few days ago was the 21 day of flower and they were stripped of all of their mother fan leaves. So far so good! I was wondering if there is anything you recommend! @Emilya Green Biggee one in the back doesnt seem to be throw as much resin, the wedding cake seeds smell prettt stanky. Going to be using cooked living soil next with GeoFlora amendments for the next run with my Dried Fruit - ( Irene OG x Zkittlez x Gelato #45) Bred by Cookies

6FD7C52A-BE3B-47D9-B341-22F26FEC41AE.jpeg

BC9409E2-63E9-47E0-BBD2-B37C6521D230.jpeg

Looks good ! I’m new to indoor growing myself and I’m on my 3rd grow I found(through lurking 420magazine) that growing indoors has some drawbacks because of inverse square law , but there are some ways to work around it . I know in my case that when I was letting plants grow without training some of my lower stuff never fully formed . Like anything more than about 30” from the light. My first yield was maybe 0.5g per watt :( but my last yield I actually hit 1.5g per watt and I hope to hit even higher this time! Idk if you plan on growing again but if you do please give LST a try! Having a uniform height canopy and coverage will be a game changer yield wise :)

Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing: Featuring The Original Flux! here’s the thread that really piqued my interest on training for max yield
795CE7CD-FE25-4A08-A886-8CB280A3E93D.jpeg

And here’s a pic demonstrating how it looks, not my pic it’s from the thread and I don’t do it just like this guy but i roughly follow the idea of keeping canopy even if that makes sense. Maybe you’ll like this information!

Happy Shatterday Guys! I know I haven’t been on here in awhile due to working a lot but wanted to update Ya’ll with some new pictures ND videos from Today of the babies still going strong 🙏🏻

3E76ECFC-3070-442E-ABD8-9F7B9681FFDA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom