Smoke too much

Timmyman

Hey, Im kinda new to smoking. Ive been doin it for a while about 12 or so times, 8 of those being in the past 2 months. Most of the time i enjoy it and have the "traditonal" high but there has been 2 or 3 times where i get a compleatly different high. One night I hadn't smoked in a good while and ended up smoking alot. I had to return home in a few hours but after finishing smoking i started tripping out. Im sure there is a better way to put it but i honstly felt like my brain kept tripping. I would zone out and compleatly forget where i was, and then come back and get nervous all in a matter of about 6 seconds. This kept happening. It was like someone turned the framerate on one of those old movie projectors down and i could only take things in slow bits and peices. I ended up calling my friend to come pick me up because i wasnt confident i could drive home. I had driven home from the beach (3 hours away) very high before but it wasnt the same. This different high has happened about 2 more times since then and i dont really enjoy it, but its not worth giving up smokeing because most of the times i have the normal awesome high. One time i got the bad high after 1 bowl on the way home from school. I need some advice as to whats wrong. I thought it was like a panic attack but i never actually get worried about anyone seeing/finding out im high, except when i get the bad high. I just dont understand it.
thanks
tim

Re: Help me out

the different high are probly for the strains u smoke i guess i dont know im to high to really think!!

It was probably due to the fact that you haven't built up a tolerence yet and when you start to worry (since you had to go home) when you're high, it's alot more intense. If you feel like that, just sit down and relax. Get some fresh air and get your mind of what's making you "trip out", as you said. Try and only smoke when you will have nowhere to go or worry about, until your tolerence builds.

Everybody reacts w/ marijuana differently, and you might not have fully adjusted to it's effects. If you were anxious or worried about something, this can trigger bad thoughts and freak you out, or cause you to think something's wrong when it's not. You'll adjust to these feelings and learn to control or prevent yourself from having them by smoking more but in a peaceful setting when you don't have to worry about getting caught, etc..

Check this out also, great info on what to expect when smoking buddah Erowid Cannabis (Marijuana) Vault : Effects

Try smoking a little less, and make sure it isn't laced..unless you want it laced I guess...

Yeah its most likely just because you're kinda new to smoking. I used to get those really trippy highs too that made me freak out a lot when I was a lightweight. But now I been smokin for couple years and I never get those anymore. If that shit happens again to you just calm down and realize you aint gonna die from weed and you smoked weed because its fun so enjoy your high bro. :peace: LoL and that sounds hella cool about your high being like a framerate on a movie projector and i could only take things in slow bits and peices. I wish I could get that fucked up again. :laughtwo:

I have never had anything like that happen to me. And I am a medical user, so i'm smoking med grade. Even if you haven't had time to build up a tollerance, your body and mind shouldn't be going thru that sort of thing. I think your weed may be laced with something. Find some different herb, because you may be tripping from smoking chemicals added to your weed. Or...some prick actually put another drug in your herb, to cover the fact that it's really shitty weed. Best idea, other than not smoking anymore, or smoking LESS, get a new connection!!!! And only smoke when your in a safe place, with nothing to do. If your reacting this way to herb, you SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING. YOUR PUTTING EVERYONE ON THE ROAD AT RISK!!!! Think of it like alcohol kid, don't smoke and drive. Until you know how! ;)

^ nah man i highly doubt his weed was laced..i know a lot of people who i've smoked with that totally freaked out because they were too high.. he just cant handle the chronic yet. :laughtwo:

unless he lives in east oakland or some other ghettoe ass city and bought his bud off some crip gangster or whatever then yeah.. his shit mightve been laced lol

I think i've smoked something laced once cause My friend Jesse and Me had just smoked a bowl or two and we had the munchies like you wouldn't believe so We decided to goto Micky D's and we pull up to the drive thru and She just starts ordering mad shit but repeating herself...and I'm thinkin to myself we have 3 dollars and she's ordering like ten things and the same ten things...lol.. So out of no where I was like FUCK THIS and pulled out of the drive thru...It felt as if I was in a bubble I kept saying I was in a bubble dream and maybe I was just in a dream and couldn't wake up..that was the worst 5 min ride home of my life lol..
Maybe it was the strain but I doubt that cause i've never felt that way high before...this happened in like 02' and since then i've hadn't had that happen .

yeah the weed most likley was not laced, weird things like that are completley normal for newer smokers. If anything, embrace any feeling you have from pot, even if it feels good or bad. Because fighting it doesn't usually help.

It might have been that you smoked too much dude. That's not a good experience when you cross that line. It's a waste of weed and a waste of your high, so just go easy next time.

haha thanks for all the advice guys. The stuff i had was definitly not laced but from the description i gave it sounds like it might have been. I think New Rising Sun nailed it perfectly.

" Time seems to go by extremely slow, and you often have "out of body" expierences. You feel like you're in a dream, and that only occasionaly, for a few split seconds do you wake up, and feel normal again, when WHAM! it all happens again."

Thats exactly how i feel when it happens. Kinda figured it was panic related, will deep breaths, and fresh air really help? Also is it better to move around or stay in one spot? The times it happend i crashed on the sofa and didnt move, which might have amplified because thats all i thought about. Eventually will I build up a tolerance and be able to control this high? I guess i was just so caught off guard when it happend because im never worried around my parents (due to the fact their pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff) but i guess i was subconciously worried. One of the times I was most high was in school too and that never bothered me... I guess ill just make sure i smoke when I dont have to come in contact with my parents.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input and advice!

yea, somtimes I feel like im dreaming when im really high too....but most of the time im really relaxed and chilled out...I don't like to smoke when iv'e got alot of shit to worry about becaus that usually ruins the high or makes me trip out .

yeah man, rising sun hit the nail on the head man. until you get used to smoking having anything to do is a bad thing. smoke in a comfortable place, dont have anything to do, and deffinatly do not drive until you have your high under control. even then I would not suggest driving after smoking, but I dont like to drive high anyway. it screws up your high. keep token and just take it easy.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was at my cousins house and we smoked about 3 grams out of a Vaporizer. Then I had to ride my bike home, Anyways i start riding and I totally zone out like I cant do anything I want to do im kinda paralyzed then I come to then i drift back into it after 10 seconds i got lost for like 1 hour lol. But let me tell you that adventure was fucking sweet!

Yea just try and be relazed nothing on your mind when you smoke it makes the experiance alot better.

Timmyman said:
haha thanks for all the advice guys. The stuff i had was definitly not laced but from the description i gave it sounds like it might have been. I think New Rising Sun nailed it perfectly.

" Time seems to go by extremely slow, and you often have "out of body" expierences. You feel like you're in a dream, and that only occasionaly, for a few split seconds do you wake up, and feel normal again, when WHAM! it all happens again."

Thats exactly how i feel when it happens. Kinda figured it was panic related, will deep breaths, and fresh air really help? Also is it better to move around or stay in one spot? The times it happend i crashed on the sofa and didnt move, which might have amplified because thats all i thought about. Eventually will I build up a tolerance and be able to control this high? I guess i was just so caught off guard when it happend because im never worried around my parents (due to the fact their pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff) but i guess i was subconciously worried. One of the times I was most high was in school too and that never bothered me... I guess ill just make sure i smoke when I dont have to come in contact with my parents.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input and advice!

That has happened to me a couple times during a high, and it always seems to happen when im worried about something. But, I have also had it happened to me when I was not high. The one time when I wasnt high I fell asleep and I woke up with my whole leg numb. I couldnt feel anything in my leg, so I got up to get blood back into my leg, and I feell down cuz my leg wasnt functional at all, the blood came back into my leg, and I was fine. Then about 15 minutes later I got one of out of body experience type things, and had it all night. The thing I do is just lay down, I find a couch or recliner to be best, and just lay there close your eyes, and soon you will fall asleep, you will wake up in the morning fine. I'm glad im not the only person who has had this happen to them. The other thing is that weed makes the "panic attack" much stronger, to the fact that it seems you are tripping and it makes you think you had laced weed. If it happens again just sleep it off. Also you might have nausea for a day or two.

Long ass post.
-Mike

Back
Top Bottom