Getting extremly paranoid and scared when I smoke

I too get paranoid sometimes - I find couch lock makes me act really weird, can't handle it so I try to smoke sativas. It's worse when I'm stressed about work, or family - and best when I'm chilled and happy with no major immediate responsibilities looming over me. I don't like going and doing errands out and about when I'm stoned either, but a walk about for leisure is great. I suppose what I'm saying is it's a mood enhancer. Also if I smoke more than my tolerance it's not pleasant. The rest of the time it's pretty awesome :D

However positive/negative your state of mind is in general may very well be amplified when you smoke. There was a period of time when I was a bit out of balance, dealing with anxiety and depression. Smoking would help in moderation, but too much would put me over the edge (similar to what you've been experiencing). Do what you can to deal with any/all problems in your life, try meditation, yoga, exercise... even if you don't think you need to while you're sober. And make sure that when you do smoke, it's in the most relaxing environment possible. Burn incense, get a small indoor water fountain, be around animals (dogs are the best), or get outside and go for a nice hike.

I wish you the best, and never think that you can't fix what's broken with enough effort :)

Pot can give you the fear. It's part of the high. Each person reacts to the change in perception differently, I personally, think that what is termed 'paranoia' (a phrase cooked up by shrinks) is really heightened awareness....THC, like other hallucinogens, acts by breaking down the mental filters in our consciousness....filters created by society, school, work, etc. to make it easier for us to 'fit in' to what society calls 'normal behavior' THC ( and LSD, DMT, etc.) gives us a glimpse of reality without these societal filters in place....Aldous Huxley called this ' undifferentiated reality' in other words, a truer level of perception without the bullshit imposed by society and culture. Depending on your own sensitivity, this opening of consciousness can be quite frightening. In terms of an acid trip, you can 'trip' (bliss out in beauty) or 'freak' (see the dark side of reality and death) ... the important thing to remember is : there is knowledge to be gained either way. Find your own path, and remember that weed is also a gift from the earth....respect it and learn from it. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom