Smell: A ten cent solution

OldSkoool

Like a lot of you, I became quite anxious when my plant resently began smelling REAL strong, s k u n k y as hell. I loved it, but certainly didn't want it notifying anyone visiting of what I was growing. My grow box is in our bedroom, but even with the door closed you could still smell it. I gave the carbon-in-the-dryer-sheet method a try, simi worked, but my top mount exhaust fan just wasn't up to pumping enough air through to keep good plant ventilation when I had them laying on top of it.

So, when I paid a visit to the local head shop on Friday, I picked up some incense, ten cents a stick. Laid one of the sticks on top of the fan, and
Wa La, completely elminated any MJ scent, just the smell of the incence was detectable. Maybe this might help some of you single, or two plant growers out with the same financial restictions prohibiting a more costly method.

I'm kinda nevous myself. I'm about to start flowering 16 plants. Well, that is after I see which ones are male. I will still probably have a lot of plants. What bothers me is how strong it will be. They are in my garage. The police sit in my drive-way and catch people speeding sometimes. I say the is maybe 150-200 Ft between the drive-way and garage. I need some way to air tight my grow area.

SlimDog53185 said:
I'm kinda nevous myself. I'm about to start flowering 16 plants. Well, that is after I see which ones are male. I will still probably have a lot of plants. What bothers me is how strong it will be. They are in my garage. The police sit in my drive-way and catch people speeding sometimes. I say the is maybe 150-200 Ft between the drive-way and garage. I need some way to air tight my grow area.

WHOA DADDY! For your sake I hope they aren't a smelly strain, my Esparanza reeks like a beautiful gypsy woman that's been toting water on a hot summers day. BTW, the smell developed like over night, going from a slight veg odor, to full on skunk.

start a compost pile in front of your garage on the edge of the driveway and put lots of grass clippings and veggie debris in it [watermelon rinds, corn shucks, cabbage leaves etc ] wet it often stir every week hopefully the thing will smell swampy/skunky and camo any other odors ... no probable cause....

SlimDog53185 said:
A simple 'No Trespassing' sign will do...... put one at the front of your driveway and one more elsewhere along the road. The police might ask permission to still use your driveway or they might take the hint. Either way the sign being in place even forbids EVEN law enforcement officials from crossing it and therefore they cannot use anything as evidence against you if they cross that sign without a warrant. A skunky smell can be explained by a nearby dead skunk or one that has sprayed, they would have NO reason to approach your garage. Best of luck.............:smokin3:

I hope you don't burn insence with your plants in the same room. Smoke causes dust and dust collects on the calyxes and all the rezin glands and stunts rezin production. I would advise against smoking with your plants and burning incence.

Brett2theMax said:
I hope you don't burn insence with your plants in the same room. Smoke causes dust and dust collects on the calyxes and all the rezin glands and stunts rezin production. I would advise against smoking with your plants and burning incence.

If you'll read my piece again, I stated I laid the incense stick over my fan, the air passing over it was enough to spread the scent. As far as dust, I'm afraid it's something that we all have to put up with, but I appreciate your advice.

Stoner4Life said:
A simple 'No Trespassing' sign will do...... put one at the front of your driveway and one more elsewhere along the road. The police might ask permission to still use your driveway or they might take the hint. Either way the sign being in place even forbids EVEN law enforcement officials from crossing it and therefore they cannot use anything as evidence against you if they cross that sign without a warrant. A skunky smell can be explained by a nearby dead skunk or one that has sprayed, they would have NO reason to approach your garage. Best of luck.............:smokin3:

That is so NOT true.
No trespassing only applies to those who have no legitimate reason to be on your prop.
It doesn't apply to mail carriers, UPS, the gas company/meter readers, your neighbor, the police or anyone else who has a REASON to knock on your door.
Don't believe me? Do you honestly believe that it's legal to shoot your mailman because you put up a no trespassing sign? Or call the cops because the guy from the elect. co. came on your prop. to read the meter and try to have him arrested for trespassing, see how long it takes the cops to stop laughing at you.
Fyi, the cops DO NOT need a warrant to enter your prop. if they believe a felony is being committed (like if they for instance hear someone screaming "Help") or if they see smoke & flames shooting out your window.
They can come up and knock on your door whenever they feel like it, regardless of a no trespassing sign.
In fact, if they have a legitimate reason to talk to you, come onto your prop. and your dog charges them, they have the legal right to shoot and kill your dog.
They need a warrant, in most cases, to ENTER your house (unless the door is open, then they don't need a warrant) but they don't need one to go on your prop.
And if they come to your door and see a felony being committed through your window (like a pile of weed on a tabletop, or a meth lab), they can come in with weapons drawn, no warrant needed.

I was thinking of building a big air tight box. Then put some exhaust on it with some filters and whatnot. Its not a ten cent solution, but I hope it works. I have 2 10" exhaust fans that will work great.

You can't shoot your mail man unless he comes in your house...and cops need a warrant to come in your house for a "felony" reason but it wouldnt be hard to get one when you smell weed in the house....and cops do need permision to sit on private property...so tell that piggy to leave if you own that property

the only way you could really get away with shooting someone in your house was if it was dark and you couldn't see if they had a weapon. this is coming from a lawyer (not me).

as for the private property thing they do need permission from the owners to run radar but not for warrants or probable cause.

Well shyte, here in the durty(South Florida). They passed a bill or sum shyte, where u can bust a mufucka. Only If he's breakin or already in ur house.

RangerDanger said:
That is so NOT true.
No trespassing only applies to those who have no legitimate reason to be on your prop.
It doesn't apply to mail carriers, UPS, the gas company/meter readers, your neighbor, the police or anyone else who has a REASON to knock on your door.
Don't believe me? Do you honestly believe that it's legal to shoot your mailman because you put up a no trespassing sign? Or call the cops because the guy from the elect. co. came on your prop. to read the meter and try to have him arrested for trespassing, see how long it takes the cops to stop laughing at you.
Fyi, the cops DO NOT need a warrant to enter your prop. if they believe a felony is being committed (like if they for instance hear someone screaming "Help") or if they see smoke & flames shooting out your window.
They can come up and knock on your door whenever they feel like it, regardless of a no trespassing sign.
In fact, if they have a legitimate reason to talk to you, come onto your prop. and your dog charges them, they have the legal right to shoot and kill your dog.
They need a warrant, in most cases, to ENTER your house (unless the door is open, then they don't need a warrant) but they don't need one to go on your prop.
And if they come to your door and see a felony being committed through your window (like a pile of weed on a tabletop, or a meth lab), they can come in with weapons drawn, no warrant needed.

cops DO need a warrant to come onto your property, pigs just cant walk around your yard anytime they feel like it, its invasion of privacy. the only way a cop can come into your house without a warrant is like RD said, if there is an emergency such as fire or if a suspect is fleeing and runs into your house they can follow without warrant. the "plain sight" law is always in effect so if a cop does see a crime from plain sight outside they can come in. but as for an open door, cops still cant come in without a warrant just cause your door is open, its not an invitation.
just remember that if it is private property, be it your house, car, or briefcase, police cannot search it without a warrant or probable cause but thats a whole other can of worms
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom