Smoking out of copper?

I heard it could give you lock jaw. Copper has chemicals that are released when heated up with open flame.

what's the safest metal to smoke out of?

im guessing plain glavanized metal... but i could be wrong.

all metal has a burning point and the fumes you inhale can kill you...
smoking out of coke cans has now been linked to alzheimer's disease...

you should never smoke out of anything other than glass..
period.

:peace:

wood has a burning point too...
why would you smoke wood?
and i bet stone gives off some chemical reaction as well...
but i don't know where to find the reseacrh...
glass is the only safe way i know of.

hey so i have a little bong my friend got me from australia. the bowl looks like it could either be copper or brass... i'm not a pro at telling them apart. anyway, it was made to smoke out of, so should i trust it? thx

wood has a burning point too...
why would you smoke wood?
and i bet stone gives off some chemical reaction as well...
but i don't know where to find the reseacrh...
glass is the only safe way i know of.

You can smoke out of apples and im pretty sure if you clean the rock, it won't damage you.:grinjoint:

Brass is made out of copper (it's the principle element in brass)

The difference between cooking and inhalation is huge. Your stomach, digestive system, and liver in particular can filter out impurities far better than your lungs and direct access to the blood brain barrier as occurs during inhalation.

Annealed stainless steel is the only metal I'd consider smoking out of. Glass or stone are far preferred ;)

Glass is good.

Titanium is also very good if not alloyed with aluminum. It is non toxic.

Annealed stainless steel , polished stone and medical grade brass* (Copper and Zinc alloy) are all fine. Not your #1 choice but not bad.

65-70% copper and 30-35% zinc brass is ok. It is when they start adding aluminum, lead and other metals to change the makeup for different uses they mess it up.

*If you use a brass pipe you MUST make sure of what kind of brass is used. Some brass contains lead and other metals used to make a brass that is not good to smoke out of. If you are not 100% sure, don't smoke out of it. There are about 25 kinds of brass all used for different applications and only a couple of types that won't kill you.
Ceramic made with no impurities is fine except for the fact it is near impossible to get one made properly. Therefore 99% of Ceramic = bad to VERY BAD. Ceramic is notorious for high lead content.

Pure Copper , Aluminum , Bronze , Tin , Galvanized and Plastic = VERY, VERY BAD All give off toxic fumes when heated.

Most wood and even rolling papers to a lesser extent = bad. Thing is some form of wood or paper (leaves) are what have been used mostly in the history of smoking.... I mean we are talking about SMOKING.

My 20+ year old Brass Proto Pipe and a glass bong are the only things I will smoke out of.

I cannot stand glass pipes, they are ugly and they are too.... sterile and fragile (must be Italian***). You can swirl the colours in the glass used in pipes only so many ways........ lol. Glass bong np.

*** Reference to "A Christmas Story"

I do have an all glass Hookah I don't mind wasting some medicine in once in awhile. Burns too much too fast... wastefull.

Be safe smoking but if you are gonna freak out maybe edibles are a better route for your cannabis intake.

WillyB

Model 419 makes a really nice stainless pipe... I'd wager it's better than glass since you don't inhale hot ash with the unique design... and it won't break... ;)

Only smoke out of glass here...makes a little more mess with my bong, but an ash catcher fixes most of those problems. More and more, I find vapor and edibles/tinctures preferable to smoking all day. YMMV.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom