So many issues i dont even know where to start.

farnorth

Hey everyone.
So without too much explanation, im running a perpetual harvest t5 flouro lighting soil garden with multiple strains from clone. So far i have cut all of the plants in the first group, and am onto cutting some of the plants in the second group...
I am using the monsoon watering technique, with flushing each plants 1 gallon of plain water right before feeding.
I am also growing with organic nutrients from Roots Organics.

Here are some stats.
Nutrients: Roots Organics main line, never going over 1000ppm.
SOil: Fox farms ocean forest/ perlite/organic crutons
Lights: HO-t5
Temp: High, 85-88F sometimes reaching 92-95F daytime
nighttime temps 66-68F
Water ph: 6.5-6.8
Soil ph: 6.5-6.8

Now here is where it gets tricky. In my first group, right around 35 days, into flower, the big fan leaves began to ramshorn.. Within a week, these leaves began to yellow, and brown at the tips, quickly followed by contorting and twisting, and continuing to brown into a dark green/rust color. On the same plants, some of the smaller fan leaves began showing signs of what looks like nutrient burn...
This then progressed and within 2 weeks, almost all of the leaves appeared nute burned, and have died, browned and fallen off. Ive ended up harvesting all of these plants, and the meds are wonderful, however, the overall plant health plummeted within the last 3 weeks of flower.
Group 2 began to do the exact same thing. Except all of the symptoms collided into each other within 1 week. At how old? Right at 35-40 days into flower....
Well if the pattern isnt clear enough already, group 3... doing the EXACT same thing, at the EXACT same age.
What I cant figure is what is causing this.
If im going organic nutrients, in organic soil, flushing with EVERY water, it couldnt be nute burn? Esecially if the ppms are never getting above 1000...
Also as i feed them plain water trying to correct the problems, they just get worse. And trying to feed them some nutrients to correct the problem on some sample plants ALSO made them worse...
I am thinking with a couple of times missing a water day, and the next day they were severely droopy, combined with the high temps, then any little bit of stress could have been magnified...
It couldnt be the PH either as it is staying exactly within 6.5-6.8..
What is wrong with my plants?!

hello,
I am not sure what is causing the leaf damage, but I can give you some suggestions;
I have had similar problems and it was because i was using organic nutrients too high in natural growth hormones and this was causing problems with nutrient up take;

with organic nutrients the ph does not stay stable, it may be a ph problem;

have a look at this video of mine and see if the damage on your plants is similar, if it is, then it is because of using incompatible nutrients both of which are too high in growth stimulants:
YouTube - ‪my medical grow showing leaf damage cause by use of Canna Boost as an additive.wmv‬‏

take care, and all the best

You are flushing in the wrong manner. You add nutes every other water, at half bottle strength max. So every other time they need watering (let the soil dry out) is just plain water, you want 10-30% run through. Another possibility is your plants are root bound. I use smart pots which prevents them from getting rootbound, airpots and geopots also airprune.

It is pretty similar. Im not quite sure what you mean about using incompatible nutrients though..

hi my friend,
What I mean by incompatible nutrients is that many organic nutrients contain high levels of organic plant hormones.
When the levels of plant growth simulators(or growth hormones) are correct the plant will thrive. These organic substances, however, must be available at the right time in the growth cycle and at the correct amounts.

Plant hormones are only needed in very small amounts, and at particular stages of the growth cycle;

organic fertilizers such as fish emulsion, seaweed and other particular organic nutrients aimed at encouraging a particular form of plant development(such as root development) all usually contain high levels of these growth substances;

This becomes a problem, however, when these nutrients are mixed together.
When such nutrients are mixed with an organic flowering nutrient (which usually contains high levels of flowering hormones), then this can result in nutrient incompatibilities;

Here what happens is this - each nutrient used alone would not cause a problem; when combined, however, with other organic nutrients, which contain high levels of these substances, then the levels of these plant hormones become too high and this causes the leaf damage and stress to the plant.

In extreme cases, the plant can die;

I have had this happen from using two different organic nutrients from the same company;
One was used to encourage root growth during veg;
but then it is meant to be discontinued in the flowering stage, when a seaweed fertilizer is used.
Both products are made by the same company, and there was no warning, that these two nutrients should not be used together, on the label of each product;

any organic nutrient which encourages root growth will be high in natural hormones;

most, in not all, organic flowering nutrients are also high in natural hormones;

in many cases these two nutrients if used together would cause serious leaf damage and plant stress.
therefore, I see these two forms of nutrient(assuming they both contain high levels of plant hormones) as being unsuitable to use together.
There are incompatible, and should not be used together.

In such cases usually the root stimulating nutrient is discontinued during flowering.

Check with the manufacture of your nutrients;

I hope this has helped;
take care:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom